Jump to content
Stl

2023 Team Race

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, BerniePragle said:

ANOTHER technique would be to capitalize the first word in a sentence to get their attention, and capitalize the last word to let 'em know you mean BUSINESS.  I like that so much, I may start using IT.  SOMETIMES it may be hard to tell THOUGH.
 

:)

Dylan Palacio doesn't take any chances, he capitalizes every word. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Word that is getting out of Columbus is that, Rocky Jordan is entering the transfer portal.

And that it will be the same lineup next year as this year with Bouzakis or Mendez at 133 and Gallagher at 157. 
 

so overall a lineup with no huge holes and definitely a fringe Top 5 team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MSU158 said:

Thank you, gents.  It warms my heart to know I can have such a significant impact on the hearts and minds of my fellow wrestling junkies.  I will ENDEAVOR to EMPHASIZE the BEST way I KNOW how!

WEAR it like a SCARLETT LETTER...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mphillips said:

WEAR it like a SCARLETT LETTER...

nope, i wear it with pride and 100% commitment. i am confident my way is the right way. just because some do not like capitalized words, will not make me stop. i will continue to do what it think is correct. i hope one day you will all realize your error and come to the correct side. if you don’t, know that your chances at heaven diminish exponentially. 
 

as i said before, i want what is best for this community. i will do what is best for the collective even if it hurts some people’s eyes. capitalizing the right words is very important to me. it is something i learned to do at a young age and the internet won’t be what stops me. 
 

take care and have a great day,

 

msu158

Edited by MSU158

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

nope, i wear it with pride and 100% commitment. i am confident my way is the right way. just because some do not like capitalized words, will not make me stop. i will continue to do what it think is correct. i hope one day you will all realize your error and come to the correct side. if you don’t, know that your chances at heaven diminish exponentially. 
 

as i said before, i want what is best for this community. i will do what is best for the collective even if it hurts some people’s eyes. capitalizing the right words is very important to me. it is something i learned to do at a young age and the internet won’t be what stops me. 
 

take care and have a great day,

 

msu158

I ENJOY that you LOOK for an ARGUMENT even when there ISN'T one...

 

Regards,

Mphillips

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

I ENJOY that you LOOK for an ARGUMENT even when there ISN'T one...

 

Regards,

Mphillips

 

 

 

Is that what you really took from that post?  Did you notice me making fun of myself by not capitalizing one single letter in that entire post?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MSU158 said:

Is that what you really took from that post?  Did you notice me making fun of myself by not capitalizing one single letter in that entire post?  

Of course I noticed it MSU. Wasn't the point of me not mentioning it and then posting what I did fall right in line with what you posted...

C'mon Brother! I'm with ya here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mphillips said:

Of course I noticed it MSU. Wasn't the point of me not mentioning it and then posting what I did fall right in line with what you posted...

C'mon Brother! I'm with ya here.

Hard to glean intent sometimes on here. My faith in you has been restored. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2022 at 6:02 PM, TripNSweep said:

ASU returns everybody but Valencia. They also get the youngest Valencia in the lineup, and have Fagen and Vasquez back from injury. If they add an impact transfer like the rumor going around, they will be very much in the running. 

I think Cael Valencia will perform more like Zahid and less like Anthony in FS wrestling. I see ASU moving up in the standings next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2022 at 8:51 AM, juniorvarsity said:

Is Ohio State going to be better in 2023 than in 2024? A lot of young prospects and Heinselman, Smith, and Romero will be gone. Rocky Jordan will replace Romero and he was a blood round guy last year, but Tom Ryan does say he puts his best team on the mat every year. That mindset might need to change when they are not a top 3 team at the moment.

Rocky is in the transfer pool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2022 at 9:47 AM, juniorvarsity said:

Is this speculation?

In 2024:

125 - Gonzales

133 - Bouzakis

141 - Mendez

149 - Sasso

157 - Gallagher

165 - Kharchla

174 - Geog, Rocco Welsh

184 - Rocky, Rocco Welsh

197 - Hoffman, Shumate

285 - Feldman

Pretty much except I'd have 125- Kilkeary.

2024 for Ohio State is shaping up better than 2023 considering PSU will lose RBY, Dean and possibly even Kerkvliet. Plus I'm not convinced Beard sticks around for 2024 unless the RTC is paying him truckloads of $$$ to sit on the bench 2 years in a row. PSU will still have 2 absolute hammers in Brooks and Starocci though and I think Levi is going to be a NCAA champion. There's also a chance 1 or more of them take an Olympic RS, especially Brooks. PSU still would be the favorite in 2024 but not as much so as 2023.

Edited by DocBZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2022 at 9:07 PM, Hufarted said:

I think Cael Valencia will perform more like Zahid and less like Anthony in FS wrestling. I see ASU moving up in the standings next year. 

I hope you didn't base that off his redshirt results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rocky has been up and down, I’ve always been critical of him when he’s on bottom. 
 

but he’s solid in neutral and when he’s on top he’s very capable of turning people, handled Poznanski from Rutgers pretty well this year in a dual.

would not be suprised to see him be a R12 guy next year at Chattanooga 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2022 at 9:26 PM, BLT said:

I hope you didn't base that off his redshirt results.

Naw, I saw him in some HS showcase match a year or two ago. Who's Number 1,  I think. Drake Ayala was wrestling at the same match (and he impressed the hell out of me).  Plus, I just looked up hValencia's RS record: 12-4, with 2 wins over national qualifiers (one of which finished R12). No offense, but that sounds like a solid, if not worldbeating redshirt season. 

Speaking of redshirts, the guy I'm most stoked over is Victor Voinovich. I saw that kid wrestle a couple high level HS matches and he's tough as a nickel steak. I won't be surprised if he benches Kaden Gfeller next year (and I like Kaden). 

Edited by Hufarted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2022 at 12:25 AM, RED said:

One word.....Cornell.  They had several this year on the cusp of getting on the podium that fell just so slightly short.  Next year will be very interesting.

I'm glad the Big Red are back. Cornell is super tough. Their best wrestlers aren't going anywhere next year, and the younger guys will improve. Cornell didn't seem soft, despite losing Koll. I'm hoping Yianni decides to destroy everybody he wrestles next year so he can get the Hodge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Hufarted said:

I'm glad the Big Red are back. Cornell is super tough. Their best wrestlers aren't going anywhere next year, and the younger guys will improve. Cornell didn't seem soft, despite losing Koll. I'm hoping Yianni decides to destroy everybody he wrestles next year so he can get the Hodge. 

I like how you think!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...