Fletcher

Which NCAA champ could beat the NCAA champ a weight up?

That would be much more interesting to watch than the NCAA finals. FWIW, I think Deakin's the best bet. Maybe Brooks.

Brooks would beat Dean, I think Yianni would give Deakin a heck of a match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Deakin beats O'toole. I think Yianni is the best pure wrestler in the country and can absolutely beat Deakin - it's just hard to picture it looking at them side by side!

Deakin obviously very solid and would already have the size, but I think you might not be giving enough credit to O’Toole

35 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Not even close.

It would be a boring match. Very likely a 1 takedown match or going to ride outs. Suriano won 133 a couple years back when it was more loaded and had RBY in the bracket. RBY has obviously improved since then, but not so much that it would be “not even close.” 

It would be a boring match. Very likely a 1 takedown match or going to ride outs. Suriano won 133 a couple years back when it was more loaded and had RBY in the bracket. RBY has obviously improved since then, but not so much that it would be “not even close.” 

And I’m talking about the Nick Suriano that just won 125.

That Nick Suriano gets murdered by RBY.

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight said:

Suriano

Eh...not sure I buy this one. Suriano's an exceptional Wrestler...don't see him beating RBY at this point.

Lee did beat Yianni, but don't think he could do it in Folkstyle(Though Lee may always be a little underappreciated as he's just so exceptionally sound everywhere and not flashy or particularly good in any one area..just great in all of them).

I think Yianni beats Deakin

Brooks beats Dean. Starocci might beat Dean as well. Not a slight to Dean either. Those two are just exceptional and potentially 4 and 5 time National Champs.

I'd say Deakin, but I think Keegan would get that cradle on him.

25 minutes ago, Le duke said:

And I’m talking about the Nick Suriano that just won 125.

That Nick Suriano gets murdered by RBY.

Ok...but by "murdered," you mean what? A 4-2 match? I don't think it's gonna be a barn-burner. I've got RBY also, but I agree with the "likely a 1 TD match," take.

RBY would likely ride him and get the riding point. I don't see Suriano taking RBY down but I can definitely see it the other way.

23 minutes ago, Scourge197 said:

Ok...but by "murdered," you mean what? A 4-2 match? I don't think it's gonna be a barn-burner. I've got RBY also, but I agree with the "likely a 1 TD match," take.

RBY would likely ride him and get the riding point. I don't see Suriano taking RBY down but I can definitely see it the other way.

Lol RBY wouldn’t get riding time on Suriano.  Might be able to take him down though.

As others have pointed out, Lee has beaten Yianni is freestyle at least once.  

Suriano has won 133 with RBY and Fix in the division, granted it was two years ago.  

The rest is speculation, but I agree that Brooks looks like he gets the better of Max.  I don't think Deakin could beat O'Toole at 165.  Yianni and Deakin at 157 would be a close match.

2 hours ago, buckshot1969 said:

I feel like Brooks would handle Dean for sure and Yianni could beat Deakin.

This match happened in freestyle albiet a few years ago (maybe at junior trials?) and Deakin won.  Not saying it would go that way again, but it could be closer than many would project. 

8 minutes ago, Fishbane said:

This match happened in freestyle albiet a few years ago (maybe at junior trials?) and Deakin won.  Not saying it would go that way again, but it could be closer than many would project. 

At 66kg, no less.  At 157 in folkstyle?  Deakin wins.

Just now, Idaho said:

Deakin weighing 157 or last day tourney 170 Deakin? 

Suriano isn’t beating RBY. The contenders keep getting in line but nobody can knock him off 

Thought Deakin said himself somewhere when the rumors of him to 165 floated around earlier this year that he weighs less than that on an everyday basis?