15 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Ok, but everyone survived, he said he's fine, and it seems like he isn't even in any trouble with OSU or the police. The joke was really funny, so let's just all lighten up and enjoy it.  

Also, Hastings isn't wrong. Dude should have his license taken away.

14 minutes ago, Sstern said:

Freshman Kyle Snyder, J’Den, Gasden, Moore…

The actual GOAT is Cael and he did wrestle 197 was all I meant.  I believe he beats Gadson rather easily and Moore is a good match.

The actual GOAT is Cael and he did wrestle 197 was all I meant.  I believe he beats Gadson rather easily and Moore is a good match.

Think about Bo, who was small at 189/86kg, handling Moore with ease at 197. Then think about Cael, still rumored to be the best guy in a room with four Olympic gold medalists, and what he’d do to Moore. And Ferrari.

I don’t see a scenario where bonus doesn’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Le duke said:

Then think about Cael, still rumored to be the best guy in a room with four Olympic gold medalists, and what he’d do to Moore. 

I would certainly hope Cael can beat Maroulis considering he has at least 80 pounds on her

I love how hard many of you try to come up with someone to beat Ferrari.  Whether it's bumping him to Gable or some other heavy, bringing Cael out of retirement, or proclaiming Braxton Amos the next big thing.  You guys are so eager to make him lose that you will go anywhere but his current weight class to find the guy to beat him.  

I love how hard many of you try to come up with someone to beat Ferrari.  Whether it's bumping him to Gable or some other heavy, bringing Cael out of retirement, or proclaiming Braxton Amos the next big thing.  You guys are so eager to make him lose that you will go anywhere but his current weight class to find the guy to beat him.  

He’s the one who said he’s the best 197 of ALL TIME, not us.

2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

I would certainly hope Cael can beat Maroulis considering he has at least 80 pounds on her

Bwahahaha...I think he meant the four Olympic gold medalists as Cael, Jake Varner, Kyle Snyder, and David Taylor.  Helen left NLWC to train with Kayla Miracle's team, right?

On a side note, that room also has Gilman, Espinal, and Bekzod who are all Olympic medalists.  So stacked.

3 minutes ago, matts1w said:

Gonna make a prediction and I have ZERO inside information...just want it down somewhere.  AJ Ferrari will be in the transfer portal sooner rather than later and we will not see him in an OSU singlet again.

This will happen. Transfers gonna transfer.

4 minutes ago, matts1w said:

Gonna make a prediction and I have ZERO inside information...just want it down somewhere.  AJ Ferrari will be in the transfer portal sooner rather than later and we will not see him in an OSU singlet again.

If this happens, Cinnybuns will start a thread rumoring him to PSU.

It sounds like the DQ (Drama Queen) AJ will be back next year.   Most of us were enjoying the relative silence this year.  

Now we can hear his squealing wheels in the closing distance and smell his noxious smoke on the horizon.   

Hopefully, a 97 pounder will crank DQ's headlights to the ceiling next year before an official slaps the mat for a much delicious pin.

3 hours ago, Le duke said:

He’s the one who said he’s the best 197 of ALL TIME, not us.

Not quite accurate... he said he was the slickest, quickest, most flexible, strongest, most technical, best looking, tallest, best hair, best eyes, most likely to succeed, prom king and best of ALL-TIME.  Just wanted to clarify. 

4 hours ago, boconnell said:

Nobody needs to make him lose. What I’d like is to see him stay out of trouble and compete. 

On 3/24/2022 at 2:44 PM, jackwebster said:

He hates his team. 

He should. They certainly hate him, judging by the way Oklahoma State fell apart this year. Some teams would see the loss of their big point scorer as a challenge, OSU just chose to fall apart. I think Smith lost the team when he went with Joe over Chandler Rogers a few years ago, that was definitely NOT cool. 

4 minutes ago, Hufarted said:

He should. They certainly hate him, judging by the way Oklahoma State fell apart this year. Some teams would see the loss of their big point scorer as a challenge, OSU just chose to fall apart. I think Smith lost the team when he went with Joe over Chandler Rogers a few years ago, that was definitely NOT cool. 

Why would you lose the team for starting the guy who beat the other guy two straight in a best of 3?  And if he lost them there why would they have performed fine in the years since?  This year they had Ferrari and Wittlake (ACL) go down for the year.  The rest of the team wasn't great before or after Ferrari got hurt.  Mastro, Fix, Young, Sheets, Geer, and Surber all wrestled about like expected.  Gfellar and Plott wrestled better than expected.  Nobody quit on Smith.  The team just isn't that good, certainly not good enough to overcome losing their best and third best guys.  On a good year they get 3rd.  On a bad year they have two AAs.  That's what they are for better or worse, and it has nothing to do with guys quitting.    

35 minutes ago, boconnell said:

Why would you lose the team for starting the guy who beat the other guy two straight in a best of 3?  And if he lost them there why would they have performed fine in the years since?  This year they had Ferrari and Wittlake (ACL) go down for the year.  The rest of the team wasn't great before or after Ferrari got hurt.  Mastro, Fix, Young, Sheets, Geer, and Surber all wrestled about like expected.  Gfellar and Plott wrestled better than expected.  Nobody quit on Smith.  The team just isn't that good, certainly not good enough to overcome losing their best and third best guys.  On a good year they get 3rd.  On a bad year they have two AAs.  That's what they are for better or worse, and it has nothing to do with guys quitting.    

I think Smith screwed up when he started fat Joe, who didn't have the discipline to control his eating, over Rogers (who'd already proven his stuff at the weight with 2 AA finishes). What do you think the chances would've been if it had been somebody other than Joe, do you think they'd have even gotten a ranking match so late in the season, especially since Rogers was a lock for a top 10 seed at NCAAs?  So Joe won the ranking match, a match he shouldn't have been given in my opinion so late in the season. Even if he won Big 12s he'd have a rotten seeding at NCAAs due to the lack of matches at his "new weight", and Joe finished well below winning the Big 12. People notice that sort of thing. If I was a Cowboy wrestler I know my opinion of John would've dropped dramatically, and it certainly did as a wrestling fan. Frankly, I think John should've been replaced after the Joe Smith/Chandler Rogers debacle. 

Edited by Hufarted

5 hours ago, boconnell said:

Weird post unless you are a friend or family of AJ which I respect that sort of thing 

13 minutes ago, Hufarted said:

I think Smith screwed up when he started fat Joe, who didn't have the discipline to control his eating, over Rogers (who'd already proven his stuff at the weight with 2 AA finishes). What do you think the chances would've been if it had been somebody other than Joe, do you think they'd have even gotten a ranking match so late in the season, especially since Rogers was a lock for a top 10 seed at NCAAs?  So Joe won the ranking match, a match he shouldn't have been given in my opinion so late in the season. Even if he won Big 12s he'd have a rotten seeding at NCAAs due to the lack of matches at his "new weight", and Joe finished well below winning the Big 12. People notice that sort of thing. If I was a Cowboy wrestler I know my opinion of John would've dropped dramatically, and it certainly did as a wrestling fan. Frankly, I think John should've been replaced after the Joe Smith/Chandler Rogers debacle. 

Joe Smith, Jacobe Smith, and Dakota Geer all wrestled up when Weigel went down for the season.  Weigel unexpectedly made it back, which pushed Geer out.  Rogers himself was out until February and missed almost all of their duals.  At that point Smith could have taken a spot from one of Rogers, Smith, Smith, or Geer.  All had wrestled a lot that year (Rogers 19 total matches, Joe Smith 29, Jacobe Smith 33, Geer 37).  I'm not sure why you think forcing a guy to sit would have been more fair than a wrestle-off.  Maybe it would have been better to give the spot to the guy with better seeding criteria, but I have no idea what that has to do with fairness.  I also don't get how forcing Joe Smith to wrestle off at 174 instead is fair to Jacobe Smith who had gone up for half a season to help the team.  

Ultimately you say if you were a Cowboy wrestler you would notice.  I guess it's good you're not a cowboy wrestler.