Swiderski said in the interview after the Rudis match that he plans on going 141 right away.  Iowa State also has Zach Redding at 141, but both have a redshirt available.

Could RBY be a candidate to go up to 141?  He has hinted he'll be back; he is a pretty good sized 133 right now compared to when he started; Lee is graduating above him; if he has any interest in international wrestling 65 is probably his weight; and he's already proven himself at 133 and against Fix and it might be attactive to him to wrestle a last year at an easy weight to make.  

34 minutes ago, drag it said:

Could RBY be a candidate to go up to 141?  He has hinted he'll be back; he is a pretty good sized 133 right now compared to when he started; Lee is graduating above him; if he has any interest in international wrestling 65 is probably his weight; and he's already proven himself at 133 and against Fix and it might be attactive to him to wrestle a last year at an easy weight to make.  

I think the plan is for Bartlett to drop to 141.

Bartlett walks around at 149-150 on full feed.

RBY said he weighed 145 before his semi-final against Desanto.

I think it’s done deal that it’s RBY, Bartlett and SVN at 133, 141 and 149, but I wonder if Bartlett could go 133. That would be crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mineo is dropping hints that Real Woods is on the move to State College. Personally I feel like Bartlett could be special at 141 but I"m also sure Woods can jump a level training in the PSU room. Maybe they know RBY is moving on and want Bartlett to drop to 133? They say he walks around at 145...

Edited by buckshot1969

9 minutes ago, buckshot1969 said:

Mineo is dropping hints that Real Woods is on the move to State College. Personally I feel like Bartlett could be special at 141 but I"m also sure Woods can jump a level training in the PSU room. Maybe they know RBY is moving on and want Bartlett to drop to 133? They say he walks around at 145...

Maybe Beau redhsirts this year and takes 133 next year when RBY is gone. Woods if he goes to PSU has two years left 

10 minutes ago, buckshot1969 said:

He legit weighed in at 149 all season.

Not saying he cannot make 133.  I am saying that on many of his weigh-ins his weight was known.  That weight was 4lbs over 145.

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He legit weighed in at 149 all season.

Not saying he cannot make 133.  I am saying that on many of his weigh-ins his weight was known.  That weight was 4lbs over 145.

Don't you think he tried to keep his weight up to be able to compete with bigger guys?

Just now, VakAttack said:

Are we doing the thing where we just pretend Mineo's infallible?  He's wrong as often as he's right.

Minnow bless!

Also, you give him a LOT of credit.  It isn't even a calculable number, but I can confidently say that Mr. Deletes-a-lot is batting well under 0.500.

Just now, VakAttack said:

Are we doing the thing where we just pretend Mineo's infallible?  He's wrong as often as he's right.

Seems like an odd prediction to make unless he has a decent idea. I'm also pretty sure that if he talked about transferring Cenzo would have talked up PSU. I obviously don't think Cenzo tried to talk him into leaving but if he's going to go he might as well get some advice from the coaches.

1 minute ago, buckshot1969 said:

I'm just saying I've heard that's his natural weight. If he wasn't cutting at all even 149 to 133 is doable. 

It does seem silly to me, however no dog in that race.  I am also of the mind that he has the frame of a 133lber.  Same as Saunders for Cornell.

If he can redshirt and come back the following season at 133 (or a better 141) then the team is better with Woods at 141 next season anyways.

On 3/27/2022 at 12:00 PM, Le duke said:

I think it’s done deal that it’s RBY, Bartlett and SVN at 133, 141 and 149, but I wonder if Bartlett could go 133. That would be crazy.

The difference between RBY and Bartlett is substantial. Bartlett at 150 is while eating. RBY at 145 was water weight. This is why RBY can go from 145 to 133 overnight while Bartlett almost certainly can't make 133 overnight. 

On 3/22/2022 at 1:40 PM, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Swiderski looks ready to compete right away.  Really impressed with that kid. 

Mendez looks like he could use a year, but what do I know.  

Agreed on Mendez.  He could use a year to fill out into the weight.  His most recent match with Swiderski should be evidence that he's not quite big enough to make a serious run at 141 yet.

11 hours ago, buckshot1969 said:

I'm just saying I've heard that's his natural weight. If he wasn't cutting at all even 149 to 133 is doable. 

True, as mentioned sounds like that's probably about what RBY weighs...

Brooks also said on Baschamania podcast he got up to 200 in season.   And they say PSU guys don't cut weight...

On 3/27/2022 at 11:00 AM, Le duke said:

Not sure how much I believe that.  Didn't he have to weigh in Saturday morning as well?  He cut 12 lbs between his semi on Friday night and weighing in on Saturday morning?  Guess it is possible, and he could have rehydrated all day saturday, but I don't think that would be the best course of action.

1 hour ago, Bozak2018 said:

Not sure how much I believe that.  Didn't he have to weigh in Saturday morning as well?  He cut 12 lbs between his semi on Friday night and weighing in on Saturday morning?  Guess it is possible, and he could have rehydrated all day saturday, but I don't think that would be the best course of action.

Do they still get weight allowances for consecutive days?

7 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Do they still get weight allowances for consecutive days?

I believe they only get the one pound on day 2 and the same one pound on day 3...so 133 - 134 - 134. 

7 hours ago, Bozak2018 said:

I agree... 11 pounds from semis to the next morning seems a bit exaggerated for a lightweight wrestler. 

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

I believe they only get the one pound on day 2 and the same one pound on day 3...so 133 - 134 - 134. 

That's for consecutive events on back-to-back days.

Art. 5. 1-Pound Weight Allowance for Multi-Day Tournaments. In tournaments, including team-advancement tournaments requiring multiple-day weigh-ins, a 1-pound weight allowance for each consecutive day of competition shall be granted.