157: Determined from wrestle-offs - maybe Siebriecht or Robles

165: Patrick Kennedy

174: Nelson Brands

184: Abe Assad

197: Jacob Warner

285: Tony Cassioppi

Edited by flyingcement

2 minutes ago, dman115 said:

How long has Patrick Kennedy been there so far??  I'll look it up but it feels like he has been there a few years already.  Think he is a good talent!

He had true frosh eligibility this season.  He will start for four years for them.

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

He had true frosh eligibility this season.  He will start for four years for them.

Yeah...I looked it up...he will be 21 in May...great talent...hope it translates into college success...although a 7-4 loss to Labs isn't so bad as a redshirt.

47 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

If Spencer is back to 100% this team will contend for NCAAs

Would you knock it off with that crap?!?  For the love of Pete.  I know you only say stuff to get reactions like this but it gets GD old to watch you type crap like this.  No one, and mark my words, no one is competing next year with PSU, they will run away from everyone next year.  All last weekend, oh, Iowa is going to win, Oh, Michigan will have this wrapped up before Saturday night, dude, shut up!!  PSU is and will be the favorite next year and a big favorite at that.  Iowa is competing with no one next year for a team title.

47 minutes ago, Twooooo said:

Would you knock it off with that crap?!?  For the love of Pete.  I know you only say stuff to get reactions like this but it gets GD old to watch you type crap like this.  No one, and mark my words, no one is competing next year with PSU, they will run away from everyone next year.  All last weekend, oh, Iowa is going to win, Oh, Michigan will have this wrapped up before Saturday night, dude, shut up!!  PSU is and will be the favorite next year and a big favorite at that.  Iowa is competing with no one next year for a team title.

How would it feel if someone responded to this post of yours by claiming that you are just saying that so that when Iowa gets close you can crow about it to diminish Penn State's accomplishment next year? 

Sound familiar by any chance? 

13 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

How would it feel if someone responded to this post of yours by claiming that you are just saying that so that when Iowa gets close you can crow about it to diminish Penn State's accomplishment next year? 

Sound familiar by any chance? 

Familiar by whom?  Not me, I never thought Iowa was going to win this year or even come close.  And you are really siding with Jimmy on this?  You don't think that PSU is the absolute favorite, by a lot of points?

Patrick Kennedy is going to be very good but Iowa fans overrate him a bit IMO. They basically think he's on the same level as Marinelli because he wrestled him close at Luther. He's an AA level guy but they think he should be in the same conversation as Hamiti, O'Toole, Amine, Kharchla already. I'd put him at at 6-8 AA to start. He lost to Peyton Hall and Will Formato at Southern Scuffle. Hall was an 8th place finisher so like I said, I think he's AA level for sure. 

27 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Not a podium team.  What does the waiver wire look like?

Disagree.  They should get about 25 points from Spencer alone.  If Cassioppi and Warner are healthy, that's 30 more points.  They will get 10-15 more points from the other 7 guys, which includes Henson, Murin, Kennedy, etc.  Fourth place at this year's tournament, which is a podium team, scored 66.5 points. 

13 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Disagree.  They should get about 25 points from Spencer alone.  If Cassioppi and Warner are healthy, that's 30 more points.  They will get 10-15 more points from the other 7 guys, which includes Henson, Murin, Kennedy, etc.  Fourth place at this year's tournament, which is a podium team, scored 66.5 points. 

You disagree, but not but not strongly :). I have OSU scoring 67.

2 hours ago, Twooooo said:

Ummm Ohio State is actually going to be pretty stout next year. Not saying they are going to knock off the PSU dynasty, but they could put up a good fight. Two potential champs in Sasso & Kharchla; Romero, Smith, and Hoffman also returning AAs and keen to see what Hoffman does now that he finally broke through; Gallacher has a punchers' chance at R12/low AA as a frosh if the hype is to be believed. Throw in the occasional tOSU overperformance and you're looking at a possible finish where PSU doesn't lock up the team race until Saturday night. Not likely, but if the stars align...

31 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Ummm Ohio State is actually going to be pretty stout next year. Not saying they are going to knock off the PSU dynasty, but they could put up a good fight. Two potential champs in Sasso & Kharchla; Romero, Smith, and Hoffman also returning AAs and keen to see what Hoffman does now that he finally broke through; Gallacher has a punchers' chance at R12/low AA as a frosh if the hype is to be believed. Throw in the occasional tOSU overperformance and you're looking at a possible finish where PSU doesn't lock up the team race until Saturday night. Not likely, but if the stars align...

That is completely fair but this is the best case for OSU next year.  Not saying it can't happen but if anyone of these things does not happen, PSU is walking away with the title.  But I can see some of this happening for sure for OSU.

Out of the Ohio State returners, Dylan D is the one to watch out for as far as new AA. He is the one I can tell is directly benefitting from having Logan Steiber around.  

Would love for it to be Paddy Gallagher but that’s a lot to ask out of a RS Fr. However I wouldn’t put it past him. 

Just now, ScarletKnight said:

Does Ayala get a red shirt year or does he lose that by using it for part of a year?  

or can he just walk away from school to train at a RTC?

He can redshirt next year. Just sucks since he wasted this year to go 1-2 at Nationals when he needed the redshirt and then he had a torn labrum. Won't be a 4x AA as a result. 

5 hours ago, dman115 said:

Yeah...I looked it up...he will be 21 in May...great talent...hope it translates into college success...although a 7-4 loss to Labs isn't so bad as a redshirt.

A 7-4 loss to Labs at 174lbs after weighing in at 165lbs.

Also every Covid + Redshirt Frosh will be 21 before their next season.  Nothing new there...

Edited by nhs67

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight said:

Does Ayala get a red shirt year or does he lose that by using it for part of a year?  

or can he just walk away from school to train at a RTC?

He can take a RS.  He has 3 post seasons left.  He will burn eligibility whether he is in school or not.   An exception:  he could feign injury, stop working out with the team, work out with the HWC, travel around the world wrestling and get a medical hardship to extend the time one more year.

2 hours ago, Twooooo said:

That is completely fair but this is the best case for OSU next year.  Not saying it can't happen but if anyone of these things does not happen, PSU is walking away with the title.  But I can see some of this happening for sure for OSU.

You're correct that PSU is the favorite by a mile and that James is just talking nonsense. If OSU is close to any trophy, Tom Ryan gets Coach of the Year.  GO BUCKEYES!