Wrestleknownothing

Top individual scorers (2009 - 2022)

6 minutes ago, ChicagoHawk said:

I’ve always wanted to load every bracket from ncaa(s) into a database and make it Queryable.   I’ll admit I have not looked all that much but is there somewhere I could get bout , round, date and details for matches?   

I work for a an software vendor that specializes in analytics and would put some work into this.   

I'm not 100% sure, but something tells me Trackwrestling may be the best source for that info.  That would be pretty cool to have those be searchable and queryable like you say.  

5 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I'm not 100% sure, but something tells me Trackwrestling may be the best source for that info.  That would be pretty cool to have those be searchable and queryable like you say.  

I don’t doubt that.  Those little bout cards from track are ideal.  At ~660ish bouts per the current tourney times 10-20 years (old brackets have less) it’s the scale that I’m worried about. That’s likely more than 10000 bouts over time.  

11 minutes ago, ChicagoHawk said:

I don’t doubt that.  Those little bout cards from track are ideal.  At ~660ish bouts per the current tourney times 10-20 years (old brackets have less) it’s the scale that I’m worried about. That’s likely more than 10000 bouts over time.  

There is also the issue of data joins. The older brackets I found do not persist data throughout the brackets. And what data is available changes over time. And when I looked at downloading the Track results data, it did not have seeds. I have resorted to typing data into a database. But this is a huge task so I have made compromises. For example, I have seed and finish, but I do not have their path or names. Even without that it is about 2 hrs+ to type it all in.

13 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

I believe the main scoring rule change in the past ten years was to eliminate bye points in the round of 64. Now the pigtail winner gets advancement and bonus. Nobody gets bye points. I haven't checked to see if they did the same in the cons pigtail round but I think they did- at least it would be consistent to have done so.

There was also a period from the mid-90s on that to get the full 1.5 for a tech you had to get a near fall. The reversion to scoring all techs as 1.5 must have occurred somewhere between 2013 and 2015.

1995 and 1996: it was "match terminations", which were only 1 point.

1997: the 1.5 tech fall came back, but they still had the 1 point (non-NF) version.

2001: placement scores went from 16-12-9-7-5-3-2-1 to 16-12-10-9-7-6-4-3

2016: 1 point tech fall eliminated

I think the bye point elimination for R64 happened in 2013, because I was in Des Moines for that one and couldn't figure out why my totals weren't matching until someone said they were treating it as a 32+1 bracket instead of a 64.

Edited by ISUChip

43 minutes ago, ISUChip said:

1995 and 1996: it was "match terminations", which were only 1 point.

1997: the 1.5 tech fall came back, but they still had the 1 point (non-NF) version.

2001: placement scores went from 16-12-9-7-5-3-2-1 to 16-12-10-9-7-6-4-3

2016: 1 point tech fall eliminated

I think the bye point elimination for R64 happened in 2013, because I was in Des Moines for that one and couldn't figure out why my totals weren't matching until someone said they were treating it as a 32+1 bracket instead of a 64.

The history of scoring changes at NCAAs through 2004 can be found here (pp 3-4)  - http://www.wrestlingstats.com/ncaa/pdf/NCAA Bout Scoring.pdf

Subsuquent changes have been the elimination of the advancement point for those without pigtails and the elimination of the 1 point tech fall.  You are correct that first round advancement point happened in 2013.  I can't confirm the year the tech fall change happened.  It was more of an overall change than NCAA tournament specific.  It would also be harder to adjust individual scoring for that one as you typically can't tell the difference between a 1 point TF and a 1.5 point TF based on the bracket.  Might be able to deduce it from the team total, but you really need the individual bout scoring.

Edited by Fishbane

53 minutes ago, ISUChip said:

The 11-12-13 book didn't have it. The 15-16-17 book did. I don't think it showed as highlighted so it probably happened in the 13-14-15 book which I don't have.

16 hours ago, goStanford18 said:

Comparing the 4x Champs' scoring output: 

1. Cael Sanderson: 106.5

2. Logan Steiber: 104.5

3. Kyle Dake: 96

4. Pat Smith: 95.5

You totaled Sanderson by the modern post 2013 scoring.  He probably scored more points for his team and received an advnacement point for 1st round byes.  In 2000 and 2001 there were no pigtails at his weight, so I am not sure if he would have received the advancement points there.  Also I am not sure if any of his TFs were 1 pointers.  They were probably 1.5 TFs.  Assuming they were then he either scored 108.5 or 110.5 points depending on whether no pig tails is treated as 0 byes or 32 byes. Rescoring under the current rules it would be 106.5.

Logain Stieber wrestled at NCAAs 2012-2015.  So his first year he would have recevied an advancement point for a first round bye.  To get him on the current scoring system you need to subract a point for that year so 103.5.  He had 5 TF which appears to be all of the 1.5 point variety. So no TF adjustment is necessary.

Dake wrestled at NCAAs from 2010-2013.  His first three years he received an advacement point in the first round for a bye.  There is no ambiguity on TF scoring with Dake because he never had a TF at NCAAs.  His total on the modern system would be 93.

Pat Smith wrestled at NCAAs 1990-1992 and 1994.  Many things have changed with regards to scoring.  I beleive scoring would have been 1 point for a fall, 3/4 for a tech, and 0.5 for a major with no difference between TF with and w/o NF points.  1 round byes receive an advancement point.  In calculating the actual ponts he scored at NCAAs I get 91.75 or 92.75.  I'm not sure which.  There was one year where there were no pigtails so this is the same situation I dicussed with Sanderson.  Under the current rules  I have him at 98.5.  I assume you used the current scoring system to tally his score and we are off by 3 points.  I'm not sure why.  I assume you missed his pig tail bout in 1992.  Back then pigtails were randomly distributed so a top seed could get one.  He won it by TF which gives him 1 advancement and 1.5 bonus points under the current system.  If you omitted that we are still off by 0.5 team points.  Maybe one of use confused a major with a tech or something?

On the current scoring system it would be

1. Sanderson 106.5

2. Stieber 103.5

3. Smith 98.5*

4. Dake 93

*Had a pigtail bout in 1992 which he won by tech fall earning 2.5 points for OSU.  This is included in his total.  He is the only one of the 4 to have a pig tail bout so perhaps it helps him relative to the others.  Without this bout he would have 96 team points.

49 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

The 11-12-13 book didn't have it. The 15-16-17 book did. I don't think it showed as highlighted so it probably happened in the 13-14-15 book which I don't have.

The Penn State wrestling club website has a note on their team scoring pages for NCAAs starting in 2013 "NOTE: Team Scoring changed in 2013. The tournament is now scored as a 32-wrestler bracket with pigtails, not as a 64-wrestler bracket. These scores reflect that change."

2012 https://www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org/content/tournament_team_score.php?id=7&type=team

2013 https://www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org/content/tournament_team_score.php?id=9&type=team

32 minutes ago, Fishbane said:

The Penn State wrestling club website has a note on their team scoring pages for NCAAs starting in 2013 "NOTE: Team Scoring changed in 2013. The tournament is now scored as a 32-wrestler bracket with pigtails, not as a 64-wrestler bracket. These scores reflect that change."

2012 https://www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org/content/tournament_team_score.php?id=7&type=team

2013 https://www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org/content/tournament_team_score.php?id=9&type=team

They probably made a decision just for the tournament and then put it in the book later

4 hours ago, ChicagoHawk said:

I’ve always wanted to load every bracket from ncaa(s) into a database and make it Queryable.   I’ll admit I have not looked all that much but is there somewhere I could get bout , round, date and details for matches?   

I work for a an software vendor that specializes in analytics and would put some work into this.   

This is something I am planning on doing at some point. I am working on a website right now to host all the information I have and eventually pretty much what everyone is kind of asking for. It's going to be as complete of a history of wrestling in the US as I can get it.

I'll throw this out there again for people that are doing this kind of stuff, I've already got a lot of the data you are looking for and gathering yourself. If you want to use some of it let me know. We can work something out. But here is what I have so far and am updating everyday. I haven't added 2022 in yet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gFZ8LEy88cdE5hSJdxZrfRfLQlIbjXFCyVOBtrzYZfI/edit#gid=976532375

I've got this same info minus extra stuff like hometown, HS, etc. for all the divisions and women as well.

*Note - You won't be able to download or copy or any of that kind of stuff. Just wanted to show you it's out there.*

4 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

There is also the issue of data joins. The older brackets I found do not persist data throughout the brackets. And what data is available changes over time. And when I looked at downloading the Track results data, it did not have seeds. I have resorted to typing data into a database. But this is a huge task so I have made compromises. For example, I have seed and finish, but I do not have their path or names. Even without that it is about 2 hrs+ to type it all in.

I’m with ya.   The names get abbreviated.  Remove first name.    School.  Etc.   lots of data engineering I suspect.   They remove the team.   The brackets historically are a mess and I suspect someone somewhere would have to type it up from scratch and data entry always is clean right ?     Ha.    If I could get it done… I would consider hosting the cloud db for free….   Provide clean raw data extracts and what not.    I don’t know if I would be interested in creating bi reports or not (not what I do)…. 

21 hours ago, DocBZ said:

Surprised to see NaTo that high considering he only won it once. Also Bo Jordan who never won it.

I mean 1-3-3-3 is a pretty good finish.  Not many guys have 10 total points or less if adding their finishes together.  

Someone want to put that list together?

This is great.  The top of that list is also a whos who on the international freestyle scene.  First question to self was when will Nolf break through.  Second question to self is how many points JB and T. Gillman had at the NCAAs. 

Queries for you

• Given a list of year-2010+ Olympic and World medalists, how many NCAA tourney points did each have in college?
  • Given a list of year-2010+ Olympic and World medalists, add new wrestler to the top 30 scorers list, and newly indicate World and Olympic medals (with year earned).  Hypothetically, the new expanded list might resemble:
    • #1 (rank) | Logan Stieber (wrestler) | 104.5 (NCAA pts) | 4 (years) | 2016 World Champion
    • #31 - #42 omitted if no world/olympic results
    • #43 | Thomas Gilman | 67 | 4 | 2017 World Silver, 2020 Olympic Bronze, 2021 World Champion   
      • where TG rank of #43 and 67 pts is made up given I have no idea how many points he had at NCAAs
  • For that second request, it would also be interesting to expand to World team members as that itself is a remarkable accomplishment.

13 minutes ago, jross said:

This is great.  The top of that list is also a whos who on the international freestyle scene.  First question to self was when will Nolf break through.  Second question to self is how many points JB and T. Gillman had at the NCAAs. 

Queries for you

• Given a list of year-2010+ Olympic and World medalists, how many NCAA tourney points did each have in college?
  • Given a list of year-2010+ Olympic and World medalists, add new wrestler to the top 30 scorers list, and newly indicate World and Olympic medals (with year earned).  Hypothetically, the new expanded list might resemble:
    • #1 (rank) | Logan Stieber (wrestler) | 104.5 (NCAA pts) | 4 (years) | 2016 World Champion
    • #31 - #42 omitted if no world/olympic results
    • #43 | Thomas Gilman | 67 | 4 | 2017 World Silver, 2020 Olympic Bronze, 2021 World Champion   
      • where TG rank of #43 and 67 pts is made up given I have no idea how many points he had at NCAAs
  • For that second request, it would also be interesting to expand to World team members as that itself is a remarkable accomplishment.

Do you have lists of Oly and World medalists you want compared? If so, it is an easy task.

As for Gilman, he is 61st with 54.5 points, having made only three tourneys.

On 3/22/2022 at 4:26 PM, ChicagoHawk said:

Yes there is at http://www.wrestlingstats.com/ncaa/pdf/brackets/.  I have some perl scripts that download the brackets, convert the PDFs to text, parse details (Year, Weight, Place, Name, College) and store in a csv file.  This helped to answer questions like

• Who are the NJCAA champions, between 2001 and 2019, that were champions in other divisions? (link)
  • How many NCAA titles at Olympic Team Trials? (link)
  • How many 1-time NCAA champs were Freshmen or RS Fr? (link)
  • How many multiple time NCAA AAs were never champ? (link)

Given the lack of access to wrestling data sources, that was one approach.  Happy to share the one-off scripting.

20 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Do you have lists of Oly and World medalists you want compared? If so, it is an easy task.

As for Gilman, he is 61st with 54.5 points, having made only three tourneys.

I'll look into the senior-level list.  Where does JB fall on the NCAA scoring rank and points?

3 minutes ago, jross said:

Yes there is at http://www.wrestlingstats.com/ncaa/pdf/brackets/.  I have some perl scripts that download the brackets, convert the PDFs to text, parse details (Year, Weight, Place, Name, College) and store in a csv file.  This helped to answer questions like

• Who are the NJCAA champions, between 2001 and 2019, that were champions in other divisions? (link)

Given the lack of access to wrestling data sources, that was one approach.  Happy to share the one-off scripting.

Excellent. Nwhof has brackets going back to Antiquity.  I'd be interested in the scripts.  https://nwhof.org/national-wrestling-hall-of-fame/brackets

25 minutes ago, jross said:

I'll look into the senior-level list.  Where does JB fall on the NCAA scoring rank and points?

Unfortunately, 2 of JB's years are prior to my list. I haven't gone back past 2009 yet. But those two years were enough for 54 points and 63rd. Another thing I haven't done yet, but hope to is normalize all of the old totals to the current scoring rules. Between what others have posted earlier in the thread and a little research, I think I can get that done eventually. But hitting the road in the morning, so no time soon.

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Here it is

Name Games Year Location Style Weight Place
Max Nowry World 2021 Oslo, Norway GR 121 lbs. 9th
Dalton Roberts World 2021 Oslo, Norway GR 132 lbs. dnp, 12th
Sam Jones World 2021 Oslo, Norway GR 139 lbs dnp, 17th
Peyton Omania World 2021 Oslo, Norway GR 147.5 lbs. dnp, 26th
Pat Smith World 2021 Oslo, Norway GR 158.5 lbs. dnp, 19th
Jesse Porter World 2021 Oslo, Norway GR 169.5 lbs. dnp, 23rd
Ben Provisor World 2021 Oslo, Norway GR 180.5 lbs. dnp, 14th
Alan Vera World 2021 Oslo, Norway GR 191.5 lbs. dnp, 23rd
G’Angelo Hancock World 2021 Oslo, Norway GR 213 lbs. 3rd
Cohlton Schultz World 2021 Oslo, Norway GR 286 lbs. dnp, 14th
Thomas Gilman World 2021 Oslo, Norway FS 125.5 lbs 1st
Daton Fix World 2021 Oslo, Norway FS 134 lbs. 2nd
Yianni Diakomihalis World 2021 Oslo, Norway FS 143 lbs. dnp, 12th
James Green World 2021 Oslo, Norway FS 154 lbs. 7th
Kyle Dake World 2021 Oslo, Norway FS 163 lbs. 1st
Jordan Burroughs World 2021 Oslo, Norway FS 174 lbs. 1st
David Taylor World 2021 Oslo, Norway FS 189 lbs. 2nd
J’den Cox World 2021 Oslo, Norway FS 202 lbs. 3rd
Kyle Snyder World 2021 Oslo, Norway FS 213 lbs. 2nd
Nick Gwiazdowski World 2021 Oslo, Norway FS 275 lbs. 5th
Thomas Gilman Olympic 2020 Tokyo, Japan FS  125.5 lbs 3rd
Kyle Dake Olympic 2020 Tokyo, Japan FS  163 lbs 3rd 
David Taylor Olympic 2020 Tokyo, Japan FS  189 lbs 1st 
Kyle Snyder Olympic 2020 Tokyo, Japan FS  213.75 lbs 2nd 
Gable Steveson Olympic 2020 Tokyo, Japan FS  275 lbs 1st 
Ildar Hafizov Olympic 2020 Tokyo, Japan GR  132 lbs 12th 
Alejandro Sancho Olympic 2020 Tokyo, Japan GR  147.5 lbs 10th 
John Stefanowicz Olympic 2020 Tokyo, Japan GR  191.5 lbs 12th 
Tracy Hancock Olympic 2020 Tokyo, Japan GR  213.75 lbs 7th 
Daton Fix World 2019 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan FS 125.5 dnp
Tyler Graff World 2019 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan FS 134 5th
Zain Retherford World 2019 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan FS 143 dnp
James Green World 2019 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan FS 154 dnp
Jordan Burroughs World 2019 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan FS 163 3rd
Kyle Dake World 2019 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan FS 174 1st
Pat Downey World 2019 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan FS 189 9th
J’den Cox World 2019 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan FS 202.5 1st
Kyle Snyder World 2019 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan FS 213.75 3rd
Nick Gwiazdowski World 2019 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan FS 275 dnp
Max Nowry  World 2019 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan GR 121 5th
Ildar Hafizov World 2019 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan GR 132 dnp
Ryan Mango  World 2019 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan GR 138.75 7th
Ellis Coleman World 2019 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan GR 147.5 dnp
Raymond Bunker World 2019 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan GR 158.5 dnp
Pat Smith World 2019 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan GR 169.5 dnp
John Stefanowicz World 2019 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan GR 180.5 dnp
Joe Rau World 2019 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan GR 191.5 dnp
G’Angelo Hancock World 2019 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan GR 213.75 dnp
Adam Coon World 2019 Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan GR 286 dnp
Thomas Gilman World 2018 Budapest, Hungary FS 125.5 5th
Joe Colon World 2018 Budapest, Hungary FS 134 3rd
Logan Stieber World 2018 Budapest, Hungary FS 143 dnp
James Green World 2018 Budapest, Hungary FS 154 dnp
Jordan Burroughs World 2018 Budapest, Hungary FS 163 3rd
Kyle Dake World 2018 Budapest, Hungary FS 174 1st
David Taylor World 2018 Budapest, Hungary FS 189 1st
J’den Cox World 2018 Budapest, Hungary FS 202.5 1st
Kyle Snyder World 2018 Budapest, Hungary FS 213.75 2nd
Nick Gwiazdowski World 2018 Budapest, Hungary FS 275 3rd
Sam Hazewinkel World 2018 Budapest, Hungary GR 121 dnp
Dalton Roberts World 2018 Budapest, Hungary GR 132 dnp
Jesse Thielke World 2018 Budapest, Hungary GR 138.75 dnp
Ellis Coleman World 2018 Budapest, Hungary GR 147.5 dnp
RaVaughn Perkins World 2018 Budapest, Hungary GR 158.5 dnp
Kamal Bey World 2018 Budapest, Hungary GR 169.5 7th
Geordan Speiller World 2018 Budapest, Hungary GR 180.5 dnp
Patrick Martinez World 2018 Budapest, Hungary GR 191.5 dnp
G’Angelo Hancock World 2018 Budapest, Hungary GR 213.75 dnp
Adam Coon World 2018 Budapest, Hungary GR 286 2nd
Thomas Gilman  World 2017 Paris, France FS 125.5 2nd
Logan Stieber World 2017 Paris, France FS 134 dnp
Zain Retherford World 2017 Paris, France FS 143 dnp
James Green World 2017 Paris, France FS 154 2nd
Jordan Burroughs World 2017 Paris, France FS 163 1st
J’den Cox World 2017 Paris, France FS 189 3rd
Kyle Snyder World 2017 Paris, France FS 213 1st
Nick Gwiazdowski World 2017 Paris, France FS 275 3rd
Ildar Hafizov World 2017 Paris, France GR 130 dnp
Ellis Coleman World 2017 Paris, France GR 145 dnp
Pat Smith World 2017 Paris, France GR 156 dnp
Mason Manville World 2017 Paris, France GR 165 dnp
Cheney Haight World 2017 Paris, France GR 176 dnp
Ben Provisor World 2017 Paris, France GR 187 dnp
G’Angelo Hancock World 2017 Paris, France GR 215.5 dnp
Robby Smith World 2017 Paris, France GR 286 10th
Daniel Dennis Olympic 2016 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil FS  125.5 lbs 19th 
Frank Molinaro Olympic 2016 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil FS  143 lbs 5th 
Jordan Burroughs Olympic 2016 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil FS  163 lbs 9th 
J’den Cox Olympic 2016 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil FS  189 lbs 3rd 
Kyle Snyder Olympic 2016 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil FS  213 lbs 1st 
Tervel Dlagnev Olympic 2016 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil FS  275 lbs 3rd 
Jesse Thielke Olympic 2016 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil GR  130 lbs 9th 
Andy Bisek Olympic 2016 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil GR  165 lbs 12th 
Ben Provisor Olympic 2016 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil GR  187 lbs 12th 
Robby Smith Olympic 2016 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil GR  286 lbs 12th 
Tony Ramos World 2015 Las Vegas, Nevada FS 125.5 dnp
Reece Humphrey World 2015 Las Vegas, Nevada FS 134 dnp
Brent Metcalf World 2015 Las Vegas, Nevada FS 143 10th
James Green World 2015 Las Vegas, Nevada FS 154 3rd
Jordan Burroughs World 2015 Las Vegas, Nevada FS 163 1st
Jake Herbert World 2015 Las Vegas, Nevada FS 189 dnp
Kyle Snyder World 2015 Las Vegas, Nevada FS 213 1st
Zach Rey World 2015 Las Vegas, Nevada FS 275 dnp
Spenser Mango World 2015 Las Vegas, Nevada GR 130 dnp
Bryce Saddoris World 2015 Las Vegas, Nevada GR 145.5 dnp
Justin Lester World 2015 Las Vegas, Nevada GR 156.5 8th
Andy Bisek World 2015 Las Vegas, Nevada GR 165 3rd
Patrick Martinez World 2015 Las Vegas, Nevada GR 176 dnp
Jordan Holm World 2015 Las Vegas, Nevada GR 187 dnp
Caylor Williams World 2015 Las Vegas, Nevada GR 216 dnp
Robby Smith World 2015 Las Vegas, Nevada GR 286 5th
Tony Ramos World 2014 Tashkent, Uzbekistan FS 125.5 dnp
Jimmy Kennedy World 2014 Tashkent, Uzbekistan FS 134 dnp
Brent Metcalf World 2014 Tashkent, Uzbekistan FS 143 dnp
Nick Marable World 2014 Tashkent, Uzbekistan FS 154 dnp
Jordan Burroughs World 2014 Tashkent, Uzbekistan FS 163 3rd
Ed Ruth  World 2014 Tashkent, Uzbekistan FS 189 dnp
Jake Varner World 2014 Tashkent, Uzbekistan FS 213 dnp
Tervel Dlagnev World 2014 Tashkent, Uzbekistan FS 275 3rd
Spenser Mango World 2014 Tashkent, Uzbekistan GR 130 5th
Bryce Saddoris World 2014 Tashkent, Uzbekistan GR 145.5 dnp
Justin Lester World 2014 Tashkent, Uzbekistan GR 156.5 dnp
Andy Bisek World 2014 Tashkent, Uzbekistan GR 165 3rd
Jordan Holm World 2014 Tashkent, Uzbekistan GR 187 dnp
Joe Rau World 2014 Tashkent, Uzbekistan GR 176 dnp
Caylor Williams World 2014 Tashkent, Uzbekistan GR 216 dnp
Robby Smith World 2014 Tashkent, Uzbekistan GR 286 dnp
Angel Escobedo World 2013 Budapest, Hungary FS 121 5th
Reece Humphrey World 2013 Budapest, Hungary FS 132 8th
Brent Metcalf World 2013 Budapest, Hungary FS 145.5 dnp
Jordan Burroughs World 2013 Budapest, Hungary FS 163 1st
Keith Gavin World 2013 Budapest, Hungary FS 185 dnp
J.D. Bergman World 2013 Budapest, Hungary FS 211.5 dnp
Tervel Dlagnev World 2013 Budapest, Hungary FS 264.5 5th
Spenser Mango World 2013 Budapest, Hungary GR 121 5th
Jesse Thielke World 2013 Budapest, Hungary GR 132 8th
Ellis Coleman World 2013 Budapest, Hungary GR 145.5 dnp
Andy Bisek World 2013 Budapest, Hungary GR 163 dnp
Jordan Holm World 2013 Budapest, Hungary GR 185 dnp
Caylor Williams World 2013 Budapest, Hungary GR 211.5 dnp
Robbie Smith World 2013 Budapest, Hungary GR 264.5 7th
Sam Hazewinkel Olympic 2012 London, England FS  121 lbs dnp 
Coleman Scott Olympic 2012 London, England FS  132 lbs. 3rd 
Jared Frayer Olympic 2012 London, England FS  145.5 lbs. dnp 
Jordan Burroughs Olympic 2012 London, England FS  163 lbs. 1st 
Jake Herbert Olympic 2012 London, England FS  185 lbs. 7th 
Jake Varner Olympic 2012 London, England FS  211.5 lbs. 1st 
Tervel Dlagnev Olympic 2012 London, England FS  264.5 lbs. 3rd 
Spenser Mango Olympic 2012 London, England GR  121 lbs 9th 
Ellis Coleman Olympic 2012 London, England GR  132 lbs. dnp 
Justin Lester Olympic 2012 London, England GR  145.5 lbs. 8th 
Ben Provisor Olympic 2012 London, England GR  163 lbs. dnp 
Chas Betts Olympic 2012 London, England GR  185 lbs. 9th 
Dremiel Byers Olympic 2012 London, England GR  264.5 lbs. 9th 
Nick Simmons World 2011 Istanbul, Turkey FS 121 5th
Reece Humphrey World 2011 Istanbul, Turkey FS 132 9th
Teyon Ware World 2011 Istanbul, Turkey FS 145.5 dnp
Jordan Burroughs World 2011 Istanbul, Turkey FS 163 1st
Cael Sanderson World 2011 Istanbul, Turkey FS 185 5th
Jake Varner World 2011 Istanbul, Turkey FS 211.5 3rd
Tervel Dlagnev World 2011 Istanbul, Turkey FS 264.5 5th
Spenser Mango World 2011 Istanbul, Turkey GR 121 dnp
Joe Betterman World 2011 Istanbul, Turkey GR 132 dnp
Justin  Lester World 2011 Istanbul, Turkey GR 145.5 5th
Andy Bisek World 2011 Istanbul, Turkey GR 163 dnp
Cheney Haight World 2011 Istanbul, Turkey GR 185 dnp
Justin Ruiz World 2011 Istanbul, Turkey GR 211.5 dnp
Dremiel Byers World 2011 Istanbul, Turkey GR 264.5 dnp
Obe Blanc World 2010 Moscow, Russia FS 121 9th
Mike Zadick World 2010 Moscow, Russia FS 132 dnp
Brent Metcalf World 2010 Moscow, Russia FS 145.5 dnp
Travis Paulson World 2010 Moscow, Russia FS 163 dnp
Jake Herbert World 2010 Moscow, Russia FS 185 dnp
JD Bergman World 2010 Moscow, Russia FS 211.5 10th
Les Sigman World 2010 Moscow, Russia FS 264.5 9th
Spenser Mango World 2010 Moscow, Russia GR 121 dnp
Jeremiah Davis World 2010 Moscow, Russia GR 132 dnp
Faruk Sahin World 2010 Moscow, Russia GR 145.5 dnp
Jake Fisher World 2010 Moscow, Russia GR 163 dnp
Jake Clark World 2010 Moscow, Russia GR 185 dnp
Justin Ruiz World 2010 Moscow, Russia GR 211.5 5th
Dremiel Byers World 2010 Moscow, Russia GR 264.5 5th
Danny Felix World 2009 Herning, Denmark FS 121 dnp
Shawn Bunch World 2009 Herning, Denmark FS 132 dnp
Trent Paulson World 2009 Herning, Denmark FS 145.5 dnp
Dustin Schlatter World 2009 Herning, Denmark FS 163 dnp
Jake Herbert World 2009 Herning, Denmark FS 185 2nd
Jake Varner World 2009 Herning, Denmark FS 211.5 9th
Tervel Dlagnev World 2009 Herning, Denmark FS 264.5 3rd
Spenser Mango World 2009 Herning, Denmark GR 121 9th
Jeremiah Davis World 2009 Herning, Denmark GR 132 dnp
Faruk Sahin World 2009 Herning, Denmark GR 145.5 dnp
Justin  Lester World 2009 Herning, Denmark GR 163 dnp
Chas Betts World 2009 Herning, Denmark GR 185 dnp
R.C. Johnson World 2009 Herning, Denmark GR 211.5 dnp
Dremiel Byers World 2009 Herning, Denmark GR 264.5 2nd

SeniorResultsHistorical.csv

Edited by jross
attached larger history of senior results at worlds and olympics

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Excellent. Nwhof has brackets going back to Antiquity.  I'd be interested in the scripts.  https://nwhof.org/national-wrestling-hall-of-fame/brackets

Sure they are attached.  This was a one off exercise with minimal time to get working.  Downloading brackets was trivial.  The PDF data extraction was messy.  Looking back, can see I worked brackets in groups with similar data patterns to massage into usable information. Was a mix of scripting and manual.  I only needed to look at the first page to get All-American information.  

wrestlingDownloadBrackets.pl wrestlingNcaaAllAmericanExtraction.pl

On 3/22/2022 at 12:59 PM, Wrestleknownothing said:

That explains it. Thank you, Gambler.

It was actually 2 points for the first round advancement, or 1 point for first round consolation advancement. After that round the scoring went back to the normal 1 and .5.  This was done to try to even out for pig tail scoring.

On 3/23/2022 at 9:19 PM, jross said:

I’d love to take a look at it.  

6 hours ago, ChicagoHawk said:

I’d love to take a look at it.  

I was thinking of writing it in Python.   I have a cloud data platform I can use to store.   Assuming cost should not be a huge issue.   I wouldn’t mind a copy of the Perl scripts to start.  I’ve got a demo my company does showing near real time medical analysis of a pdf.   I can prolly borrow that code too.