@Jon_Kozak just posted this on Flo:

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/7619137-2022-bill-farrell-entries

When are entries closed, anyone know?

Also, do we see anyone who missed qualification (Massa at 174 and Hidlay at 184 for example) enter?

Anybody thinking we will see some weight changes on freestyle start?  I am hoping to actually see Hidlay up at 92 and Massa back down to 74, for example.

Event site is here: https://usawrestlingevents.com/event/2200128102

It looks like March 29th is the deadline to register without penalty.  I certainly hope a lot more registrations come in - it won't be much of an event with the current pool.  It's a pretty quick turnaround for the college guys although at certain weights, winning BF could be easier than placing top 7 at the US Open.

13 minutes ago, Red95 said:

Event site is here: https://usawrestlingevents.com/event/2200128102

It looks like March 29th is the deadline to register without penalty.  I certainly hope a lot more registrations come in - it won't be much of an event with the current pool.  It's a pretty quick turnaround for the college guys although at certain weights, winning BF could be easier than placing top 7 at the US Open.

Precisely my thinking as well.

Question: Highest placing US wrestler not already qualified advances to the WTT right?

Does that mean 'at the weight they participated in' or simply that they are now qualified and that they can choose which weight they go?

I ask because 92kg has one wrestler entered, in Scottue Boykin.  While he is by no means a pushover for most of the 86kg gents, I imagine Nick Reenan or Owen Webster have to like their chances against him rather than Myles Martin right?

Edited by nhs67

Hope we finally get Gross/Graff.  The fact that they haven't met with the number of brackets they've been in (and done well in) together is almost getting to a level of absurdity approaching the fact that Ramos and Graff never met in Senior level FS. Should be a lot of points on the board if we get it!

The Bill Farrell in Iowa is not the Bill Farrell. It could be a good tournament, but it's not the same thing. I would also think that the Russians who came did so, at least in part for a trip to NYC. A trip to Iowa might be somewhat less appealing. No offense. 

Marstellar-Gantt-Skatzka-Perez-White 1-5.

Poor Rojas.  Just lost his senior year States Title against Barr now he has to face Gantt in his first senior level freestyle action?  That is a rough introduction.