Sign in to follow this  
Jim L

Forget about riding time point. Time to add points for Grand Amplitude

Lots of discussion that eliminating the riding time point will make Folkstyle so much better and lead to lots of turns on the mat.  I don't quite buy this, as there is plenty incentive to try and turn without any rule change.

However, the most exciting matches of the tournament were Andonian and Gomez And my favorite moment was Wood with a big lift and drop of Schultz add Clarke's throw of Lee in the finals and those are the most electric moments. Why not award those move?  They are surely more exciting than a two minute rideout.  Lifting someone up and brining down right to their back is much more dominating than a 4 point tilt on the mat. Plus they lead to back points and pinning for everyone who claims the highest achievement in wrestling is a pin.

22 minutes ago, Jim L said:

Lots of discussion that eliminating the riding time point will make Folkstyle so much better and lead to lots of turns on the mat.  I don't quite buy this, as there is plenty incentive to try and turn without any rule change.

However, the most exciting matches of the tournament were Andonian and Gomez And my favorite moment was Wood with a big lift and drop of Schultz add Clarke's throw of Lee in the finals and those are the most electric moments. Why not award those move?  They are surely more exciting than a two minute rideout.  Lifting someone up and brining down right to their back is much more dominating than a 4 point tilt on the mat. Plus they lead to back points and pinning for everyone who claims the highest achievement in wrestling is a pin.

I am for putting Jim L in charge of this stuff!

3 hours ago, Jim L said:

Do they? I think Wood would take the 4 point tilt. 

Aside from that you are saying feet to back should be awarded extra points….like freestyle? 

14 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Do they? I think Wood would take the 4 point tilt. 

Aside from that you are saying feet to back should be awarded extra points….like freestyle? 

Yes, 100% of the time throws lead to back points, there is no other scenario. ;)

What Schultz did was incredible as well, and a 4-2 scoring seems about right.

Without a doubt, throws more often lead to BPs than a two minute ride (unless your name is Spencer)

Yes it would be more like FS, nothing gets the entire crowd to hold its breath at the same time than when two guys lock up go chest to chest and attempt a throw. After a successful throw, the crowd collectively explodes. That is magic

Bad idea. Subjective scoring will make it worse than judging Figure Skating. Start doing this and next thing you know Tonya Harding will be hired to take out oppenents with her hubcap attack.

Edited by Casper

28 minutes ago, Casper said:

Bad idea. Subjective scoring will make it worse than judging Figure Skating. Start doing this and next thing you know Tonya Harding will be hired to take out oppenents with her hubcap attack.

Might be difficult to call because of how quick a throw can happen but it does not have to be subjective. Both feet leave the mat and he lands with back facing the mat, nothing subjective there.

Meanwhile, half the posters seem to think the only solution to improving wrestling is to have the refs call more stalling, which is completely subjective

1 minute ago, AKHUNTER said:

this is 100% false....... MANY times wrestlers roll thru throws.

You missed my sarcasm font. Obviously throws don't always lead to backpoints, but they often do