Sign in to follow this  
dsnc471

What's Gadisov's deal?

Just watched his finals match from Russian Nationals, and the entire 2nd period he looked like he didn't want to wrestle but just sit on his 1 point lead, and it cost him big time. For so much talent, what is his deal? It's not simply conditioning.

I thought he was the most talented wrestler in the world after I watched his Euro finals match last year against the guy Varner beat. He reminds me of a young Adam Satiev. Then I watch this match and it looks like two different guys. He is small for the weight but I dont think that is it. Shame he will not be at worlds this year.

Cmon Trip,

Yes I agree Varner was third best at this weight. But Gadisov has a history of blowing matches starting back at the 2009 worlds when he was dominating Herbert and somehow gassed and lost.

I've loved how he's basically gone on and on about rackets being rigged after Varner won in London. I think we all would agree that Varner got a lucky draw but when have they ever rigged the brackets for an American to win? When it comes to international wrestling, we don't have the kind of pull that Iranians and Russians have. lol. If the brackets were rigged, it certainly wasn't for Varner.

Cmon Trip,

Yes I agree Varner was third best at this weight. But Gadisov has a history of blowing matches starting back at the 2009 worlds when he was dominating Herbert and somehow gassed and lost.

I didn't know they could choose who the Gold medal goes to. Why did they pick the 3rd best guy? What were the scores when the 1st and 2nd best beat him that day in London?

I believe brackets at Olympics began to be rigged in 08 with Cejudo. He got a sweet draw compared to Kudukhov and used it well.

At 12 olympics no doubt fixing was going on. Burroughs got a sweet draw too compared to Tsargush. A random draw means each country should get some good draws, some bad draws and some ok draws.

But every single draw for Russia and Iran in freestyle was either extremely tough or tough while key draws for America and Georgia were easy. Georgia is considered a pro-Western country with good wrestling. That cannot happen on its own in a random draw.

So, after a fix up like that top wrestlers continue telling themselves yeah I will win next time but subconsiously their brains know something is up and they let up trying hard. Guys like Kudukhov, Sat, Tsargush, Mahov, Urishev, and Yazdani. New guys come in and win because they haven't had that fix up yet to deal with and are simply hungry to make the National team.

Some of you say America never gets a break. Oh yeah. How did Zadick get into 08 Olympics then?

So, after a fix up like that top wrestlers continue telling themselves yeah I will win next time but subconsiously their brains know something is up and they let up trying hard. Guys like Kudukhov, Sat, Tsargush, Mahov, Urishev, and Yazdani. New guys come in and win because they haven't had that fix up yet to deal with and are simply hungry to make the National team.

Some of you say America never gets a break. Oh yeah. How did Zadick get into 08 Olympics then?

Yeah, because FILA and the rest of the world really want to see Americans winning medals. And the Russians and Iranians wouldn't blow the whistle in a heartbeat if they thought fixing was really going on...either blow the whistle on it or pay people off. I think you're beyond delusional.

The World has changed. The Russians are just happy to stay in Olympics and keep their cushy wrestling jobs and win a few medals for Russia. The Iranians have no power. They are lucky they are even invited into Olympics. To stay in Olympics wrestling needs America and other Western related countries winning. Why do you think Russia repeatedly sends a losing team to BTS in NYC? What does Russia get out of it?

This is no longer about winning. Its about staying in the Olympics.

We've been over this before, in the 2012 Olympics Iran had 4 former world medalist

2 were placed in the easy side of the bracket and two in the tough side

How could Tsargush and Goudarzi both get tough draws? They didn't, Goudarzi got a gift. Rahimi had an easy draw and choked it away. Lashgari was on the easy side of the bracket as well.

Mahov was on the other side of Tamizov, the reigning Olympic champ, and the reigning world champion.

Urishev's side of the bracket was vastly easier.

Kudukhov had fewer past medalist on his side of the bracket.

you explain the easy draws for Georgia, because they are pro western...really? Azerbaijan is western friendly as well, do they get good draws?

facts do not support your claims

Mahov didn't have Taymazov but relative to Georgia Mahov had a really tough draw and then he met a fresh Georgian.

Goudarzi had a tough draw with Olympic Silver in his path and a tough final. But the two biggest stars for Iran were Taghavi and Yazdani and both got hammered with draws.

How about this, how come Burroughs didn't get Goudarzi or Azerbaijan 1st round and then Tsargush who had a bye or an opponent that Burroughs wresled 1st round?

Urishev had an easy draw? Are you calling wrestling World Silver 1st round and then Iran and if he beat Iran a World champ next an easy draw?

Sure brackets were rigged for Georgia. Georgia is viewed as pro-Western. The more it wins the less Russia and Iran win.

At 55 and 74 there were very few options to make it really tough. There were few known studs and both weights were not very deep. Only 2 or three real Gold medal threat wrestles in each. At 74 the only thing you could do is put Goudarxi against Tsargush before Burroughs but that would look really suspicious after already having Gadisov and Yazdani early.

Besides everyone knew Burroughs only real threat was Tsargush so no reason to escape Goudarzi and how great America over Iran would look in British Olympic finals.

Hah! Georgia? you really think anyone cares if Georgia wins one or two more Olympic medals in wrestling?

like someone is going to spend all the time and money to rig brackets AND cover it up so no one finds about it (besides tripster of course), is quite funny to me.

the IOC cares about the big developing countries that aren't yet so involved in the games. So china got an Olympics. Brazil will get one next. Then they may turn their attention to India, south east asia, etc.

but yeah, FILA is saved and wrestling will stay in the Olympics because of all the pro Georgia bracket rigging. no one cares if the US wins more medals, let alone tiny ex soviet Georgia. oh man, very funny. thanks for the laugh.

In 08 John McCain and Sarah Palin were willing to go to war against Russia to defend Georgia. They were an election away from running America. Don't be a fool and think Georgia is not important to the West.

Besides, last Georgia's President went to school and worked in America. When was the last time Russia's or Iran's President did that?

You're like a 9/11 conspiracy theorist -- all evidence that opposes your preconceived notion gets conveniently ignored outright. Tsargush having a much tougher draw than Burroughs is such a ridiculous statement I don't even know what to say... You have successfully trolled the forum again despite being capable of discussing serious elements of the sport, does this make you feel good? Congrats bud

for the record i dont consider this trolling. its quite entertaining. i like the idea of linking the rose revolution and the de facto annexation of South Ossetia and Abkhazia by Russia to an as yet undiscovered international conspiracy to very slightly alter the odds of a tiny, mostly unknown Caucasian country's chances of winning a couple more olympic medals in a sport the IOC wants to drop from the games.

if tom clancy ever runs out of ideas, someone should direct him to this board.