Sign in to follow this  
LowSingleOTW

Bastida Mania...

He has been here approximately 18 months and has put the NCAA and the world on notice on a couple of things ...

1st... He's legit coming for EVERYONE...

(Insert Gary Oldman from The Professional screaming meme)

2nd... Theres no way on gods green earth this kid is under 28... He legit might be 30...

Just a few thoughts from the side lines...

13 hours ago, buf87 said:

Flo did a big hype on the wrong Cuban!  Yonger is a great young man and doing things the right way.  Glad we have him at Iowa State

Pulling headgear to get a pin isn't doing it the right way though.

25 minutes ago, Relentless125 said:

Pulling headgear to get a pin isn't doing it the right way though.

The Pettiness on some of these threads is almost hilarious.

The sum of what Bastida did this year and what type of kid he is...comes down to a potential technical violation!

31 minutes ago, Scourge197 said:

The Pettiness on some of these threads is almost hilarious.

The sum of what Bastida did this year and what type of kid he is...comes down to a potential technical violation!

Sure, I haven't really followed him. I'm sure he's decent person doing a great job. My comment still stands since that's kind of a cheap way to earn a pin... even if it probably would've eventually came anyway.

Edited by Relentless125

Since he has been wrestling folkstyle for 16 months and never wore a headgear before that, I will give him a pass.  He is still learning.  The headgear pull had nothing to do with Hoffman getting put on his back.  He lost matches last year because he didn't understand riding time or mat wrestling.  He is getting better and learning English at the same time.  I am not going to criticize Yonger for the headgear pull.  Illegal yes, change the win/loss outcome, probably not.

He is a good kid and wanting to learn.  Cudos to him.  It is amazing seeing the growth in 16 months, on and off the mat.

I’ve watched many of his matches over the last 2 seasons and I honestly believe there’s not 197 lber out there who is superior to him from the feet. The matches he’s still losing he’s losing on the mat. If he gets mat wrestling figured out, he’ll be a title threat. Easier said than done, however.