Antitroll2828

Off-season transfer Portal

Figured we need a new thread for the off-season , should be filled with transfers ..

joe heilman from unc is in the portal as a grad transfer …went 20-9 bumping up to 133 , had wins over Courtney and Phillipi and went 2-2 at ncaas , he definitely has one maybe 2 years of eligibility left 

So we have 

125: Stevo Poulin

133: Joe Heilmann

141: 

149: Dom Demas

157:

165: Jacob Null

174: Kennedy Monday

184: Rocky Jordan

197:

285:

Anyone else out there? Looks like Tristan Lara is all set now at Oregon state. I like the match for both parties

Edited by flyingcement

20 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

So we have 

141: 

157:

165:

197:

285:

Anyone else out there? Looks like Tristan Lara is all set now at Oregon state. I like the match for both parties

Jacob Null at 165 

Just now, gobraves101905 said:

Jacob Null at 165 

good call.  Looks like NC State has a handful of young transfer guys which seems weird in theory - but maybe just a case of not being able to crack the lineup or feeling homesick

35 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

So we have 

141: 

157:

165: Jacob Null

197:

285:

Heilman is a 125 he bumped up and stepped in when Hernandez got hurt at 133

2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Heilman is a 125 he bumped up and stepped in when Hernandez got hurt at 133

Heilman has been at 133 the past three years. He hasn't been at 125 since he was a freshman.

Heilman was at 133 last year also and looked like beat out Hernandez for the conference tournament spot. Heilman had a big late season win over #10 Louie Hayes who would go on to All-American.

Maybe you're thinking of Joey Melendez who did well at 125, 2 years ago? He's also listed at 133 now though.

What happened to Tagg at 125? Did he lose the starting spot to the freshman Moore or was he injured?

3 hours ago, BobbyGribbs said:

Rocky Jordan 

3 hours ago, Riz23 said:

Rocky can be a impact guy next year at 184 for somebody, probably a R12 guy atleast,  Couple big wins filling in at times this year 

Is he transfering due to not being able to break the lineup? 

With his brother on staff you might think he'd like to stay.

4 hours ago, BobbyGribbs said:

Rocky Jordan 

I've heard Wisconsin...because...of course a Jordan can only Wrestle at one of those two schools.

I guess they'd Wrestle Rowley at 74. Hope Amos can figure it out. Hillger is back. Not a terrible top of the lineup. A high AA, Rowley probably needs a year. Rocky Low AA to Rd 12 type. Amos...no clue what he's going to end up doing. Hillger...he should probably end up being a lot AA again next year, but the gap has widened.

4 hours ago, Relentless125 said:

Heilman has been at 133 the past three years. He hasn't been at 125 since he was a freshman.

Heilman was at 133 last year also and looked like beat out Hernandez for the conference tournament spot. Heilman had a big late season win over #10 Louie Hayes who would go on to All-American.

Maybe you're thinking of Joey Melendez who did well at 125, 2 years ago? He's also listed at 133 now though.

What happened to Tagg at 125? Did he lose the starting spot to the freshman Moore or was he injured?

Gabe Tagg transferred to South Dakota State.  Julian Tagg was still on the UNC roster but did not wrestle any matches this season.  Edit:  sorry didn’t realize Gabe was bigger so you must’ve been referring to Julian the whole time.  Not sure why he didn’t wrestle, could’ve been  redshirting but didn’t wrestle any opens either

Edited by 1032004

25 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Not sure why he's considered news honestly? Minus the highlight reels above... 

Petty impressive high school resume - top 20 recruit overall - top 3 in his weight... 3x NY champ - Super 32 champ.... I don't know, seems like he would be a nice fit somewhere. 

13 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Petty impressive high school resume - top 20 recruit overall - top 3 in his weight... 3x NY champ - Super 32 champ.... I don't know, seems like he would be a nice fit somewhere. 

You're right and I don't disagree with anything you mentioned.  I shouldn't have even commented. Bad take.

12 hours ago, Scourge197 said:

I've heard Wisconsin...because...of course a Jordan can only Wrestle at one of those two schools.

I guess they'd Wrestle Rowley at 74. Hope Amos can figure it out. Hillger is back. Not a terrible top of the lineup. A high AA, Rowley probably needs a year. Rocky Low AA to Rd 12 type. Amos...no clue what he's going to end up doing. Hillger...he should probably end up being a lot AA again next year, but the gap has widened.

I Hilger looked less than enthusiastic at times this year.