Antitroll2828

Off-season transfer Portal

8 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Can you give some examples where that happened with guys that were held back and were highly touted?  Part of my point was we don’t really know who all was held back for the most part.

I do think for the top guys, being held back doesn’t really matter.  But for a fringe guy, being held back could be the difference between D1 and D2/3, or getting some scholarship money or not.

I’ve personally seen half a dozen cases where it happened and a big part of why a kid didn’t succeed. Or rather peaked too early. You can believe me or don’t. I understand if you don’t but I’m not throwing out names. 

Even with how annoying he is. What askren has been doing with his development system and producing guys like Otoolle should be the model. The problem is, very few coaches are in the position he’s in where he can enforce his policies of not overdoing kid wrestling and make money 

39 minutes ago, jp157 said:

I’ve personally seen half a dozen cases where it happened and a big part of why a kid didn’t succeed. Or rather peaked too early. You can believe me or don’t. I understand if you don’t but I’m not throwing out names. 

Even with how annoying he is. What askren has been doing with his development system and producing guys like Otoolle should be the model. The problem is, very few coaches are in the position he’s in where he can enforce his policies of not overdoing kid wrestling and make money 

You’re referring specifically to being held back as being “a big part of why they don’t succeed”?

Obviously there are a lot of kids that peak too early or burnout.  I’m just saying I’m not sure if not being held back would have really have changed the outcome for those that did, and of course I don’t know how many of those kids that happened to were even held back to begin with.

I will admit that being held back around middle school usually isn’t the best socially (if they need to change schools, make new friends, etc), so yes it’s theoretically possible it could have an impact, but again I just have a feeling most guys who HEW would’ve likely HEW regardless of if they were held back or not.

37 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

You’re referring specifically to being held back as being “a big part of why they don’t succeed”?

Obviously there are a lot of kids that peak too early or burnout.  I’m just saying I’m not sure if not being held back would have really have changed the outcome for those that did, and of course I don’t know how many of those kids that happened to were even held back to begin with.

I will admit that being held back around middle school usually isn’t the best socially (if they need to change schools, make new friends, etc), so yes it’s theoretically possible it could have an impact, but again I just have a feeling most guys who HEW would’ve likely HEW regardless of if they were held back or not.

“They would’ve had HEW either way” is a weak argument. And if you don’t think it would have an impact. I don’t think I’ll convince you 

Given Finesilver's imminent departure from Duke, it appears as if the heir apparent will be little known prospect Gilbert Greatgold.  They have one other man at the weight class (Jimmy Respectablebronze) who will be redshirted.  

2 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Given Finesilver's imminent departure from Duke, it appears as if the heir apparent will be little known prospect Gilbert Greatgold.  They have one other man at the weight class (Jimmy Respectablebronze) who will be redshirted.  

You are just messing with us aren't you, what about Albert Allameric?  Report is he's been beating JR in the room and GG is not looking good. 

Edited by ionel

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

You are just messing with us aren't you, what about Albert Allameric?  Report is he's been beating JR in the room and GG is not looking good. 

lol thanks for dignifying my "joke" with a response

comedy is a difficult craft :)

18 hours ago, flyingcement said:

lol thanks for dignifying my "joke" with a response

comedy is a difficult craft :)

Kitco Gold & Silver prices suggest that Duke would be better off recruiting Randy Rhodinium.

Edited by jdalu75

Updated transfer portal for top 33 ranked guys by weight class (with a couple of adjustments based on predictions).  A couple of possibilities in italics for each

125: James Joplin - NC State (25): North Carolina, Pitt

133: Taylor Lamont - Utah Valley (12 at 125): Ohio State, Missouri, Wisconsin, Oregon State

141: None

149: None

157: None

165: None

174: Matt Finesilver - Duke (9); Kennedy Monday - North Carolina (Ranking unavailable): Iowa, Arizona State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Oregon State

184: Tate Samuelson - Wyoming (17):  Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin, Oklahoma State, Nebraska

197: Jacob Ferreira - NC State (29): Michigan, Minnesota, Rutgers

285: Yaraslau Slavikouski - Harvard (9): Virginia Tech, Minnesota, Nebraska, Oregon State

Any ideas on where these guys might end up?  

Edited by flyingcement

Garrett Lautzenheiser, who started for West Virginia this season as a true freshman (133), has entered the transfer portal.  Best wins of the season were over Gabe Tagg, Kellyn March, and King Sandoval.  Lautzenheiser was a state champion as a Junior in Ohio,  Placed third and 4th as a freshman and sophomore.  And the season was cancelled due to COVID his senior season in 2020.  The closest D1 school to his hometown is Kent State which seems to have a spot he could slide into if he wanted to go back home.  Alternatively, he may be looking at all sorts of places.

On 5/18/2022 at 12:06 AM, flyingcement said:

Garrett Lautzenheiser, who started for West Virginia this season as a true freshman (133), has entered the transfer portal.  Best wins of the season were over Gabe Tagg, Kellyn March, and King Sandoval.  Lautzenheiser was a state champion as a Junior in Ohio,  Placed third and 4th as a freshman and sophomore.  And the season was cancelled due to COVID his senior season in 2020.  The closest D1 school to his hometown is Kent State which seems to have a spot he could slide into if he wanted to go back home.  Alternatively, he may be looking at all sorts of places.

Writing might have been on the wall with other young guys like Titus, Hillegas, and Dolan there around 133-141. He really improved over course of last year, just may not have had best opportunities to start moving forward.

Does a multi-time National Champ assistant departing a program to coach/train at an inter-conference university (and associated club) count as the "transfer portal"?

If so, it appears this "transfer" is happening.

Does a multi-time National Champ assistant departing a program to coach/train at an inter-conference university (and associated club) count as the "transfer portal"?

Who is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, PSUSMC said:

Yeah spill the beans please.  What are you referring to?

3 hours ago, PSUSMC said:

Who is moving to the NLWC? 

I don't believe there are many multi-time national champions that are currently coaching and may still be training, are there?

Maybe missing a couple, but I feel like the options are (in my order of who I think it could be, pure speculation):

Jesse Delgado - would probably be my guess due to Beckerman leaving?  although not sure if he still trains

Gwiz

IMar

Heil - did he even coach this year?

Cenzo - doubt it

Ruth - doubt it as his brother is going to where he is

Stieber - doubt he'd leave tOSU, and don't think he's really training anymore

6 hours ago, PSUSMC said:

Training doesn't mean competing, just means rolling with the wrestlers? Right?

1 hour ago, wrestlingnerd said:

It’s Cenzo. A real shame. 

ASU?  Speaking of ASU and the transfer portal, I noticed Taylor Lamont was listed as a wrestler for Sunkist Kids.   He wouldn't go to ASU with their logjam at 125/133 would he?

11 hours ago, 1032004 said:

ASU?  Speaking of ASU and the transfer portal, I noticed Taylor Lamont was listed as a wrestler for Sunkist Kids.   He wouldn't go to ASU with their logjam at 125/133 would he?

If it's a coach/training situation, does that mean an ASU coach is leaving? 

If I remember correctly ASU was not on his list of visits. A lot guys train part-time with different clubs. If you look at the list of athletes at Sunkist they don't all train there full time. 

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

If it's a coach/training situation, does that mean an ASU coach is leaving? 

If I remember correctly ASU was not on his list of visits. A lot guys train part-time with different clubs. If you look at the list of athletes at Sunkist they don't all train there full time. 

I did notice that but it looked like all the people that still had college eligibility listed were ASU guys