Jump to content
Antitroll2828

Off-season transfer Portal

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Relentless125 said:

 

Is he transfering due to not being able to break the lineup? 

With his brother on staff you might think he'd like to stay.

Romero is supposedly returning, and he isn’t beating Hoffman either so that means he would sit another year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not trying to stir the pot here, but generally wondering about Minnesota.  For a team that has been known for success in heavier weights, they seem to have a TON of depth in the lighter weights right now.  Wondering how it all looks after the dust settles:

125: Patrick McKee, Troy Spratley (stud incoming freshman who will probably redshirt)

133: Vince Vombaur, Jake Gliva, Jager Eisch

141: Jake Bergeland, Aaron Nagao, Marcos Polanco

 

133 in particular, I'm not sure if Vombaur can beat out Gliva, and where Eisch fits in.  Would any of these guys end up in the portal if they are displaced?

Edited by flyingcement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Not trying to stir the pot here, but generally wondering about Minnesota.  For a team that has been known for success in heavier weights, they seem to have a TON of depth in the lighter weights right now.  Wondering how it all looks after the dust settles:

125: Patrick McKee, Troy Spratley (stud incoming freshman who will probably redshirt)

133: Vince Vombaur, Jake Gliva, Jager Eisch

141: Jake Bergeland, Aaron Nagao, Marcos Polanco

 

133 in particular, I'm not sure if Vombaur can beat out Gliva, and where Eisch fits in.  Would any of these guys end up in the portal if they are displaced?

2x CA state champ Aaron Nagao is probably the best 133 on the roster.  Tagen Jamison is a 141 prospect that gray shirted this year (beat Casey Swiderski in 2021 Fargo 138 final)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure where Rocky could or would go?  I imagine he was never really chased because it was always assumed he would head to tOSU with his brothers.  Add in that Wiscy has an entirely different coaching staff than when his cousin, Zeke was there 7 years ago and I al.not sure where he might end up.

Who are the B1G schools losing wrestlers?  Michigan, Nebraska, Purdue, Wisconsin.

Does he stay in the B1G?  What weight?  184? 197? 174?  A lot of questions there.

I think it would be interesting to see him and Monday head to UofM at 174/184 to give Walker and Bullock one more season of development before assuming the starting roles for three seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mob said:

Kevon Davenport transferred to Illinois

The only spot for him at Illinois is at 149.

They have at least 2 more years of starters left from 157-184.

Edited by nhs67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Jordan to ASU would make a ton of sense. Had a huge hole at 184 this year, and I don’t think they see Fagen as a long term solution. 

I think Fagan came to ASU just as much for the Greco training as he did to wrestle college. Adds nice depth to the roster. But I agree, they can and probably need to do better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gobraves101905 said:

I think Fagan came to ASU just as much for the Greco training as he did to wrestle college. Adds nice depth to the roster. But I agree, they can and probably need to do better. 

I thought you were pretty excited on the potential of Fagan. What changed?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

The only spot for him at Illinois is at 149.

They have at least 2 more years of starters left from 157-184.

He's been at 149 anyway.  Killer 1st year at NU but regressed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Henry said:

Did people overrate Rocky based on his name?

Rocky was a top ~50 recruit in his own class. He beat some very good wrestlers his senior year and won the Ironman. He earned his recruiting ranking and would be a quality starter for a lot of D1 programs. Just happens to have an All-American on his team from 174-197. Nobody expected him to be Bo or Micah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...