Jump to content
Antitroll2828

Off-season transfer Portal

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Idaho said:

Montalvo makes  a lot of sense for ASU. 

 

8 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

Would be a great addition. I Think there was mutual interest prior to him committing to OSU.

If they were to get Montalvo they would have potential qualifiers at every weight save for 165 or 174.

Transfer in if Monday at 174 and Valencia down to 165 and that fixes it. 

Another option is Montalvo to 174 and Fagen at 184 and that also fixes ir, with Valencia down at 165.

One of Figs, Courtney, or Vasquez are sitting regardless, if Teemer goes 157 again.  I hope he goes 165.  Parco isn't a big 149 nor is Vasquez a big 141, though...nor is McGee a big 133 or Courtney a big 125...  A hole is a hole, I guess.  My shtick with Teemer is that I believe he has high freestyle potential.  I want to see him settle at an Olympic weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Seems like we might have two classes of teams going forward.

1. Teams that are recruited.

2. Teams made from poached eggs. 

and the top 4 teams this year were in category #2 (although I think ASU deserves an asterisk because their 2 key transfers came from teams that got cut).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

and the top 4 teams this year were in category #2 (although I think ASU deserves an asterisk because their 2 key transfers came from teams that got cut).

Potato - tomato.  Both have skin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, nhs67 said:

So how do we think this lineup pans out for UofM?

125 - Medley

133 - Ragusin

141 - Henson

149 - Lamer

157 - Lewan

165 - Amine

174 - Kennedy/Walker

184 - Finesilver/Bullock

197 - Samuelson/Rogers

285 - Parris

Honestly, a lot of potential AA in there, but onky one surefire one.

Who is the Kennedy you are referencing at 165?" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

and the top 4 teams this year were in category #2 (although I think ASU deserves an asterisk because their 2 key transfers came from teams that got cut).

Sort of... Parco was committed to Utah Valley after Fresno...he then went to ASU. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

 

If they were to get Montalvo they would have potential qualifiers at every weight save for 165 or 174.

Transfer in if Monday at 174 and Valencia down to 165 and that fixes it. 

Another option is Montalvo to 174 and Fagen at 184 and that also fixes ir, with Valencia down at 165.

One of Figs, Courtney, or Vasquez are sitting regardless, if Teemer goes 157 again.  I hope he goes 165.  Parco isn't a big 149 nor is Vasquez a big 141, though...nor is McGee a big 133 or Courtney a big 125...  A hole is a hole, I guess.  My shtick with Teemer is that I believe he has high freestyle potential.  I want to see him settle at an Olympic weight.

I think 174 is out of the question for Montalvo. He really struggled down at that weight in ‘20. I also think they stand pat at 125-157. I’m still holding firm that either Courtney or Figs will transfer. If Montalvo comes over I think they give their in house options a chance at 165. Both Wilner and Norfleet had semi-respectable redshirt seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

I think 174 is out of the question for Montalvo. He really struggled down at that weight in ‘20. I also think they stand pat at 125-157. I’m still holding firm that either Courtney or Figs will transfer. If Montalvo comes over I think they give their in house options a chance at 165. Both Wilner and Norfleet had semi-respectable redshirt seasons.

I think they let Courtney walk in that scenario.  I would, too.  I am very high on Figs, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Here are some baseless predictions about some of the higher rated transfer portal guys:

(8) 174 Matt Finesilver: Michigan

(9) 285 Yaraslau Slavikouski: Virginia Tech

(12) 149 Dom Demas: Iowa State

(15) 184 Tate Samuelson: Nebraska

(17) 184 Rocky Jordan: Chattanooga (based on rumors)

(19) 184 Anthony Montalvo: Arizona State

(21) 133 Joe Heilmann: Drexel

(31) 165 Andrew Nicholson: North Carolina

(31) 197 Jacob Ferreira: Rutgers

(34) 141 Wyatt Henson: Michigan

(35) 157 Avery Bassett: Pittsburgh

(36) 141 Sam Hillegas: West Virginia

Based on the number of transfers Wisconsin has gotten in the past few years you should probably pencil them getting one of these guys especially with their need at 174/184. 

Edited by chestcrusher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I think Parris is the only surefire AA.  Amine wrestles too many close matches, much like Lewan.

Amine is 2 for 2, with 3 years left.  He will start next season ranked either 3rd or 4th at 165.  Provided that he is healthy, I would say he has a very strong chance to make the podium again.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, chestcrusher said:

Based on the number of transfers Wisconsin has gotten in the past few years you should probably pencil them getting one of these guys especially with their need at 174/184. 

I really want/hope Hillegas to end up at WVU. Think he's a perfect fit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

Amine is 2 for 2, with 3 years left.  He will start next season ranked either 3rd or 4th at 165.  Provided that he is healthy, I would say he has a very strong chance to make the podium again.    

Count me in to be saying I hope he goes 5 for 5 as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TLS62pa said:

I really want/hope Hillegas to end up at WVU. Think he's a perfect fit

I complete agree….I thought Poulin would have been a great fit especially with Jordan Titus on the roster but it seems Cardinale got an extra year and is coming back …Flynn needs to hit the transfer portal hard this off-season , WVU has about 4 maybe 5 solid weights ( if Sullivan and/or Karam actually suit up for them) and the rest of their line up is not D1 big 12 material 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2022 at 4:21 PM, nhs67 said:

So how do we think this lineup pans out for UofM?

125 - Medley

133 - Ragusin

141 - Henson

149 - Lamer

157 - Lewan

165 - Amine

174 - Kennedy/Walker

184 - Finesilver/Bullock

197 - Samuelson/Rogers

285 - Parris

Honestly, a lot of potential AA in there, but onky one surefire one.

I think your forgetting Michigan gets the Harvard hwt and he redshirts a year since this year was a medical ;) or maybe Parris does a year and vice versa with the injury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2022 at 1:32 PM, ShakaAloha said:

Amine is 2 for 2, with 3 years left.  He will start next season ranked either 3rd or 4th at 165.  Provided that he is healthy, I would say he has a very strong chance to make the podium again.    

Nicely put.  I didn't think that highly of him before this year but he was very impressive and made noticeable substantial strides.  I would see him, if healthy, as more likely to make the final than to not AA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2022 at 9:43 AM, RegularStalling said:

I think 174 is out of the question for Montalvo. He really struggled down at that weight in ‘20. I also think they stand pat at 125-157. I’m still holding firm that either Courtney or Figs will transfer. If Montalvo comes over I think they give their in house options a chance at 165. Both Wilner and Norfleet had semi-respectable redshirt seasons.

I think Figs wins the 125 spot. Hope both stay, would love to see that battle. Think Teemer will stay at 157. Cael probably best suited to go 174 as the roster stands right now. Getting Montalvo would be huge. Norfleet/Wilner at 165 still creates a hole. They could make 165 respectable, but probably not a position to get points from. 
 

Any word on Finesilver destinations? Would look good in the Sun Devil lineup also. 

Edited by gobraves101905

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

I think Figs wins the 125 spot. Hope both stay, would love to see that battle. Think Teemer will stay at 157. Cael probably best suited to go 174 as the roster stands right now. Getting Montalvo would be huge. Norfleet/Wilner at 165 still creates a hole. They could make 165 respectable, but probably not a position to get points from. 
 

Any word on Finesilver destinations? Would look good in the Sun Devil lineup also. 

Zeke has a challenge to keep both guys happy but at the end of the day only one goes to the post season. I agree with your assessments- I don't think Teemer goes up. I am guessing that the Finesilvers are looking for a good academic program for a doctorate of some kind so I am not sure ASU fits that bill - but that is only my guess. Montalvo would fit in nice at 184. They definitely need to focus on the top half of their lineup with the next couple recruiting classes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Idaho said:

Zeke has a challenge to keep both guys happy but at the end of the day only one goes to the post season. I agree with your assessments- I don't think Teemer goes up. I am guessing that the Finesilvers are looking for a good academic program for a doctorate of some kind so I am not sure ASU fits that bill - but that is only my guess. Montalvo would fit in nice at 184. They definitely need to focus on the top half of their lineup with the next couple recruiting classes. 

BOTH are in the portal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Idaho said:

Zeke has a challenge to keep both guys happy but at the end of the day only one goes to the post season. I agree with your assessments- I don't think Teemer goes up. I am guessing that the Finesilvers are looking for a good academic program for a doctorate of some kind so I am not sure ASU fits that bill - but that is only my guess. Montalvo would fit in nice at 184. They definitely need to focus on the top half of their lineup with the next couple recruiting classes. 

 

They added some upper weight depth in this years class. Need make sure there are no holes in the lineup this year. Moving into their new arena this year. Filling it up nightly sure would be nice. 

Edited by gobraves101905

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...