Antitroll2828

Off-season transfer Portal

On 4/16/2022 at 8:28 PM, Antitroll2828 said:

Joe Heilman to Rutgers…idk how he fits into the line up though 

Yeah, it was definitely unexpected. It makes sense that he wants to come home especially with him being from South Plainfield and all but there is quite a logjam at 133/141 with Sammy Alvarez, Joey Olivieri, Dean Peterson, Nick Raimo, and Ada Garcia all there currently. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out. 

1 hour ago, NJW said:

Yeah, it was definitely unexpected. It makes sense that he wants to come home especially with him being from South Plainfield. 

And how close the Ashnault and Heilmann families are. Older brother Troy was on the team with Anthony.

I think Heilman goes and Olivieri Redshirts.

After next season we will re-evaluate what the lineup needs to be the following season.  A lot depends on how the youth from 149+ evolves.  A lot of solid depth down low, they could do a bump after next season, if need be.

28 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Stevo Poulin and Andrew Berreyesa to Northern Colorado

Good pickups for sure.  Do we think one of Hemauer or Berreyesa will bump up to 184 to make room for both guys?  Also what are the odds that Poulin would take Koelzer's starting spot?  They could be evenly matched.  

31 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Good pickups for sure.  Do we think one of Hemauer or Berreyesa will bump up to 184 to make room for both guys?  Also what are the odds that Poulin would take Koelzer's starting spot?  They could be evenly matched.  

I think Hemauer will go back to 165, where he started the season this last season.

Paulin or Koelzer could also bump.

38 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Wow wresltestat is quick, already has both of them on the roster.

But does look like Poulin and Koelzer have 2 common opponents: 

Melofchik of Air Force: Poulin won 7-1, Koelzer won 2-0

Molton of Campbell: Poulin won 8-1, Koelzer won 7-5.

Not necessarily because of that, but I’ll guess Poulin is their 125 next year.  Not sure if Koelzer could maybe go 133.

Edited by 1032004

On 3/25/2022 at 11:37 PM, flyingcement said:

good call.  Looks like NC State has a handful of young transfer guys which seems weird in theory - but maybe just a case of not being able to crack the lineup or feeling homesick

I had never heard of Null before this thread but he had some decent wins in redshirt this year.

Doing some Mineo style sleuthing after seeing Poulin’s announcement, I noticed one of his only NC state wrestling posts included Null in it - any chance he joins him at Northern Colorado?  Speaking of, one of Poulin’s few other posts this year included Null as well as Holden Cypher and Skylar Smith (the latter 2 didn’t have any notable results, but then again neither did Anthony Noto, another former NC State transfer who was 2-4 in 2021 and 31-3 in 2022).   A thread in a 247 forum seemed to notice that these 4 guys may have dropped off the roster around the same time - pure speculation on my part, but it seems there’s a chance that may have been due to Pop’s zero tolerance policy.  And maybe the Northern Colorado decision could’ve been helped by certain things that are legal there (not that there’s anything wrong with that if it’s legal, and again pure speculation)….

Edited by 1032004

33 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Does he go up to 157?  The starter this last year, Ryan Burgos - a RSSoph next year with three years of eligibility, beat Kemerererer 7-4 at the Dave Lehmen Opem on 1/7/22.

On 4/18/2022 at 10:04 PM, nhs67 said:

I think Hemauer will go back to 165, where he started the season this last season.

Paulin or Koelzer could also bump.

Hemauer is going into his 6th year of college with nearly 100 matches and only has ever wrestled 1 open tournament at 165. I'd say moving up to 184 where he qualified for ncaa's in 2019 is way more likely than going back to 165, which looks like it was a failed experiment.

On 4/18/2022 at 8:40 PM, nhs67 said:

Does he go up to 157?  The starter this last year, Ryan Burgos - a RSSoph next year with three years of eligibility, beat Kemerererer 7-4 at the Dave Lehmen Opem on 1/7/22.

That sounds reasonable to me.  I don't have a very close view of their roster to be honest.

14 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I guessed right on Hillegas.  It was a complete guess as well.  I always get lucky when there's no money involved

Yea you nailed this one …now they need to land an upper weight 184/197 and they should have a pretty solid dual squad next year 

1 minute ago, Mizzoufan01 said:

Micheal Beard officially in the portal. 

oh snap.

Cael must've known it was going to happen which would explain him wrestling against Nebraska because I wonder if he might've been able to get a medical redshirt otherwise.   Somewhat kidding.