OBXWrestler

Kennedy Monday Announced his top 4

47 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

If he wants to got 174, then Penn State is out of the question.  Rutgers also makes less sense with Turley coming back.

Michigan and ASU both make some sense for him.  I think it's going to be Michigan. 

Even if Turley isn't back, O'Neill went 1-2 at NCAA's at 174 this year for Rutgers.  You think he goes belly up for Monday, who went 1-2 at 2021 NCAAs at 165lbs?

Just now, Joe1288 said:

If he's coming to Penn State he isn't 174. That's a fact. Also, if he's coming to PSU he has to beat Facundo.

So?  If he is going to Penn State he wont2best Facundo.

Facundo will eat him alive  That is the worst kind if match fot Monday.

In any case just because he said Penn State it doesn't mean Penn State needs or even wants him.  A 165lber who went 1-2 last out at NCAAs and 8-7 overall on his season?  They have several better options in the room right now.

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

In any case just because he said Penn State it doesn't mean Penn State needs or even wants him.  A 165lber who went 1-2 last out at NCAAs and 8-7 overall on his season?  They have several better options in the room right now.

Facundo did not have the greatest redshirt season to be clear. Right now if they go, I think Monday is a slight favorite. Both Van Ness and Haines performed superior to Facundo. Most inside the PSU compound feel Facundo isn't actually ready yet.

4 minutes ago, Joe1288 said:

Facundo did not have the greatest redshirt season to be clear. Right now if they go, I think Monday is a slight favorite. Both Van Ness and Haines performed superior to Facundo. Most inside the PSU compound feel Facundo isn't actually ready yet.

You're all over the place there, mate.  12-3 is a solid redshirt campaign, with what he wrestled (to be clear?). 

I do suppose the 2-0 record SVN compiled throughout the entire season is a good indicator he performed superior ... ... ...

Haines had an excellent Edinboro Open.  I will give you that.

And the compound?  What are you on about there?  Zero concerns with your opinion there.  You evidently haven't seen either of them wrestle.  Facundo is the worst matchup for Monday out of the 3 or 4 165lbers that would beat him on that roster.

26 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

That's not true, Facundo was very average this year. Monday would beat him for sure. 

Saying they have several better options is honestly laughable. 

Edited by CoachWrestling

1 minute ago, CoachWrestling said:

That's not true, Facundo was very average this year. Monday would beat him for sure. 

Saying they have several better options is honestly laughable. 

False.  I would take both Lee brothers, Edsell, and Facundo over him right now.

Why do people think a guy who went 8-7 his last season will suddenly be lights out after going up another weight class and taking a season off?  Especially since it seemed obvious he HEW his last go?

Edited by nhs67

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

False.  I would take both Lee brothers, Edsell, and Facundo over him right now.

Taking Matt Lee over him is one of the worst takes I've ever seen on this site. 

Just now, nhs67 said:

Why does people think a guy who went 8-7 his last season will suddenly be lights out after going up another weight class and taking a season off?  Especially since it seemed obvious he HEW his last go?

His losses were to Mekhi Lewis (NCAA champ), Wentzel X2 (NCAA finalist), Cameron Amine (All-American ), Peyton Hall (All-American), Bullard (4X NCAA qualifier), and Keating (2-2 at NCAA's). They were basically all close losses. You're out of your mind. 

23 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

You gents understand we are talking about Kennedy and not Quincy, correct?  They are entirely different.

I would take Kennedy in order to get Quincy as a package deal...but we all know Quincy is not leaving Princeton.

Agree with what you said that KM is not an upgrade for PSU at 165.  I brought that point up in the other thread discussing him.

7 minutes ago, IGotAPlan said:

So interesting question, does he actually have eligibility? Technically would have been a senior this past year, if he unenrolled, would he still have eligibility? 

Yes.  He deferred a year is all.  A lot of gents have done something similar the last couple of odd years.

21 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

Taking Matt Lee over him is one of the worst takes I've ever seen on this site.

At least it isn't as bad as saying that Ethan Smith hasn't improved since arriving in CBus.

22 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

His losses were to Mekhi Lewis (NCAA champ), Wentzel X2 (NCAA finalist), Cameron Amine (All-American ), Peyton Hall (All-American), Bullard (4X NCAA qualifier), and Keating (2-2 at NCAA's). They were basically all close losses. You're out of your mind. 

I understand who his losses were to and how.  Nothing he did inspires me to believe that, after a year off mind you, he will be better than the 5th best potential 165lber in that room.  Keep in mind if he is saying he wants to go 174, then it likely means either he got BIG or he doesn't want to put the work in to be a successful 165lber.  How do either of those inspire anybody to believe he will beat out Facundo?

4 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

I would take Kennedy in order to get Quincy as a package deal...but we all know Quincy is not leaving Princeton.

Agree with what you said that KM is not an upgrade for PSU at 165.  I brought that point up in the other thread discussing him.

in that scenario I would agree as well.  Does it create issues if Kennedy does not 'earn' the starting spot, though?

7 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Yes.  He deferred a year is all.  A lot of gents have done something similar the last couple of odd years.

At least it isn't as bad as saying that Ethan Smith hasn't improved since arriving in CBus.

I understand who his losses were to and how.  Nothing he did inspires me to believe that, after a year off mind you, he will be better than the 5th best potential 165lber in that room.  Keep in mind if he is saying he wants to go 174, then it likely means either he got BIG or he doesn't want to put the work in to be a successful 165lber.  How do either of those inspire anybody to believe he will beat out Facundo?

Facundo lost to Caleb Fish and Maryland's 2nd string 165. MARYLAND's second string. Facundo wouldn't have even qualified for NCAA's. How can you actually be making this argument??

Edited by CoachWrestling

I could see Rutgers as an option in this scenario:

165: O'Neill (Clark redshirts)

174: Monday

184: Turley (Janzer?)

197: Poz (Janzer, if Poz redshirts)

Janzer likely ends up odd man out.  Not sure Turley would be big enough for 184.  He was 165 the season before he AAd (2020).

Just now, nhs67 said:

I could see Rutgers as an option in this scenario:

165: O'Neill (Clark redshirts)

174: Monday

184: Turley (Janzer?)

197: Poz (Janzer, if Poz redshirts)

Janzer likely ends up odd man out.  Not sure Turley would be big enough for 184.  He was 165 the season before he AAd (2020).

Do you think KM is a fit in that room?  Michigan and ASU are the only two schools that make sense imo.  PSU probably doesn't want him unless he is getting no money and no guarantees of a spot in the lineup.