Sign in to follow this  
Tripster

WTTs brackets (How likely is Dake vs Taylor?)

Dake has a tough road to the world team. He'll have to go through (1) Paulson; (2) Taylor or Fay or Vallimont; and (3) Howe or whoever comes out of the bottom bracket. After all that, then he gets Burroughs. And if he gets by Burroughs, THEN he has to outplace him at an international tournament.

Dake has a tough road to the world team. He'll have to go through (1) Paulson; (2) Taylor or Fay or Vallimont; and (3) Howe or whoever comes out of the bottom bracket. After all that, then he gets Burroughs. And if he gets by Burroughs, THEN he has to outplace him at an international tournament.

I think it's a tough road for anyone to make the world team out of that bracket.

are seeds 9-11 automatically in pigtails? Is that how it works?

if Dake beats Paulson-- could be his toughest match-- we know he is capable of beating Taylor, and he can certainly beat Fay or any of the non-seeded. Obviously JB is tough to beat. But that'll be a good problem for Dake to have if he gets that far.

Do you think Dake gets by Paulson?

Can Simmons be a problem for anyone at 60?

No Varner at 96.

All good questions.

I asked about Varner in another post and did not get an informative answer, just that he's taking a little break. I'm pretty sure he'll be back in competition.

Paulson is the last guy to beat Dake. He's a season veteran and the new rules do not favor Dake's style of wrestling. I think Dake wins this one but if Paulson wins you can safely say you have a Paulson on his game and all bets are off for the remainder of the days competition at 74kg.

When I saw Simmons in the bracket it became my dark horse pick of the day. When Nick Simmons starts throwing his crazy funk at you there's really no telling what will happen. He can throw with the best of them and has veteran experience to throw at Stieber if he gets past Scott. Humphrey loves to throw too. A Simmons Humphrey championship final, however unlikely, could get a little crazy.