TBar1977

Calling for a Dual Team Champion Prior to Cael Winning Titles at Penn State

The best part is, if Cael came out tomorrow and said he fully supports a NCAA National Dual Meet Team Championship, how quickly would TBar flip on this?  Meanwhile, Brands has been just as much against the dual format as Cael has been and the dirty Iowa fans on here are still in support of the dual format.  Go figure...

what's so strange about your obsession is that you seem to not have much faith in Cael. you don't think he would be just as dominant in a dual format? you don't think he would adjust his team building strategy at all? cael isn't capable of building a national championship dual team? if you say so....

7 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

what's so strange about your obsession is that you seem to not have much faith in Cael. you don't think he would be just as dominant in a dual format? you don't think he would adjust his team building strategy at all? cael isn't capable of building a national championship dual team? if you say so....

Sanderson is the best coach and pretty much every Penn State fan is pleased as punch with his performance, myself included. 

Just now, TBar1977 said:

Sanderson is the best coach and pretty much every Penn State fan is pleased as punch with his performance, myself included. 

doesn't even remotely address the comment? you have some comprehension issues?

do you not think cael would be just as dominant in a dual format? he is the best coach for sure. i'm pretty sure most of us don't think he would struggle with duals. he would tailor his team building to the format of the championships, just like he does now. and he would still dominate recruiting because individual recruits still want to win individual titles and he's been the best at that.

the question comes down to what you think is a better measure of a team: strength across every weight or 4-5 ultra dominant wrestlers? please answer that. either way, cael is still going to win titles.

8 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

doesn't even remotely address the comment? you have some comprehension issues?

do you not think cael would be just as dominant in a dual format? he is the best coach for sure. i'm pretty sure most of us don't think he would struggle with duals. he would tailor his team building to the format of the championships, just like he does now. and he would still dominate recruiting because individual recruits still want to win individual titles and he's been the best at that.

the question comes down to what you think is a better measure of a team: strength across every weight or 4-5 ultra dominant wrestlers? please answer that. either way, cael is still going to win titles.

You insulted me with your prior post..."what's so strange about your obsession is.." 

You do so again in this post... "you have some comprehension issues?"

Why are you left wondering why I respond to you in the manner that I do? 

6 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

here's a thought @TBar1977: can you articulate why you think the tournament is a better format to determine the team title than duals without just saying "you're all jealous of penn state?"

Sure I can. Why should I, though? It isn't like your proposals are going anywhere. Wild Goose Chase. 

Edited by TBar1977

Cael had just won NCAA titles in 2011 & 2012, yet had losing dual records vs Minny, Iowa, and Okie St.  You have to look no further than this for his temper tantrum after losing the Dual title proposal vote 36 to 39.

Remember that this was just a proposal to the NCAA Championship Cabinet that had to be "thoroughly reviewed and discussed by conference commissioners, athletic administrators, NCAA staff members, and ultimately a group of Presidents".  Yet Cael campaigned to kill this process despite losing  the majority vote. Remind you of anyone?

14 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

do you think there are any valid reasons to prefer duals other than hating penn state?

I think it doesn't really matter, quite frankly. It is an internet thread, not a movement. 

I don't have a favorite team that I root for (in general I support underdogs) and think a dual team championship would be a good idea.

Not everything in college wrestling revolves around Iowa and Penn State, some fans jsut like to see excting matches and a good dual match with everything on the line would be fantastic

I don't see why we cannot have both.  Even if we were to want to change/shorten the official season to starting in January, we could get a lot of wrestling in.

Take the conference champions then however many wildcards, based off a format similar to the current individual at-large selections, so we get to 8.  2 day tournament, seeded - again using similar formula to what we do for individuals.  Day 1 is first round and semifinals.  Day 3 is finals televized live on ESPN.

Conferences.  2 weeks later Individuals.  2 weeks later Team.  Or team then individuals.