TBar1977

Calling for a Dual Team Champion Prior to Cael Winning Titles at Penn State

21 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I don't see why we cannot have both.  Even if we were to want to change/shorten the official season to starting in January, we could get a lot of wrestling in.

Take the conference champions then however many wildcards, based off a format similar to the current individual at-large selections, so we get to 8.  2 day tournament, seeded - again using similar formula to what we do for individuals.  Day 1 is first round and semifinals.  Day 3 is finals televized live on ESPN.

Conferences.  2 weeks later Individuals.  2 weeks later Team.  Or team then individuals.

I like where your head is at, but for the sake of travel, limiting weigh ins and inclusion, I really like a 2 weekend format with 4 regions allowing for 16 teams.  Seed it formally and and put the 4 bracket quadrants in the most geographically convenient location. Much like how the Men’s basketball tournament is set up in 4 brackets 1/4 the teams…

Here is Mark Branch's bio at the University of Wyoming:

https://gowyo.com/sports/wrestling/roster/coaches/mark-branch/2638

"As a member of the OSU coaching staff, Branch was named the NWCA Assistant Coach of the Year in 2004. He helped coach OSU to seven Big XII Championships, four NCAA Championships and three Dual Team Championships."

Are those "Dual Team Championships" just referring to Big XII?   Interestingly, the Big XII "Record Book" only lists "Regular Season" team champions in 2012 and 2013 (both OSU) - https://big12sports.com/documents/2021/9/9/442_464_Wrestling_Complete_.pdf?path=wrestling

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Why do you keep commenting on the threads then?

Same reason I climb mountains. Because they are there. They just beg to have someone stand on top of them. Threads beg for comment. It is their purpose. 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Same reason I climb mountains. Because they are there. They just beg to have someone stand on top of them. Threads beg for comment. It is their purpose. 

So why don't you answer the question of why do you think the individual tournament is a better format for determining the team champion?

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

So why don't you answer the question of why do you think the individual tournament is a better format for determining the team champion?

The answer would be lengthy and I don't have the time or inclination. I will do so if this actually becomes a real thing, which I give incredibly short odds on that happening. 

7 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

The answer is very short and simple for him actually.....Because Cael said so!

10 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

The answer is very short and simple for him actually.....Because Cael said so!

Lol. 

I remember when Iowa fans called him a deserter. Called him a quitter. Said he'd never win anything and that they had run him out of Iowa. 

Good luck next year, Hawkeye. More of the same will likely be served on Saturday night. 

26 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Lol. 

I remember when Iowa fans called him a deserter. Called him a quitter. Said he'd never win anything and that they had run him out of Iowa. 

Good luck next year, Hawkeye. More of the same will likely be served on Saturday night. 

I can say I definitely wasn't one of those.  I knew he was going to be a monster at PSU, as long as they were all in and the contract he signed was a pretty good indication that they were.  Once Casey settled in I was 100% certain they were going to be very hard to beat.  Make no mistake, if Casey leaves, you will have a very hard time staying where you are.

Also, how many times have I said Cael is the best coach on here or HR?  I may very well have said it more than you...

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Lol. 

He did quit on his team and even he knew he had to get out of Iowa because he would have never won at Iowa St.  If he thought he could win, he would have stayed. ISU would have found the money to pay him, they have money but he himself knew he could not win at Iowa St.  I love how you push this agenda that Iowa fans didn't think he would win at PSU, I think most Iowa fans where scared that he would win at PSU but you are doing what you normally do and play PSU as the victims.  All Iowa fans knew he would win at PSU.

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I don't see why we cannot have both.  Even if we were to want to change/shorten the official season to starting in January, we could get a lot of wrestling in.

Take the conference champions then however many wildcards, based off a format similar to the current individual at-large selections, so we get to 8.  2 day tournament, seeded - again using similar formula to what we do for individuals.  Day 1 is first round and semifinals.  Day 3 is finals televized live on ESPN.

Conferences.  2 weeks later Individuals.  2 weeks later Team.  Or team then individuals.

because wrestling leadership is stupid and won't do the sensible thing and have a season that has any semblance of sense. 

both National Duals and the individual NCAA tournament are never going to work during the same semester. nor should anyone try to force it upon them. 

2 hours ago, Twooooo said:

He did quit on his team and even he knew he had to get out of Iowa because he would have never won at Iowa St.  If he thought he could win, he would have stayed. ISU would have found the money to pay him, they have money but he himself knew he could not win at Iowa St.  I love how you push this agenda that Iowa fans didn't think he would win at PSU, I think most Iowa fans where scared that he would win at PSU but you are doing what you normally do and play PSU as the victims.  All Iowa fans knew he would win at PSU.

Not playing PSU as victims, just outright mocking Iowa fans who said dumb things. 

Edited by TBar1977

So far.. we have the tbar

1. Being asked a direct question and refusing to answer either because he’ll be wrong or he’s lazy

2. Him sniveling out of responsibility and accountability 

3. Talking about Cael as his “dear leader”

4. Having a “you people” attitude towards anyone who’s not a PSU fan.. 

God it paints a picture.

As far as national duals.. it’d have to be split into semesters to actually get coaches full commitment.

Responsibilty and accountability? Lmao, this is a message board full of non sensical ideas and you act like it is a place for official inquiries like the world court.

Keep crying that the system is unfair. 

On 3/30/2022 at 2:27 PM, JasonBryant said:

Threads prior to 2010 do not exist on this board. That's when the forum software moved to this format and the user accounts were ported over, but the posts themselves were not. 

He knows that...  

We have already had this discussion.  Here is his posts from 2015 where he asked the same question and I provided links to the old board and you mentioned the plans were written years before the vote.

54 minutes ago, Pinnum said:

He knows that...  

We have already had this discussion.  Here is his posts from 2015 where he asked the same question and I provided links to the old board and you mentioned the plans were written years before the vote.

2015? I can barely remember what happened last week.

3 hours ago, Pinnum said:

He knows that...  

The fact that @TBar1977 has already made (and been demolished) on the same arguments is almost tragic.  The Grand Anti-Penn State Conspiracy lives on, though.

8 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Responsibilty and accountability? Lmao, this is a message board full of non sensical ideas and you act like it is a place for official inquiries like the world court.

Keep crying that the system is unfair. 

Eh I just like watching you do the exact opposite of what you preach. Because along with certain views you’ve expressed. The hypocrisy is quite amusing. Especially with that last lil comment. 
And with your immediate jumping to “you people” type statements 

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

The fact that @TBar1977 has already made (and been demolished) on the same arguments is almost tragic.  The Grand Anti-Penn State Conspiracy lives on, though.

Wait, wut? I thought you never gave me a thought? Oh, I forgot, only elsewhere. Btw, that 2015 thread was a hoot! Love the part about how the NCAA would swoop in and fix things. Lol. 

Wait, wut? I thought you never gave me a thought? Oh, I forgot, only elsewhere. Btw, that 2015 thread was a hoot! Love the part about how the NCAA would swoop in and fix things. Lol. 
Dude, are you having a stroke?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk