Sign in to follow this  
youngotti

TP & Esco unleash next single

The music supporting the lyrics in this is real good. Great rhythm and beat!

I am still not getting into the rap part. But overall, I can definitely listen to this.

Trip, try to appreciate what they are trying to do.

Envision them finding a more national audience with a top 5 or even No. 1 hit one day.

They could open up before some All-Star Classic tournament and draw huge numbers of otherwise non-wrestling fans.

Well maybe.

JC

youngotti, A lot of the kids I coach love your music, and I love what you are doing for the sport. I am personally not in to this sort of music, but that doesnt mean i have to be an old fart and put down someone who is trying to help the sport. Keep doing what you are doing buddy.

What a load of crap. The current equivalent to the Trashmen and Surfin' Bird?

That, shockingly, is much more thought provoking than this drivel. It was also recorded during one of the most diverse and creative periods of music ever to happen.

You don't like it ... I think you've made that point abundantly clear. Others might feel differently. Others do feel differently.

I just don't like the idea of our sport being associated with the type of people hip hop is generally associated with. And before anyone jumps on my case, I mean lowlives, thugs and other assorted criminals. It's too bad Waylon Jennings died. But hey we have Garth Brooks still who is/was a big supporter of wrestling.

Premise of the initial shot wasnt about music at all. I think many find the Biebs and Taylor Swift awful too. Doesn't mean they don't sell a lot of albums.

Some people just go out of their way to dog TP & Esco because they're basically afraid of hip hop. Pretty clear pattern.

It's still only one persons opinion on what is or isn't terrible. I don't like a bunch of bands others adore ... I might think they're terrible but I'm not a music expert qualified to make a certifiable claim of what is or isn't terrible.

LemonPie's reason is a clear personal opinion. TripNSweep's reason was opinion on the surface but a little more rooted in a stereotype based on the woefully out of touch claim about what hip hop represents in his eyes.

I like some of it and I don't like some of it .... just like nearly every album I own. Even Nirvana, one of my favorite bands has songs I don't like on amazing albums

To each is own but some clearly like to beat these two up more than others ... what are you doing to bring attention to wrestling? They're doin something ... like it or not.

TripNSweep's reason was opinion on the surface but a little more rooted in a stereotype based on the woefully out of touch claim about what hip hop represents in his eyes.

The only venue for live hip hop in the city I live in was forcibly closed by the city and police department and the owners were threatened with legal action if they attempted to reopen it. The reason was because of the numerous times the police had to visit due to people attracted to that type of music getting out of control and the violent crimes being committed. The straw that finally broke the camel's back was a double homicide that occurred during a live show in the parking lot. I wouldn't call that a stereotype at all. The owners may have actually been sued by one or both of the victim's families for not doing anything to curb violent behavior in the past when the police repeatedly warned them about this happening. If you want to call it a stereotype, fine, but it's a reality. I only live about 2 miles from where this place was, so I'm well aware of the kinds of people hip hop generally attracts.

... and this has zero to do with anything related to TP & Esco. Broad strokes

Obviously not, but hip hop seems to attract more violent and thuggish people than most other genres of music. That's something you can't really dispute. I never hear of anyone getting shot to death in the parking lot of a ZZ Top concert.

Another thing Tripnsweep will shelter his kids from. Garth brooks and tennis yes...Jay Z and wrestling never! I have a feeling you might want to look into something called homeschooling.

Or a school without wrestling but great tennis. :D