Riz23

Wyatt Henson

1 minute ago, Riz23 said:

After 1 year at Iowa at 141 he is in the portal, he’s a PA kid where does he end up? 

I would like to see him back home at Mizzou. However, I’m not sure A) he would come home or B) and I say this lightly, we have room. Obviously he was a top recruit and is a great addition wherever he goes. Mizzou has multiple recruits in this recent class and next projected to be 141/149. Plus Hart, Edmond and Mauller all have time left. 

7 minutes ago, Mizzoufan01 said:

I would like to see him back home at Mizzou. However, I’m not sure A) he would come home or B) and I say this lightly, we have room. Obviously he was a top recruit and is a great addition wherever he goes. Mizzou has multiple recruits in this recent class and next projected to be 141/149. Plus Hart, Edmond and Mauller all have time left. 

It looks like wherever he goes, he’s not gonna sit a year. He could have done that at Iowa 

2 minutes ago, Riz23 said:

It looks like wherever he goes, he’s not gonna sit a year. He could have done that at Iowa 

Bingo.   Not sure the mindset on this one.   Real Woods comes in and has 1 year total.  Is it a worried about possibly getting  beat for the spot?   Hell, go to UALR and help them out.   Lot of programs would love to have him. 

1 minute ago, Swayz said:

Bingo.   Not sure the mindset on this one.   Real Woods comes in and has 1 year total.  Is it a worried about possibly getting  beat for the spot?   Hell, go to UALR and help them out.   Lot of programs would love to have him. 

Just looking at his record wtc. Henson himself is a borderline AA right now and Woods is just an AA as well.

Henson is a stud who feels disrespected IMO 

Bummer. I don't like recruiting over commits but it's been proven that at the top level that's what you gotta do. PSU and Iowa have done it. I'm not sure if Carter Young was technically brought in over someone at OKST? I suppose Orndorf was brought in over Gas tank. Essentially, I don't like it but thats the way things are going now

1 hour ago, Riz23 said:

Just looking at his record wtc. Henson himself is a borderline AA right now and Woods is just an AA as well.

I like Henson a lot but he doesn't have enough resume to put him at borderline AA yet. 

Michigan could really use him and I don’t think he would have a problem earning the starting spot at 141 there. Swiderski is going to be really tough to beat out at ISU and I am not sure how to gauge Hardy with Red finally graduated. 

1 hour ago, Riz23 said:

Agreed.  He wrestled 20 matches in redshirt and only lost to Allan Hart and Andrew Alirez.  Wish him the best at his next stop.

1 hour ago, BLT said:

They should especially note it when considering PSU. 

Have any of the more notable recent PSU guys that "got recruited over" even transferred?  I think Beard and Nevills being the two most obvious that stayed. 

Teske wasn't really recruited over for example.  I guess maybe Verkleeren but he had been there for 4 years.

Edited by 1032004

I hate to say it but as a coach you should be trying to recruit over your team every year. There are times when it is not possible but you should if you want to stay employed. It is too bad for the kids that commit to you but your job is really to be the best and if Iowa believe Real Woods makes them better than Wyatt Henson they should get him. It is bad for competition if a handful of teams get all the top guys but that is a fact of life and will only become more prevalent now that college sports has free agency. 

51 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Bummer. I don't like recruiting over commits but it's been proven that at the top level that's what you gotta do. PSU and Iowa have done it. I'm not sure if Carter Young was technically brought in over someone at OKST? I suppose Orndorf was brought in over Gas tank. Essentially, I don't like it but thats the way things are going now

Didn't like OSU bringing in Orndorff over fan-favorite Gas Tank Gary but i'm glad he found success at another OSU.

Best of luck to Henson wherever he chooses to go. 

24 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

...liked by Gabe Arnold...hmmm

Yeah, but he also retweeted the Real transfer news and such.  I dunno that this would be some kind of deal breaker for him.  Kids support their friends..