Riz23

Wyatt Henson

1 hour ago, Riz23 said:

Just looking at his record wtc. Henson himself is a borderline AA right now and Woods is just an AA as well.

Henson is a stud who feels disrespected IMO 

33 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Agreed.  He wrestled 20 matches in redshirt and only lost to Allan Hart and Andrew Alirez.  Wish him the best at his next stop.

But, did you guys look at who the other 18 matches were?  They treated him with serious kid gloves until the Scuffle.  He was wrestling only in the freshmen/sophomore brackets until the Scuffle.  Quinn Kinner is legitimately his ONLY win of note.

Do I think he was/is going to be pretty damn good?  Sure.  Am I sure he is likely to challenge to AA his 1st attached season?  Not so sure...

43 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Two.

My apologies,  the COVID Shirt thing....  but,  you either have to beat him in the room or as an opponent on another team,  guess better not play guessing game on if you will be the starter and move on?  

13 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

But, did you guys look at who the other 18 matches were?  They treated him with serious kid gloves until the Scuffle.  He was wrestling only in the freshmen/sophomore brackets until the Scuffle.  Quinn Kinner is legitimately his ONLY win of note.

Do I think he was/is going to be pretty damn good?  Sure.  Am I sure he is likely to challenge to AA his 1st attached season?  Not so sure...

It’s a bold prediction on my part but losing to Alirez 1-0 tells me that with another year of college training he’s not far from being an All American himself. 

4 minutes ago, RoosterAttack said:

Highly doubt it they have there 141 of the future who beat there ncaa finalist this year in the wrestle off

YEP!.  MacNeill is a stud! 

5 minutes ago, Riz23 said:

It’s a bold prediction on my part but losing to Alirez 1-0 tells me that with another year of college training he’s not far from being an All American himself. 

But, did you watch that 1-0 battle?  He did solid at defending, but he also didn't come close to scoring and avoided going on the mat.  If it were 8-7, I would tend to agree with you.  But, 1-0, when you are the one that scores the ZERO, isn't that compelling of an argument...

Now, that doesn't mean I don't think he will be good.  He has the pedigree and wrestles hard.  I expect him to make the podium before his career is done, but I am not sure he is ready quite yet.

Edited by MSU158

I think he wants to go somewhere where he can slide right into the 141 spot since I think he could have started in 2024 if Real Woods moves to 149 so that might rule out Missouri actually with Allan Hart there. 

8 minutes ago, Riz23 said:

Paying a large sum for a non NCAA champion definitely sends the wrong message to a top recruit.

What does this mean? People keep talking about transfers essentially getting paid via NIL deals. How exactly does this work?

29 minutes ago, Katie said:

What does this mean? People keep talking about transfers essentially getting paid via NIL deals. How exactly does this work?

HWC throws him some coin - Bitcoin since he probably has no use for boomer money.

I think it's funny because not long ago Sammie posted something on Facebook about how if you don't make the team or whatever you just work harder to achieve your goal and seemed to deride the transfer game. 

10 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

I think it's funny because not long ago Sammie posted something on Facebook about how if you don't make the team or whatever you just work harder to achieve your goal and seemed to deride the transfer game. 

Do you blame the kid? Doesn’t matter what he does or if he beats Woods 200k reasons say Woods is the 141 pounder for the next 2 years… 

10 hours ago, Riz23 said:

Do you blame the kid? Doesn’t matter what he does or if he beats Woods 200k reasons say Woods is the 141 pounder for the next 2 years… 

I don't buy this argument.  If the 200k number is even real, whoever spent it wants to win.   They want to put the best lineup out there, so if Henson was better, he would've started. 

3 hours ago, TheHeel said:

I bet you his daddy wants to be on staff somewhere. Look for him to land somewhere with a vacancy at lightweight coach or with a good RTC position available. 

You say that like it's a bad thing.  Sammy is a 2x NCAA Champ, Olympic Silver, and World Champ.  He has better credentials that 99% of the guys coaching in Div. I.  

13 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

You say that like it's a bad thing.  Sammy is a 2x NCAA Champ, Olympic Silver, and World Champ.  He has better credentials that 99% of the guys coaching in Div. I.  

I didn't say it like its a bad thing at all! Not many people are qualified to coach at that level and he sure is. Henson is a stud and so is Wyatt. Even if they are from missourah...

20 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Although I don't think either is in super high demand, I say it is a very bad thing if they are only available as a package deal.