App State Coach JohnMark Bentley says Millner was being recruited at NCAA's

29 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Dang it, did anybody listen to Willie's show, I can't listen right now at work.  He indicated in his tweet he'd be naming names on who was being turned in to compliance.

Yes Willie has been saying names have been turned into the NCAA, coaches have had enough of the money backed programs poaching kids. 

All I gotta say is Iowa better know that their stuff with Woods can’t be traced to contacting him before he was in the portal. Because even with NIL, you cannot contact players who are not in the portal. 

5 minutes ago, Riz23 said:

Yes Willie has been saying names have been turned into the NCAA, coaches have had enough of the money backed programs poaching kids. 

All I gotta say is Iowa better know that their stuff with Woods can’t be traced to contacting him before he was in the portal. Because even with NIL, you cannot contact players who are not in the portal. 

Skpetical that top programs would attempt blatant poaching in this venue.   But it is a tight community and easy enough to invite a great competitor to come visit and train at the RTC for freestyle without it being poaching relating to NCAA regulations.  RTC recruitment is not prohibitted by NCAA recruitrement limitations. 

2 minutes ago, Elevator said:

Skpetical that top programs would attempt blatant poaching in this venue.   But it is a tight community and easy enough to invite a great competitor to come visit and train at the RTC for freestyle without it being poaching relating to NCAA regulations.  RTC recruitment is not prohibitted by NCAA recruitrement limitations. 

Woods went into the portal with a “do not contact” attached to him. He had a deal worked out before he hit the portal.

the real question here isn’t whether they broke the rules or not it’s proving it. 

39 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Dang it, did anybody listen to Willie's show, I can't listen right now at work.  He indicated in his tweet he'd be naming names on who was being turned in to compliance.

Per @Husker_Du, Michigan and Iowa. 3rd parties reportedly reaching out to current athletes that are not in the portal suggesting that if they do enter the portal there could be some sort of deal worked out.  

7 minutes ago, Riz23 said:

Woods went into the portal with a “do not contact” attached to him. He had a deal worked out before he hit the portal.

the real question here isn’t whether they broke the rules or not it’s proving it. 

It was a very short time between the news he was in the portal to the commitment to Iowa.

Per @Husker_Du, Michigan and Iowa. 3rd parties reportedly reaching out to current athletes that are not in the portal suggesting that if they do enter the portal there could be some sort of deal worked out.  
Dang it. Obviously can't be surprised they're the ones implicated given the fact they just got the biggest transfer. Wait and see now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, RealAmericanHero said:

If these allegations against Iowa & Michigan are true and verifiable, then the schools in question should suffer serious consequences. Can't have this type of thing.

Additionally, if the only schools proven to be engaged and benefiting from such practices hail from the same conference, then possibly the conference should suffer too. I'm just typing out loud here. This could be a step too far.

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Dang it. Obviously can't be surprised they're the ones implicated given the fact they just got the biggest transfer. Wait and see now.

Actually, Willie said it has nothing at all to do with Real Woods. 

He also mentioned specifically that a team was trying to poach Buchanan from Wyoming.  Pretty obvious that would be Michigan.  

Last thing he said was that there are other schools doing the same thing that he's heard of but hasn't yet heard that it's risen to the level of someone reporting it.  

Edited by steamboat_charlie v2

2 minutes ago, RealAmericanHero said:

If these allegations against Iowa & Michigan are true and verifiable, then the schools in question should suffer serious consequences. Can't have this type of thing.

Absolutely 100% ! It's tampering and a "recruiting violation" of sorts. Remember Ok. State?  I am a Michigan fan, but this sort of stuff is bad for wrestling ... This is exactly what I posted yesterday - that we would see more plucking of good talent that has been developed by a mid/low tier teams because of NIL money that can be offered. 

1 hour ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Actually, Willie said it has nothing at all to do with Real Woods. 

He also mentioned specifically that a team was trying to poach Buchanan from Wyoming.  Pretty obvious that would be Michigan.  

Last thing he said was that there are other schools doing the same thing that he's heard of but hasn't yet heard that it's risen to the level of someone reporting it.  

Why is it obvious that would be Michigan?  Or just because apparently only Iowa and Michigan were mentioned?

12 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

That's from Willie?

No it’s just another rumor I saw floating around, booster is named in it as well. 

The Iowa implication for this general topic is said booster contacted Woods before he was in the portal. 

Edited by Riz23

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

Why is it obvious that would be Michigan?  Or just because apparently only Iowa and Michigan were mentioned?

I put on my Sherlock Holmes hat and did some deducing of my own.  

Iowa doesn't need a 197.  Michigan does.  Willie talked to Mark Branch.  Mark Branch is reporting Michigan for reaching out to Buchanan. 

Bormet will claim ignorance.  But Bormet is Colonel Jessup.  He ordered the code red.  

Get Cruise on the case.  

48 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Good! If teams are throwing NIL money around to recruit kids not in the portal, they need to be held responsible.

Yeah, it will be just like Men's basketball...

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-infractions-case-bill-self-kansas-title-game-190251008.html

NCAA in a nutshell: Bill Self, Kansas win national title with infractions case still pending.

Bill Self, Kansas could win title with case still pending