• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 IronChef

IronChef

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

Is anyone else watching and having a lot of choppy video and buffering? I'm trying to determine if the problem is my internet connection or if it's more widespread.

When it works, it's great, minus the typically crappy announcers.

#2 sockobuw

sockobuw

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:48 AM

had the same problem, restarted and changed from safari to firefox.

#3 bwh27

bwh27

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:50 AM

I am screaming at my computer having missed that whole Taylor-Dake scramble -- closed everything else on the computer! Sent this from my phone. I wouldn't complain about the stream if I weren't paying $20/month. They need to increase their bandwidth for big events like this.

#4 Ohio_Wrestling_Admin

Ohio_Wrestling_Admin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

I don't mean to be one of those chronically unhappy people (and I don't believe that I am) but this broadcast just plain f#cking sucks. Probably saw 10% of Logan's match and 5% of Taylor-Dake, the rest of the time I am looking a frozen picture. I have tried it on two computers, and one of them is fresh out of the box, so it's not an issue on my end. Straight up, I am getting no more out of it than if I'd watched the scores on track wrestling.

I have absolutely no problem with Flo charging people for the service they provide, but right now they are charging people and providing almost zero service.

#5 Ohio_Wrestling_Admin

Ohio_Wrestling_Admin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:06 AM

In fairness, let me add to the above that it does work better (though not great) for the less high profile matches (a bandwidth issue I presume). But if it doesn't work for the matches that we really want to see, what's the point?

#6 Frank_Rizzo

Frank_Rizzo

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:09 AM

I'm on a computer with a lightning fast internet connection and it's buffering like crazy, regardless of which browser I use. Not acceptable.

"I don't like the sport of wrestling as you know.  It's a low sport.  And I don't like to see you being low."

#7 sockobuw

sockobuw

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

after restarting and changing browser mine has not buffered. the first hour it buffered every ten seconds for me.

#8 NJDan

NJDan

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:36 AM

it's not you, it's them.

#9 superfluidity

superfluidity

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:54 AM

I too have had issues, but it worked itself out

#10 IronChef

IronChef

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

After my initial post I switched from Chrome to Firefox on a MacBook Air and had no trouble for the last of the wrestling, including Howe vs Dake. I hope that continues in the finals.

#11 Ryan

Ryan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

USA Wrestling is all in with these guys. Maybe Flo can invest a few more dollars to catch up to the 21st century technology?

To even have a discussion about streaming issues for such a huge, and well-hyped event, is a sad commentary for our sport. I have very little faith in Flo as they have the monopoly now and very little incentive to provide top-notch service.

Me. I stopped being a customer of theirs. I'll follow the scores and check YT down the road.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users