NJDan

Bill Farrell in Iowa

38 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Did you give this post any thought whatsoever? Reece is a coach not a fan. He's speaking for the coaches and athletes. Coaches and athletes COULD drive in from anywhere. Do you think they really want to sit in a car/van for a day or two without the ability to train? No, they want to fly

I like to fly, pretty sure every time I've gone to a wrestling event in Iowa I've flown in direct, cheaper than New York ... but ymmv.  :)

PS: also flew in for a Humphrey wrestling practice east side of Indy, not sure why they had it in Indiana versus NY, only thing to do there was practice.  :(

Edited by ionel

On 5/10/2022 at 9:10 AM, ionel said:

Expensive from where?  Most folks can drive to Iowa.  What kind've things is there "not much to do?"  Folks go to watch wrestling, most wrestling fans are former wrestlers so still watching/cutting weight (think there's a thread about it), correct?  ;)  So what do we need? 

Iowa is fine for national tournaments.  If you lived in Dagestan or Yokohama, would you be interested in going to a lower tier tournament in Coralville?  Does NYC or Vegas change the equation?

4 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Iowa is fine for national tournaments.  If you lived in Dagestan or Yokohama, would you be interested in going to a lower tier tournament in Coralville?  Does NYC or Vegas change the equation?

Absolutely.  Both as a fan and from a theoretical competitor's P.O.V.

Iowa may mean a lot to us, but it isn't revered worldwide.  Vegas and NYC are.  Coralville is the 22nd most populated city in Iowa. 

What is there to enjoy about a possible US visit, in what could be their only US visit?

37 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Absolutely.  Both as a fan and from a theoretical competitor's P.O.V.

Iowa may mean a lot to us, but it isn't revered worldwide.  Vegas and NYC are.  Coralville is the 22nd most populated city in Iowa. 

What is there to enjoy about a possible US visit, in what could be their only US visit?

Tell me you don't like corn and I'll call you a liar!

11 hours ago, AnklePicker said:

Love corn, and one thing I know for sure is that New Jersey’s corn is better than Iowa’s!

I feel like you may have clicked the c key by mistake in corn.  I’m sure those Jersey women have some real wild stuff they put on film when compared to Iowa.