Sign in to follow this  
Major Kong

Who takes James Green's spot?

2 hours ago, dmm53 said:

Good for him. Retires as top dog in the USA at 70 kg and still looked great against Zain just last month! I’ve always felt for him as he is true tweener. At his age in 2024, the cut to 65 would have been brutal! So I’m glad he made the call now to move into the coaching world. He’s always seemed like good dude so I’m sure he will do well!

33 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I do believe Zain is the most logical choice to make it out of WTT.  I just have to root for Pantaleo.

Zain’s owned Pantaleo since you could only get 3 back points. I appreciate your rooting for the underdog, though.

59511724-813D-461E-94CA-847E9AB48B48.jpeg

10 hours ago, moodybooty said:

Zain’s owned Pantaleo since you could only get 3 back points. I appreciate your rooting for the underdog, though.

59511724-813D-461E-94CA-847E9AB48B48.jpeg

Huh?

You are counting mat folkstyle wrestling down at 149?

You are going to be disappointed at how good Pantaleo has gotten (What other US 70 KG guy has beaten Green more than once at 70kg?).

44 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Great pick, and I'd love to see it, but I thought there were posts about Carr looking to make the permanent move to 74kg? 

Carr has gone on record saying not 'IF' but 'WHEN' he makes the move to 165lbs for NCAA Folkstyle.  To me that makes me think he isn't going back to 70kg.

10 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Carr has gone on record saying not 'IF' but 'WHEN' he makes the move to 165lbs for NCAA Folkstyle.  To me that makes me think he isn't going back to 70kg.

Oh really?  Help a brother out.  Did he say when?  

Just now, treep2000 said:

Oh really?  Help a brother out.  Did he say when?  

No.  It is bugging the crap out of me, too, because I want to see him and the guys close to his age (Teemer, Lee, Sasso) give real goes at the Olympic weights, but they seem content with not acclimating themselves to the weight, competitively.  At least Carr has been 74kg fir a couple seasons now and Teemer did try it (I think?).  Sasso... he just isn't going to do anything for us for Freestyle, unfortunately.  He should have already gone up to 157 if he planned on 2024.

On 4/8/2022 at 1:40 PM, Major Kong said:

I'm going with Deakin if he makes 70kg without collapsing.

I just don't buy the whole "Deakin is a giant 157" thing. He is taller than most of his opponents and has big shoulders/arms. 

Deakin has never wrestled JO or Zain in freestyle. I would like to see that. The only new person who can enter the mix is  Carr and maybe O'Connor once healed. Andonian seems like the only 149 AA who will go 70kg in 2022 and 2023.

13 minutes ago, juniorvarsity said:

I just don't buy the whole "Deakin is a giant 157" thing. He is taller than most of his opponents and has big shoulders/arms. 

Deakin has never wrestled JO or Zain in freestyle. I would like to see that. The only new person who can enter the mix is  Carr and maybe O'Connor once healed. Andonian seems like the only 149 AA who will go 70kg in 2022 and 2023.

Sasso as well, I hope.