nhs67

US Open Entries

1 minute ago, rpm002 said:

Maple is an interesting entry...

Yeah.  He retired...

2 minutes ago, rpm002 said:

Gross wins Farrell at 65 and then comes down to 61?

Pretty sure qualifying qualifies you for whatever weight you choose.

That said, the US Open takes the Top 7.  That means if he place Top 7 he steals a spot and it is one less qualifier at WTT.

3 minutes ago, Better Call Stall said:

I can't remember if I've seen Megaludis recently. Has he filled out into a legit 61 kg guy, or just not interested in cutting? I think he might be small for the weight.

i think he's been at 61 a few years now, but was injured for much of that time

21 minutes ago, Better Call Stall said:

I can't remember if I've seen Megaludis recently. Has he filled out into a legit 61 kg guy, or just not interested in cutting? I think he might be small for the weight.

He quit cutting because his full-time doesn't afford him the time to train if he is focusing on the cut.  He isn't big for 61. 

17 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

i think he's been at 61 a few years now, but was injured for much of that time

He has a full time real life sort of job.

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

He quit cutting because his full-time doesn't afford him the time to train if he is focusing on the cut.  He isn't big for 61. 

Nico has always had a day job, but that never stopped him from competing at a very high level.  He planned to try to make the Olympic team at 57kg.  Unfortunately, he tore his ACL in 2019, then retore it in 2020.  Glad to see him competing again!  

11 minutes ago, rpm002 said:

Nico has always had a day job, but that never stopped him from competing at a very high level.  He planned to try to make the Olympic team at 57kg.  Unfortunately, he tore his ACL in 2019, then retore it in 2020.  Glad to see him competing again!  

I know all that, I just recall him specifically stating his initial reason for going to 61 was because he couldn't train, cut, and work so he cut out the one he could.

27 minutes ago, Crash said:

Zain sitting this out in favor of wrestling a special exhibition match against Destribats in Mexico City?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dest is Argentinian and 61kg.

Edited by nhs67

21 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Thanks for that. It's hard to imagine someone winning a world medal, let alone making the US world team without going all in on it. But Nico may be competing for love of the sport and a fire still burning in his belly, so I cant hate on that.

Wick can wrestle at whatever tournament he wants to, at this point.  He just can't represent USA at any international events, right?  Otherwise his clock for two (2) years starts over?  Am I wrong there, or?