Important Poll re: Jimmy C's return to the Forum

Poll re: Jimmy C's return  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Poll re: Return of Jimmy C

• This forum is empty without Jimmy C
    • I now realize too late that Jimmy C was the best of us
    • I check the forum every day hoping to see that Jimmy C has returned
    • We must do whatever it takes (NIL deal?) to secure the return of Jimmy C

I didn't care for Jimmy's schtick, but would I want him, or anyone to leave because I don't like their post, absolutely not!!!  There really is only one person on here that I would want to leave and that is just because they are a freaking crazy a-hole...and actually I don't want them to leave really because I enjoy ripping their posts apart along with reading the 90% of the other posters on here ripping him/her/they apart too.  And there is that freedom of speech thing which I support 10000%....so anyway, welcome back Jimmy if you do come back.

1 hour ago, Elevator said:

Jimmy C is fun - makes us laugh and sparks debate on interesting and occasionally nutty issues.   We need Jimmy!

If he makes a return, found his campaign slogan:

Jimmy Cinnabon

Not Just Pastries

5 hours ago, Elevator said:

If you were honest with yourself, you would admit you feel the same way.

Not really. He's At the end of the day he is a troll, which is fine if that is you thing. He can stay or go, his choice. I just don't care for his style.

Edited by TBar1977

44 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Kinda like you with Iowa and MSU. 

Really?  I actually appreciate a well thought out ruse at my own team's expense and can be objective when it comes to my team(s). Especially MSU, which should go without saying. In regards to Iowa,  if you actually read a lot of what I post on HR, I am pretty strong in my opinion that they need to diversify and get away from almost solely relying on ties to create offense.  If the negatives didn't go personal and just pointed out MSU or Iowa weaknesses(mind you accuracy is paramount), I would happily jump on that ship with anyone that posted these things and would love to have a constructive discussion on how to fix any/all of them.

Now, the fact that you guys can't take JC is actually quite funny to me.  I mean he is damn near trying to reverse jinx his own team with the things he says.  Honestly, do you think he believes nearly any of the things he says that paint PSU in even remotely a less positive light? Or, which I think is more likely, can you just NOT accept anything negative being said, even if it is tongue in cheek???

6 hours ago, MSU158 said:

Really?  I actually appreciate a well thought out ruse at my own team's expense and can be objective when it comes to my team(s). Especially MSU, which should go without saying. In regards to Iowa,  if you actually read a lot of what I post on HR, I am pretty strong in my opinion that they need to diversify and get away from almost solely relying on ties to create offense.  If the negatives didn't go personal and just pointed out MSU or Iowa weaknesses(mind you accuracy is paramount), I would happily jump on that ship with anyone that posted these things and would love to have a constructive discussion on how to fix any/all of them.

Now, the fact that you guys can't take JC is actually quite funny to me.  I mean he is damn near trying to reverse jinx his own team with the things he says.  Honestly, do you think he believes nearly any of the things he says that paint PSU in even remotely a less positive light? Or, which I think is more likely, can you just NOT accept anything negative being said, even if it is tongue in cheek???

The guy is a troll. What about that don't you get? And why on earth do you find it a prerequisite to like his style? 

As far as negative goes, hey I called tOSU and Iowa ( over PSU obviously) in the years they won. My Iowa call drove several Hawkeye fans nutz. 

7 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Not really. He's At the end of the day he is a troll, which is fine if that is you thing. He can stay or go, his choice. I just don't care for his style.

There’s probably about half the amount of posts since he left. It actually gets people to talk and be more active. 

Jimmy, I know you’re reading this. Come back, please 

1 minute ago, CoachWrestling said:

There’s probably about half the amount of posts since he left. It actually gets people to talk and be more active. 

JC, don't listen to CW.

2 hours ago, CoachWrestling said:

There are half the posts because as a group we are just not that interesting or conversational. We are mainly just combative and that gets old. 

5 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

There are half the posts because as a group we are just not that interesting or conversational. We are mainly just combative and that gets old. 

I think "combative" is a little strong.  How about "opinionated"?  There is that old phrase, "If two people have the same opinion, one is unnecessary".  (Or something like that.)

I think it's impossible to not see that Jimmy C has started many of the most active threads on here, although sometimes I can't understand his motivation.

7 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I think being a month into the offseason plays a role...  When he left we were still talking about this year’s NCAA’s but now has move more onto next season and there’s not much to talk about yet, although Larry Lee has certainly given us some news