Jump to content
1032004

Yianni to MMA?

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, ionel said:

Yianni going MMA is kind've like the Scribe joining Barnum & Bailey.  :)

Actually that's a good idea for Scribe. He is already a clown. Now all he need is to learn to be entertaining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MagnetBack said:

Would be fun to see Yianni in MMA after his college wrestling career. 

Not so sure about that.  Pico was a similar level recruit as YD in HS, and has better striking.  Look how Aaron's MMA career turned out.  YD needs to focus on freestyle and end our 65kg world/Olympic medal drought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Usually guys who do well in MMA are brawler style guys. One guy I think would have done well is Frank Molinaro. Don’t see Yianni doing the best, he could do so so. Would have liked seeing Ian Miller or Dylan Ness

Bryce Meredith seems to be off to a good start and I’m not sure if he was a “brawler style guy”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Usually guys who do well in MMA are brawler style guys. One guy I think would have done well is Frank Molinaro. Don’t see Yianni doing the best, he could do so so. Would have liked seeing Ian Miller or Dylan Ness

No idea if he can throw or take a punch, but his ridiculously long arms are a big edge. That's a lot of reach for opponents to give up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Bryce Meredith seems to be off to a good start and I’m not sure if he was a “brawler style guy”

"off to a good start" has a different meaning when they are feeding you cans to build your record/get you experience.  
0% chance Yainni becomes an MMA guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

"off to a good start" has a different meaning when they are feeding you cans to build your record/get you experience.  
0% chance Yainni becomes an MMA guy. 

Was Nickal a "brawler style guy"?

I would say it's not likely Yianni does MMA, but I think it's higher than 0%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Was Nickal a "brawler style guy"?

I would say it's not likely Yianni does MMA, but I think it's higher than 0%.

I wouldn't say Nickal was no, I would say he is an elite level grappler at a heavier weight where the skill-set is less prominent, so he has a little more of a ceiling than I'd give a Bryce Meredith....   but......
I hold the same idea that "When being fed cans (fighters who are underdogs against almost everyone they face) D1 AA caliber wrestlers are going to win 90+% of the time" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Was Nickal a "brawler style guy"?

I would say it's not likely Yianni does MMA, but I think it's higher than 0%.

Remember this is stemming from the comment, "Usually guys who do well in MMA are brawler style guys"  , not the idea that D1 Champions can't win at lower level events even without hands. 
Your golden goose comparison would be Askren, you got to latch onto that one and use it for the rest of the thread.

Edited by spladle08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Remember this is stemming from the comment, "Usually guys who do well in MMA are brawler style guys"  , not the idea that D1 Champions can't win at lower level events even without hands. 
Your golden goose comparison would be Askren, you got to latch onto that one and use it for the rest of the thread.

OK yes thank you for settling that debate, sorry guess I was trying to think of current guys that have just started going to MMA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...