BAC

What's tOSU's Potential Next Year?

16 hours ago, ionel said:

What's not to like, get on it!

61787adaa3b60.image.jpg?resize=1200,738

Is this the same C Bus that Ethan Smith has not improved since arriving at?

Edit: Nvm.  This is clearly the 3Bus not the CBus 

Edited by nhs67

52 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Wrong bus .... that's the C Val bus... serving up delicious TOGOS sandwiches (NIL pending) .

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

The same Ethan Smith who was just ranked #8 at his weight as a senior in high school who took 5th at NCAA’s last year?

39 minutes ago, bwilly614 said:

Lets not forget Beard from PSU is in the portal, and he is a lot better than Hoffman

False.  Decking him once does not make him a 'lot' better.

Beard is 9-8 against common opponents and a one time qualifier/placer (7th).

Hoffman is 10-9 against common opponents and a one time qualifier/placer (6th).

They are comparable at worst and that isn't factoring in that the year Beard took 7th was the goofy COVID year of no Ivies.

Edited by nhs67

2 hours ago, bwilly614 said:

Lets not forget Beard from PSU is in the portal, and he is a lot better than Hoffman

Was Beard better 2 years ago? sure! 

Now that Hoffman has become an AA after wrestling what seemed like every top guy tough and coming up short in the regular season. 

it doesn’t make sense to try and replace Hoffman with Beard. 

Edited by Riz23

6 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Minnow is eluding to Chittum switching from Minny to tOSU btw.

He’s not the only one circulating this rumor, that a high profile verbal to another university will be in Columbus sometime this summer for a visit.

People are all jumping to the name Cody Chittum. 

Edited by Riz23

1 hour ago, Riz23 said:

He’s not the only one circulating this rumor, that a high profile verbal to another university will be in Columbus sometime this summer for a visit.

People are all jumping to the name Cody Chittum. 

First I saw of it was Minnow in his The Facebook Cult.

8 hours ago, Mphillips said:

It may be, 'eluding' if it's minnow...  : )

He is still standing on that 'Kemerererer only wrassled tuh proof me wrongs' hill.

28 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

First I saw of it was Minnow in his The Facebook Cult.

He is still standing on that 'Kemerererer only wrassled tuh proof me wrongs' hill.

It’s been on a couple other boards I browse, not mentioning Chittum by name but somebody with information giving hints leading towards Chittum. 

could be somebody trolling as well 

1 hour ago, Riz23 said:

It’s been on a couple other boards I browse, not mentioning Chittum by name but somebody with information giving hints leading towards Chittum. 

could be somebody trolling as well 

Chittum did commit to Minnesota very early, before all this NIL stuff became legit.

Does anyone know if Chittum is wrestling his senior season or going an OTC-type path?

1 hour ago, RandolphJones said:

Chittum did commit to Minnesota very early, before all this NIL stuff became legit.

Does anyone know if Chittum is wrestling his senior season or going an OTC-type path?

Chittum has been doing his own thing this year, wrestling open tournaments etc. but not high school. I’ve heard he is also re-classifying to 2022 but that’s not confirmed 

On 4/26/2022 at 2:48 PM, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

I don't think either party is really considering it, but it is an interesting question.  If you're Ohio State, and Beard wanted to come to Columbus, would you take him?  Legitimate points can be made on both sides of that argument.  

100%...and I would hate it at the same time for what Hoffman has been through. But its a no-brainer IMO. Cael essentially made the same decision last year when he brought in Dean and even though it turned out great I would argue the gap between Beard and Hoffman is larger than gap between Dean and Beard before the season and that played out to be true in their very close wrestle off.

Edited by DocBZ

I’ve seen other people post about Gonzalez wrestling 133 next year and redshirt Bouzakis and Mendez both.

well Bouzakis just crushed a guy who beat Gonzalez 3-2 in an open this year. Granted it was freestyle but is wasn’t a fluke.

The trio of Bouzakis, Mendez and Feldman all looked great this weekend at the us open, love that Mendez wrestled in the senior division and had some good wins 

Edited by Riz23

Mendez is a 133 and so is Bouzakis.  Thinking Mendez is going to be effective at 141 is wishful thinking.  They should be wrestling each other for a chance to make JR world team.   Who ever goes 133 between the 2 will be tough.

I agree right now Mendez is small for 141 but Bouzakis is pretty stout at 133, I think eventually Mendez is gonna have to put the muscle on to wrestle 141.

with the skill set of both guys and Feldman, it would be great to get all 3 on the mat ASAP and when it makes sense 

On 4/27/2022 at 11:57 AM, DocBZ said:

100%...and I would hate it at the same time for what Hoffman has been through. But its a no-brainer IMO. Cael essentially made the same decision last year when he brought in Dean and even though it turned out great I would argue the gap between Beard and Hoffman is larger than gap between Dean and Beard before the season and that played out to be true in their very close wrestle off.

In the world of NIL, it’s all about how to best distribute your money. No way tOSU would pay Beard when they already have Hoffman. Just use the money on a recruit/transfer in a weight you need. 

Edited by Billyhoyle

12 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

In the world of NIL, it’s all about how to best distribute your money. No way tOSU would pay Beard when they already have Hoffman. Just use the money on a recruit/transfer in a weight you need. 

so tOSU is now paying with NIL $s?