Sign in to follow this  
Frank_Rizzo

I've got Dake over Burroughs

I will stick with Burroughs, he just keeps getting better.

So does Dake.

Burroughs is still a heavy favorite...a bit more so when you consider what Dake just had to go through, plus the fact that he has to beat him not once, but twice...AND plus the fact that he has to also outplace him internationally.

Dake looks great...But Ill still take Burroughs as our World Team member.

I'm picking Dake! Yes, Burroughs is undefeated and a World and Olympic Champion. The problem for Burroughs is that Dake doesn't know how to lose. Somebody's "0" must GO! This is Dake's year.

Dake has lost a match more recently than Burroughs has. And he hasn't been wrestling the best in the world. The whole can't pick against Dake until he loses doesn't fly when he's wrestling someone who hasn't lost for an even longer time period (Against tougher competition). Of course this is all subjective, no one is right or wrong, it will be an epic bout no doubt about that.

BWH, it's just a prediction based on a hunch. I'm just having a little fun with words when predicting who will win between the current world champion and the current Hodge Trophy winner and four time national champion. I think it will be a great match either way.

Does Taylor wrestle Howe for True-Third?

Yes, tonight. Stieber will wrestle Simmons and Taylor against Howe. Kilgore doesn't have to face Jensen or Zabriskie (whoever won their consolation final) because he beat them both already.

Dake has a chance. He's just getting better and better. Hard to go against the undefeated reigning Olympic champ, so I'll pick Burroughs. But it will be close. Next year or next Olympics? Could easily see Dake as the man by then, with or without Burroughs retiring.

Unfortunate for Taylor, as he could be the #1 FS in USA in some other year. But right now, that just happens to be the toughest US weight. Just loaded. Taylor would probably be #4 behind Howe, Dake and Burroughs.

Unfortunate for Taylor, as he could be the #1 FS in USA in some other year. But right now, that just happens to be the toughest US weight. Just loaded. Taylor would probably be #4 behind Howe, Dake and Burroughs.

I guess we will find out during the true 3rd match..