ShakaAloha

Most Accomplished Forum Posters

There was this guy some years back who was a total Blair fanboy, and he was especially obsessed with Mark Perry, who was then probably a junior.  He wouldn't shut up about him to the point that half the forum was rooting against poor Mark.  Then after one especially long Blair post, someone posting as Mark Perry comes on and basically says, dude... who ARE you?  The guy writes this super long response, waxing eloquent about how he saw him wrestle here and there and what a fine young man he is.  Perry responds, please don't post about me.  And that was that.  Never saw Perry (if it really was him) or the other guy again. 

I hit a homerun off of a Hall of Fame baseball player, I was asked to slow dance by a Playmate of the month but had to turn her down because I was dancing with a 90s TV star. This all happened at a Playboy Party in Las Vegas that had 30 Playmates and an assortment of celebrities. I'm also the former youngest person in the world and Time Magazine's Man of the Year in 2006. 

6 hours ago, buckshot1969 said:

I hit a homerun off of a Hall of Fame baseball player, I was asked to slow dance by a Playmate of the month but had to turn her down because I was dancing with a 90s TV star. This all happened at a Playboy Party in Las Vegas that had 30 Playmates and an assortment of celebrities. I'm also the former youngest person in the world and Time Magazine's Man of the Year in 2006. 

Wait, I thought I was Time Magazine's Person of the Year 2006?

8 hours ago, buckshot1969 said:

David....is that you? 

11 hours ago, BAC said:

There was this guy some years back who was a total Blair fanboy, and he was especially obsessed with Mark Perry, who was then probably a junior.  He wouldn't shut up about him to the point that half the forum was rooting against poor Mark.  Then after one especially long Blair post, someone posting as Mark Perry comes on and basically says, dude... who ARE you?  The guy writes this super long response, waxing eloquent about how he saw him wrestle here and there and what a fine young man he is.  Perry responds, please don't post about me.  And that was that.  Never saw Perry (if it really was him) or the other guy again. 

This is great. Kinda creepy, but great. 

2 hours ago, airmail said:

Morris Johnson.  Passed away in 2016, NCAA Champ & 2X finalist.  His stories were always fantastic, & he always added 'brother' before the name of anyone he was chatting to.  

MoJo is missed.  His energy for his brother wrestlers was inspiring.

39 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Adam Tirapelle, Jeff McGinnis, Randy Lewis, and Ray Brinzer all used to post here and tell some great stories until various anonymous posters treated them disrespectfully and they left. This is why we can't have nice things.

who were the offenders? and if you don't want to get into all that, are they still active at least?

51 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Adam Tirapelle, Jeff McGinnis, Randy Lewis, and Ray Brinzer all used to post here and tell some great stories until various anonymous posters treated them disrespectfully and they left. This is why we can't have nice things.

If they were posting under their real names and/or said who they were, then that is disrespectful.  Why didn't the mods step in and ban the disrespectful posters?

It's one thing to clown on the Flo Bros, but posters need to have respect for the legends of our sport.

Edited by ShakaAloha

3 hours ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

who were the offenders? and if you don't want to get into all that, are they still active at least?

It's been years - I honestly don't remember. I just remember how cool it was to get an insider's perspective on college wrestling, just for one brief moment.

People may not have gone after Tirapelle as much. But I remember some inappropriate stuff at Brinzer (who was an absolute goldmine of wrestling info.) - I think McGinnis' dad used to post too, as Old Salt.

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

I don't remember any of these guys being disrespected.  Maybe Mark Schultz, but different kettle of fish.

Agreed, I don’t remember any disrespect.  Mark Schultz answered my questions and was very informative.  Gave great insight into a competitor’s mind.