Sign in to follow this  
mnmike

Can Taylor make 66?

He looks undersized at 74, anyone know his walking around weight?

He's way too tall. Watch his match against Marable or him destroying the 66kg Russian National champ. Taylor isn't undersized for the weight, he just has some tremendous competition. Sure he can afford to add some strength and improve his technique/positioning, but he's pretty darn close.

He looks undersized at 74, anyone know his walking around weight?

He's way too tall. Watch his match against Marable or him destroying the 66kg Russian National champ. Taylor isn't undersized for the weight, he just has some tremendous competition. Sure he can afford to add some strength and improve his technique/positioning, but he's pretty darn close.

I think he's way too big for 66, but isn't Simmons as tall (if not actually taller) than Taylor?

I think he's way too big for 66, but isn't Simmons as tall (if not actually taller) than Taylor?

Yes, I just mean that he's too tall given his build. People see that Taylor isn't as thick as Marable, Howe, Burroughs, etc but he's several inches taller. I think Burroughs is 5'7 or so, Taylor is probably 5'11, about 4 inches taller.

With international weigh ins I think he could make 66kg not easily but it would be possible. Look at some of the tougher UFC 145 lbers Mike Brown of a few years ago. Jose Aldo walks around in the upper 170s and is similar in height to David with more muscle tone. I actually like the idea post college of making his run at 66kg in 2016.