Sign in to follow this  
barrett

Pendleton

I mean can a 174 beat a 285? Chris is very tech sounded wrestler. I see why he dominated Askren now. But if he is dominating at 211 like this then why not 185? He surely can beat Gavin right? He is a small 211. He will get absolutely manhandled my russias 96k guys.

I mean can a 174 beat a 285? Chris is very tech sounded wrestler. I see why he dominated Askren now. But if he is dominating at 211 like this then why not 185? He surely can beat Gavin right? He is a small 211. He will get absolutely manhandled my russias 96k guys.

He said the 185 cut was too much, didn't feel fit afterwards. Remember Cormier wrestled 184 in college and then had serious trouble making the cut to 211.

He said the 185 cut was too much, didn't feel fit afterwards. Remember Cormier wrestled 184 in college and then had serious trouble making the cut to 211.

240lb guy cut down to 211 vs 174 guy. We will see. Good luck Chris.

240lb guy cut down to 211 vs 174 guy. We will see. Good luck Chris.

Are you even responding to what I'm writing anymore? Pendleton was 174 in college, Cormier was 184 in college. Cormier ballooning up to 240 for his cut to 211 supports my point that Pendleton is too big for 185 anymore, not yours. Pendleton has explicitly said on multiple occasions that he cannot make the cut to 185 and wrestle effectively. It sapped him of sufficient energy two years ago and he's bigger today than he was then.

If someone is not focusing on cutting 26 pounds for a tournament, then they are focusing on technique, strategy, conditioning, strength, etc. Pretty evident out there with Pendleton right now.

If Pendleton says that he was way too sucked out at a weight lower, enough to retire before Mark Branch convinced him to give it another go up a weight, who the hell are we to doubt him? People respond differently to dehydration. I know some guys who barely feel it after sweating off 10-15 lbs and I know others whose heart rates shoot up with even light exercise and lose a third of their strength after a similar cut.

You guys don't think Pendleton himself is the best judge of which weight he's best at? The guy destroyed everything on his path today. I'd say 211 is working out just fine for him. With a year or two of lifting and training to grow into the weight still ahead of him, I"m sure we haven't seen the best of Pendleton yet. He is a monster.

Didn't Pendelton beat Bergman last year?

Yes, JD said he thought he would just push him around. Pendleton did a rope a dope and beat him handily. JD said it was a shocking loss I guess because of the size difference and Herbert saying he would have to problem beating Chris. JD is taking him serious now! JD said he is one of the best technical guys he has ever wrestled.

Pure size disadvantage against a tough guy cut down heavyweight. Still dont know how he beat Kilgore like that. KIlgore is a bumped up 184 guy, Bergman is a cut down Heavy-big difference I guess. Bergman simply imposed his will on him.

Bergman also imposed his will on Varner in 2010 (though not to the same extent) when Jake hadn't fully grown into the weight yet despite having made a world team. The bottom line is that Pendleton can't make 184, maybe he's a tweener like Ketoev and it will prevent him from ever winning a World title. That's a fine opinion, but I'd say he had a pretty damn good tournament. Bergman has gone toe to toe with the best in the world for a few years now when he's healthy (eg Gazyumov), hopefully he's stepped up another level.