Sign in to follow this  
TexRef

Is Lou good at OU?

I like what Lou has done at OU. Sure he has a few knuckleheads that stir up some drama and try to kickstart a Ferrari. Other than that, is Lou safe at OU or do they move on? If they do move on, does Lightner finally get his chance? 

6 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

OU is improving, they shared a Big 12 crown last year.  Lou won't be taking a walk on the wild side anytime soon.

2 All Americans in 5 years at OU should be totally unacceptable no matter how well they perform at the Big 12 tournament.

I think Rosselli is a tremendous coach, but I also think denying that his seat is getting warm is a bit foolish.  Luckily for him Smith had a disastrous year, otherwise his warm seat might be scorching right about now. 

And, no offense intended (maybe just a little), but as the kids would say, the Big 12 last year was a Mickey Mouse conference. Hang your hat on that if you wish, but it's not going to get you very far.  

the state of Oklahoma is loaded with talent the next couple years. 

also, the 'OKST is struggling' is way overboard imo. they were 3rd last year, in the same position this year but lost multiple aa's to injury. 

5 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

the state of Oklahoma is loaded with talent the next couple years. 

also, the 'OKST is struggling' is way overboard imo. they were 3rd last year, in the same position this year but lost multiple aa's to injury. 

Perhaps, but only a couple short years to the longest team championship dry spell in their history.

6 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Perhaps, but only a couple short years to the longest team championship dry spell in their history.

Is that John Smith's fault?  How well funded is OKstate's freestyle program/RTC?  

As for Oklahoma...There's no point in change just for the sake of change.  Who would they get to replace Roselli?  Unless it's a difference maker (like Popolizio, Metcalf, etc), there's no point in making a switch. 

If I remember correctly this years freshman class at OU has been his best recruiting class since he arrived. His team should be fairly young next season so it will be an opportunity for him to develop those kids as well as add with the kids coming up in Oklahoma. 

1 minute ago, Idaho said:

If I remember correctly this years freshman class at OU has been his best recruiting class since he arrived. His team should be fairly young next season so it will be an opportunity for him to develop those kids as well as add with the kids coming up in Oklahoma. 

Lou is a great person that is surrounded by wonderful good quality men on his staff.   We have teams out there that have way bigger issues and retain coaches for decades.   I think it will be fun to see what develops at OU. 

5 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Is that John Smith's fault?  How well funded is OKstate's freestyle program/RTC?  

As for Oklahoma...There's no point in change just for the sake of change.  Who would they get to replace Roselli?  Unless it's a difference maker (like Popolizio, Metcalf, etc), there's no point in making a switch. 

I don't know if it's his fault.  However, it is his responsibility.  Isn't he also responsible for the RTC?  

Agree there is no point  change at OU.  Or OSU, for that matter.

51 minutes ago, Swayz said:

Last 4 conference team titles for OU:

He helped break a drought. 

Is tying for 1st in the Mizzou-less B12 really that great of an achievement?

3 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Is tying for 1st in the Mizzou-less B12 really that great of an achievement?

If we want to go that route,  is Mizzou only having 4 champs in the MAC in 2021 that great of an achievement?   MAC had 3 teams finish in Top 30.   Big 12 had 7.   What they did at Big 12 was pretty solid.   Mizzou was expected to win MAC always because $$$ compared to the other teams in that conference flowing in. 

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

what!???

Ha.  My point is it's not a helpful thing to say.  It's something you normally hear repeated by teams that used to be successful.  Like the (Dallas) Cowboys or Manchester United.  It's just unhelpful lip service that usually leads to wrongheaded decisions, inevitably preventing teams from returning to the former glory they claim is their "standard" in the first place.