Sign in to follow this  
PRyan2012

Ok Burroughs maybe the best ever

I understand that Dake is really tough and went through a tough bracket to get here. What I didnt understand was the predictions of Dake over JB. I dont see where that came from. JB is on another planet, and everyone on here calls him the best in the world. Then Dake takes out a tough bracket, and all the sudden he is the best in the world over JB? I personally thought it was a ridiculous prediction by some. How soon we forget. Im just glad JB was there to feed the what have you done for me now crew.

I wouldn't say he ran his mouth off. He just said he didn't train to beat the other guys in his bracket, that he trains to beat Burroughs and that he was going to beat Burroughs. I don't think he was being arrogant.

Worked out well so far for him.

I don't think he was trying to run his mouth. He was asked a very awkward question and gave a very wiseass response.

How would you respond if someone asked you, "how you do feel wrestling the best guy in the world?" It's a hard question to answer because of the need to keep your confidence about you.

As far as the lopsided victory, it is a little surprising, but not shocking. Keep in mind that you have a full-time freestyler competing against a guy who was wrestling folkstyle for most of 2013. If you took the 2011 version of Burroughs who was a few weeks removed from winning the NCAA Title and put him up against the version you saw today, I think the former would also get beat soundly. Jordan just continues to get better with age. We probably have not even seen the best version of him, which is scary.

I wouldn't say he ran his mouth off. He just said he didn't train to beat the other guys in his bracket, that he trains to beat Burroughs and that he was going to beat Burroughs. I don't think he was being arrogant.

I agree with you, it's not arrogant. You have to have a little swag and a belief you can beat everyone. If you don't believe it, why step on the mat?

By the way that match went Dake better keep training

To all you who think Dake is just some cocky, disrespectful son of a gun...what do you expect him to say? "Ehhh...I'll give it my best shot, but this Burroughs guy is pretty good. I think he'll probably beat me." No, that's not the attitude that wins you four national titles. I wish people could learn to respect the mindset of a competitor.

None the less he called him out. He said he was the best in the world and that he would without a doubt beat Burroughs. Dake needed that humbling I think. He was beat like a high schooler. I was shocked. JB made his defense look very bad. I know these guys are friends but never call an undefeated world and Olympic champ out like that. Dake has never won an international tourney yet. This match will get closer once Dake changes his plans. He stated he had trained for a year just for Burroughs but looked lost out there.

That's how he should approach it.

Arrogant, cocky, conceited, imperious or self-confident.

I don't know him and can't say which of those traits most characterize him, but I like Dake's attitude on the mat.

I agree with you, it's not arrogant. You have to have a little swag and a belief you can beat everyone. If you don't believe it, why step on the mat?

You don't have to say anything. Be deferential and let your actions speak, or you may wind up embarrassed. (By both mouth and results)

He made Dake look off balanced and slow. Crazy. I wonder how Dake was feeling after his 14 minute match with Howe. Oh, and after he also just beat Paulson and David Taylor. Not making excuses at all, but I doubt Dake was fresh. Not taking away from Burroughs at all, who is clearly on a mission, but maybe we could do the best of three the next day or something like that.

Nerd,

Cmon man. I'm sure Lebron James reads the boards and takes notes on how to improve his game. I have wrestled all my life and am a fan now that I am old, 41;-). Just was surprised that he said he was the best in the world and he was without a doubt gonna beat Burroughs. My sage advice is be humble or the pie will be sour. Dake got his worst butt kicking ever tonight. I love Dake and what he does for the sport. Love the drama between these top 3 guys at 74k. Makes people watch!