NJDan

What do we think of Tyson Fury

I know he's the heavyweight champ. I know he's undefeated. I don't follow boxing closely. And this might be an ignorant statement, but: When I see Fury, he see him, he seems like a slow, lumbering guy with huge love handles. Maybe he's just so big that you can't hurt him. Is that it?

Just axing.

27 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

He has best a lot of guys who aren't slow or lumbering.  Even some guys with no love handles.

Fair point. But it's also possible that boxing is a declining sport and today's champs are inferior to those of years past. Fury's size, meanwhile, is unprecedented.

It’s not the golden age of boxing anymore. Fury’s pretty solid for today, has a good chin, and his heigth/length has gave some people trouble.   But I don’t believe he’s in the Top 10 for length of title reign or title defenses at the HWT level.  So hard to put him up there with some of the other names. 

Saw a highlight video of his opponents throwing a series of punches at him and his ability to see the punch before it even happens and move his head out of the way is amazing.

He moves VERY well for a man that size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk