Sign in to follow this  
Tripster

Did Dake put the cart before the horse?

You really feel like trolling today, don't you?...

Just because someone says they will win doesn't mean they're talking trash, or running their mouth. It means they believe they will win. Wrestling is a competition. The point of a competition is to win. What seems to be the problem?

WOW that was so much closer than the first match. Dake is amazing. Burroughs snatched the win from the jaws of defeat to keep his unbeaten international streak going.

Match was so good.

It was all action the whole time. From my memory it looked like JB scored first with a pushout but Dake was adjusting his style the whole match moving from feet to one knee to a strong underhook which slowed down JB a lot. After that Dake got a 3 point arm-to-arm throw on JB to go up 3 - 1. JB then got a blast double, and Dake got a pushout.

It was back and forth all the way up to OT where JB was ALMOST taken down by Dake but JB was able to scoot his hips back on Dakes chest for the W.

WOW that was so much closer than the first match. Dake is amazing. Burroughs snatched the win from the jaws of defeat to keep his unbeaten international streak going.

Match was so good.

Not to mention that (if I'm not mistaken) Dake would have won given a 6-6 tie with FILA rules as opposed to the USAW modification

Match was so good.

Dake would of had to win match 2&3 to officially beat him.

If we are changing FILA rules we should have gone all the way and put the tech rule back to 10, where it should be.

I know dt. It was just impressive how Dake got teched then immediately changed his style enough against the best p4p wrestler in the world right now to almost win in OT.

Not to mention that (if I'm not mistaken) Dake would have won given a 6-6 tie with FILA rules as opposed to the USAW modification

Isn't it last points scored? Dake was ahead 6-4, and Burroughs scored a TD to make it 6-6 (going from memory, but I believe that is true).

Isn't it last points scored? Dake was ahead 6-4, and Burroughs scored a TD to make it 6-6 (going from memory, but I believe that is true).

Thats what I thought too...

Dake's 3 jumps the last point scored, I believe.

It is only last point scored if both guys have the same highest scoring single move.

Those in the know, feel free to set me straight if my interpretation is incorrect.

This and other matches really illustrate how the rules and the way points are awarded and ties broken have a HUGE impact on the outcome of matches. And it's clear that the 7 point tech with 2 point takedowns was not a move in the right direction. 10 points was much more reasonable.

Dake's 3 jumps the last point scored, I believe.

It is only last point scored if both guys have the same highest scoring single move.

Those in the know, feel free to set me straight if my interpretation is incorrect.

Yeah, forgot about that.........