Sign in to follow this  
flyingcement

Changes in Weight Class

What else do we know about?  I have made note of the major ones below.  Of course there is a lot of time for this to change, but just getting a sense for what the plans are at this moment

125: Matt Ramos sucking down from 133

133: Vito Arujau up from 125, Sam Latona bumping up from 125, Taylor Lamont up from 125?

141: Sammy Alvarez up from 133, Beau Bartlett down from 149

149: ???

157: Bryce Andonian up from 149, Legend Lamer up from 149

165: Brawley Lamer up from 157

174: Kennedy Monday up from 165

184: ???

197: ???

285: ???

Edited by flyingcement

25 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Are all of these confirmed by the wrestler or coach? 

If Legend is going up to 157 is Brawley going up to 165? 

Arujau confirmed by Mike Grey; Greg D, Brett Ungar, Dom Lajoie to fight it out at 125.

3 minutes ago, klehner said:

Arujau confirmed by Mike Grey; Greg D, Brett Ungar, Dom Lajoie to fight it out at 125.

Could be wrong but I think LaJoie is graduating and moving on in life. Also of note, it looks like his little brother Chayse is going to be a freshman at Stanford next year, not Cornell.

23 minutes ago, lurk_nowitzki said:

Could be wrong but I think LaJoie is graduating and moving on in life. Also of note, it looks like his little brother Chayse is going to be a freshman at Stanford next year, not Cornell.

Grey told me that Dom has *two* years of eligibility left, but only one at Cornell.  Don't know how he calculates that, but that's what he said to me on Saturday.  I did note at the time that Dom wasn't honored on Senior Day this year.

There was really no room at the inn at Cornell for Chayse for years  to come (133:  Arujau/Fernandez, 141:  Saunders/Cornella/Handlovic, 149:  Yianni/Sokol), so a smart move for him.

Chayse is a gamer.  He chases the best because he wants to face the best - didn't mean to be a poet there. 

Weight classes don't matter and neither does style.  A warrior.  I hope he does well at Stanford.

37 minutes ago, klehner said:

Grey told me that Dom has *two* years of eligibility left, but only one at Cornell.  Don't know how he calculates that, but that's what he said to me on Saturday.  I did note at the time that Dom wasn't honored on Senior Day this year.

There was really no room at the inn at Cornell for Chayse for years  to come (133:  Arujau/Fernandez, 141:  Saunders/Cornella/Handlovic, 149:  Yianni/Sokol), so a smart move for him.

I hear Stanford was his safety school.

2 hours ago, Idaho said:

Are all of these confirmed by the wrestler or coach? 

If Legend is going up to 157 is Brawley going up to 165? 

At this point in the year I was just trying to get a sense for the expectations.  Some of these may be planned and others an assumption by wrestlestat.  Brawley and Legend moving up allows for Luca Wick to enter the starting lineup.

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

If Rutgers doesn't grab anyone from the portal, I guess one of Poznanski or Janzer may bump up to 197

I vaguely remember something being said somewhere about him eventually going 197, as it were.

Another one I want to see do that is Hidlay.

Selfish Freestyle wants.

On 4/25/2022 at 3:27 PM, flyingcement said:

What else do we know about?  I have made note of the major ones below.  Of course there is a lot of time for this to change, but just getting a sense for what the plans are at this moment

125: Matt Ramos sucking down from 133

133: Vito Arujau up from 125, Sam Latona bumping up from 125, Taylor Lamont up from 125?

141: Sammy Alvarez up from 133, Beau Bartlett down from 149

149: ???

157: Bryce Andonian up from 149, Legend Lamer up from 149

165: Brawley Lamer up from 157

174: Kennedy Monday up from 165

184: ???

197: ???

285: ???

Mr. Bartlett is going to have fun @ 141!!!

P.S. The PSU "Train"!!!