Sign in to follow this  
flyingcement

New Blood

Which guys are coming in and expected to start as true freshman?  And which guys which redshirted last year are expected to be a starter in their first year of eligibility this year (excluding those third year freshman that wrestled in the free year)?  Couple of notes:

125: Braxton Brown (Maryland), Eddie Ventresca or Cooper Flynn (both at Virginia Tech), Blake West (Northern Illinois), Vince Santaniello (Navy)

133: Erik Roggie (Virginia), Andre Gonzales or Nic Bouzakis (both at Ohio State), Jordan Titus (West Virginia), Joseph Cangro (Harvard)

141: Lachlan McNeil (North Carolina), Ethen Miller (Maryland), Wyatt Henson (Oklahoma)

149: Chance Lamer (Michigan), Anthony White (Rutgers), Luka Wick (Cal Poly), Victor Voinovich (Oklahoma State), Shayne Van Ness (Penn State), Benjamin Alanis (Northern Colorado), Luke Ahrberg (North Carolina State), Avery Clark (Franklin & Marshall), Caleb Henson (Virginia Tech)

157: Levi Haines(Penn State), Paddy Gallagher (Ohio State), Jared Hill (Oklahoma), Joey Butler (Citadel)

165: Michael Caliendo (North Dakota State), Alex Facundo (Penn State), Kendall Norfleet (Arizona State)

174: Cael Valencia (Arizona State), Graham Calhoun (Wisconsin), Lucas Daly (Michigan State), Edmond Ruth (Illinois)

184: Branson Britten (Northern Colorado), Kyle Haas (Oklahoma State), Quayin Short (Wyoming)

197: Jaxon Smith (Maryland), Elijah Sobas (Cal Baptist), Franklin Cruz (Northern Colorado), Andrew Wilson (Gardner-Webb)

285: Nathan Taylor (Lehigh), Jonathan Chesser (Citadel), Bryan Caves (Central Michigan), Hayden Copass (Purdue), Xavier Doolin (Northern Colorado)

Edited by flyingcement

Great topic!

I really like Lachlan McNeil. 

at Tech, with Andonian moving up, i'm told Henson at 149 out of the gate is in play. 

I wouldn't be surprised if one of Cardenas or Garvin goes right away for Stanford at 157.

Ali Herrera at 165 at Oklahoma.

Luka Wick - Cal Poly.

But i'll tell ya who my most interesting guy is - Silas Allred at 197 for Nebraska. He's really tough. pinned Bastida this year. kinda caught him, and bastida gassed. but Allred is (to me) still really interesting

Edited by Husker_Du

3 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

Great topic!

at Tech, with Andonian moving up, i'm told Henson at 149 out of the gate is in play. 

I wouldn't be surprised if one of Cardenas or Garvin goes right away for Stanford at 157.

Luka Wick - Cal Poly.

But i'll tell ya who my most interesting guy is - Silas Allred at 197 for Nebraska. He's really tough. pinned Bastida this year. kinda caught him, and bastida gassed. but Allred is (to me) still really interesting

Checked out Allred's bio, pretty amazing stat - 146-2 career record in high school with 138 victories by fall.  Also, not sure if it is a Brady Bunch scenario, but he has 5 sisters and 3 brothers. 

I hope they both redshirt and 133 goes to Andre Gonzalez or a portal guy like Taylor Lamont. Even better would be to redshirt Heinselman and 125/133 can be shared between Gonzalez and a guy like Lamont.

Edited by Aviator12

If they can redshirt then all do a bump, year after next they have:

125 - Kilkeary (4)

133 - Bouzakis (4)

141 - Mendez (4)

149 - Chittum (4)

157 - Sasso (1)

165 - Gallagher (3)

174 - Karchla (2)

184 - Goegg (4)

197 - Shumate (4)

285 - Feldman (4)

When Walsh comes in and Sasso heads out they can move Gallagher and Karchla (and Goegg?) back down.

Four years of starting remaining from 70% of the lineup...

10 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

Great topic!

Luka Wick - Cal Poly.

good call on Allred. under the radar in high school for how good he was. any word on how close he was with schultz?

anything on herrera too? thought he was really coming on late in high school after adjusting to the growth spurt, but didn't seem to have a great redshirt year.

18 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Which guys are coming in and expected to start as true freshman?  And which guys which redshirted last year are expected to be a starter in their first year of eligibility this year (excluding those third year freshman that wrestled in the free year)?  Couple of notes:

125: Braxton Brown (Maryland), Eddie Ventresca or Cooper Flynn (both at Virginia Tech), Blake West (Northern Illinois), Vince Santaniello (Navy)

How did the guy from Navy redshirt?  Was he at prep school or NAPS?

On Allred, it’s kind of interesting that he has stayed behind Schultz, when he really can start probably anywhere but a couple programs. Not sure how close the two guys are to each other. 

2 hours ago, southend said:

On Allred, it’s kind of interesting that he has stayed behind Schultz, when he really can start probably anywhere but a couple programs. Not sure how close the two guys are to each other. 

He should still have 4 years of eligibility left.  2021 doesn't count and 2022 was his redshirt year.