Sign in to follow this  
supyall46

Did Dake 5 Burroughs?

Dake got Burroughs down to four-point, then either went guy or reverse lock (I think it was guy, but not totally sure). Burroughs turned in slightly (possible to step over) and Dake sent him flying. I thought I saw some arch in there, but maybe it was just me.

Dake tried it again toward the end of the match, and Burroughs collapsed to the ground to make sure that he gave up two and not three.

I also thought that Burroughs should have been cautioned for fleeing the mat during the scramble that tied the match at 4, given the way that fleeing has been called.

5 points

- All grand amplitude throws executed in a standing position which bring the defending wrestler to a direct and immediate danger position.

- The hold executed by a wrestler in the "par terre" position who completely lifts his opponent off the ground with the execution of a high amplitude throw which projects the opponent into a direct and immediate danger position

A wrestler shall be considered in the 'danger position' when the line of his back (or the line of his shoulders) vertically or in parallel with the mat, forms an angle of less than 90 degrees to the said mat and when he resists with the upper part of his body to avoid a 'fall'. (See definition of 'fall').

The danger position occurs when:

- The defending wrestler assumes the bridge position to avoid being pinned.

- The defending wrestler, with his back toward the mat, supports himself on one or both elbows

to avoid having his shoulders forced onto the mat.

- The wrestler has one shoulder in contact with the mat and at the same time exceeds the 90

degree vertical line with the other shoulder (acute angle).

- The wrestler finds himself in the 'instantaneous fall' position, that is, when he is on both

shoulders for less than one second.

- The wrestler rolls on his shoulders.

The 'danger position' no longer exists when the wrestler exceeds the 90-degree vertical line with his chest and stomach facing the mat.

If the mat and the competitor's back form a 90-degree angle only, this cannot yet be considered a 'danger position' (the neutral point).

In my memory, Burroughs landed on his butt and both hands, exposing his back, then turned to his stomach without hitting his elbow -- so no 5. But I'd have to see a replay. I think it was close to being grand amplitude.