Deserves his own thread. Super impressive performance this weekend! He was the underdog in every match since the quarters and finds a way to get the win in each one. Losing 6-0 to IMar and gets the pin, down 8-0 to Marstellar and comes back to win 11-10, and then a wild match with Cenzo to cap it off. In the finals gets dropped on his dome hard (I was shocked he could continue), and is still down by one. Then he converts the winning takedown with just a few seconds left! It was just an incredible performance from him. PRTC must be doing something right.

PRTC must be doing something right.

Lol me and my friend had talked about him a lot going into this weekend. Wonderful win, however, getting crushed by everyone and having to pull late heroics made me feel like we thought he was much better than reality.

4 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Lol me and my friend had talked about him a lot going into this weekend. Wonderful win, however, getting crushed by everyone and having to pull late heroics made me feel like we thought he was much better than reality.

Well I guess that’s another way to look at it. Although I wouldn’t say he was getting crushed by anyone except Chance… I’ll admit he didn’t look very good there. He was scoring back and forth with Cenzo the whole time, so I think he wrestled well that whole match. I guess the most impressive thing is being able to have the mental toughness to come back like that again and again. 

2 hours ago, jross said:

Did JB up the game of Hall and McFadden?

In his post match interview, McFadden mentioned that JB has been a great mentor for him on and off the mat… even helping him prepare for marriage and stuff like that. I thought that was pretty cool

Well I guess that’s another way to look at it. Although I wouldn’t say he was getting crushed by anyone except Chance… I’ll admit he didn’t look very good there. He was scoring back and forth with Cenzo the whole time, so I think he wrestled well that whole match. I guess the most impressive thing is being able to have the mental toughness to come back like that again and again. 
He's incredible.
We both had him as the "Dark Horse" and when he won it was like "told you!!!!!!"
But Imar was getting him
Chance was getting him
Cenzo was getting him.

Love that he won but admittedly. Wish he would've wire to wire'd one of those great guys
But you're right the mental toughness to come back was insane and impressive

DMF has a history of being clutch. His true freshman year, he stormed back from being down to PSU’s Rasheed to force OT. Then he nailed the winning TD. While at VT, he usually seemed to start matches slow for some reason and generally turned it on later in the match. Happy to see him succeeding on the senior level and would love to see him back in B’burg repping SERTC