Sign in to follow this  
Tripster

Attn Brent Metcalf

This is likely Brent's final legitimate shot at the world team. The youngsters have caght up and will only get better. It's a long shot but I'm going on record right now. I sincerely hope he wins this thing and gets a final crack at a world medal. He really does deserve it.

Any chance or what are the odds of Green upsetting Metcalf?

I once saw a guy make a Tiger fly across the stage in Vegas, so anything is possible I suppose.

Headlee just pinned Green.

Then again......maybe not. ;)

I love this "Add Foe" thing, it allows me to know that Tripster just posted, and to ignore his post all at the same time, haha

Hahaha just be careful though. I've only added one person as a foe on here "gplank" a long time ago and when it shows up that they posted, there is a button to click to view their post. While it's nice to block certain peoples posts, curiosity kills the cat and you'll end up clicking that button to see what they post just like what I had done. lol

This is likely Brent's final legitimate shot at the world team. The youngsters have caght up and will only get better. It's a long shot but I'm going on record right now. I sincerely hope he wins this thing and gets a final crack at a world medal. He really does deserve it.

-----

You nailed it. JO is the future and Metcalf is clearly in decline. Nice call.

-----

Here will be Cletus' response. "I never said that Metcalf couldn't win, in fact I said I hope he wins." I hate it when people write off guys when they are still early in their careers like this.

-----

He's been saying the same BS all season long. When JO made the finals of the US Open, I recall some thread (or several) in which he proclaimed that Metcalf, the 26 year-old mummy, was done and JO had passed him by. The older Kellen Russell then wins the Open and Metcalf proceeds to kick JO out of the WTT tourney in his own backyard.

Great call.

Totally agree but you can never count those damn hawks out :)

Thank God Metcalf took advantage of his last shot to win two consecutive matches via tech fall. It's been a good run, I'm sorry it's over after this year at the ripe old age of 26.

That is unfortunate that the career peaks at 26. He turns 27 next month so that means he is screwed at the World Championships.

DAMN YOU FATHER TIME!!!!!!!!

Thank God Metcalf took advantage of his last shot to win two consecutive matches via tech fall. It's been a good run, I'm sorry it's over after this year at the ripe old age of 26.

His drive, determination, focus, and love of this sport will prove a lot of people wrong.

Most people have never committed to anything even half as much.

It will serve him well in life.

The question was asked awhile ago who the new rules would help, and hurt, the most. There probably isn't a definitive answer to that yet, but I think a strong case can be made the new rules have helped Metcalf. Not sure why though?? ;-)