Sign in to follow this  
lastonepicked

JB said he felt disrespected in interview.

Great interview!

Although he says it with a bit of a grin, I have no doubt Burroughs really DID feel disrespected, and just a bit P.O.ed; and yet, I'm sure he would expect exactly that sort of reply from Dake.

Two guys at that level, both have gotta believe they are the best, but one is gonna be wrong. For tonight, Dake was clearly wrong!

And yet somehow, tomorrow I thing he goes right back to believing...

He can believe all he wants but no one touches JB for several more years. He's an amazing athlete and an even better person.

Both are special. Dake will beat Burroughs, though, and it won't take several years.

That being said, I have the highest respect for both Jordan Burroughs and Kyle Dake.

He is embarrassed to be taken down by a 4x national champ?? Who's the cocky one?

JB was referring to being thrown or turned for 3, not just being taken down. Some of you just don't get the mindset of these top competitors. I am 100 pct positive that Paulson, Taylor, Howe and Dake would also "be embarrassed" if they got turned for 3 just as all 4 guys believe they could have and should have won the tournament.

Well Howe must be extremely embarrassed then :twisted:

There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance and Dake seems to step over that line a bit more then some of the other elite wrestlers. From a fan perspective, it can get annoying, especially when he beats one of your wrestlers, but it also does make his matches even more interesting.

Actually, if you listen to JB elaborate on how he was disrespected:

"I had people tweeting me... Flow wrestling, all the time, you know, "Who's gonna win 174, who's gonna win 174? " (I say) I'm gonna win 174!"

I don't think he's feeling disrespected by Dake's response to (essentially) that same question, so much as people asking HIM (i.e., Borroughs) that question!

Again, if you are a competitor, there is only one honest answer in your own mind. No sense hating on either Dake or JB, in my opinion.

Love JB - great interview and the guy is just awesome. I agree, I don't think JB meant he felt disrespected by Dake - but by the Tweets from fans.

That was my take. He didn't care for the amount of questions he keep getting about how tough his final would be and who may take him out. He felt his accomplishments over last two years were being disrespected when the questions and tweets keep coming. Dake comments wasn't the issue though I'm sure they would add to how annoying things were getting.

I think all should also consider that both JB and Dake and all these athletes are not professional public speakers that have prepared speeches and most of the time they are just coming off the mat tired and amped up from a win/loss. Think about how professional speakers say dumb stuff in prepared speeches.

This is themat forum, not FOXnews