fadzaev2

Pan Am Games Schedule

All the men looked dominant (as expected).

Valencia looked a little sloppy in his semi, but never in danger

McKenna controlled Destribats for the most part - got countered for a sneaky 4 early but came up on top in the exchange. Also scored a wild 4 of his own. 

Not a lot of great wrestling going on, but it's good to see our guys scoring on top. 

He drank the water.
I heard PDSD.
Post Destribats Stress Disorder...
but he made weight (qualified) in there like swimwear,
However... we should've sent LITERALLY ANYONE ELSE .

But we need Zain to become as strong as he once was for future competition, and I'm sure USA wrestling hired a sports psychologist who told him the best way to get over this is to face his fears.
This was step 1: attend a tournament where Alejandro is competing.

Step 2 I believe is walk up to him and shake his hand to prove to yourself (and others) he won't pin you everytime you interact.

I think step 3 is kind of formed depending on how step 2 goes, I'm not a licensed therapist so I hesitate to speculate on the treatment plan.

Hope this helps .

4 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I heard PDSD.
Post Destribats Stress Disorder...
but he made weight (qualified) in there like swimwear,
However... we should've sent LITERALLY ANYONE ELSE .

But we need Zain to become as strong as he once was for future competition, and I'm sure USA wrestling hired a sports psychologist who told him the best way to get over this is to face his fears.
This was step 1: attend a tournament where Alejandro is competing.

Step 2 I believe is walk up to him and shake his hand to prove to yourself (and others) he won't pin you everytime you interact.

I think step 3 is kind of formed depending on how step 2 goes, I'm not a licensed therapist so I hesitate to speculate on the treatment plan.

Hope this helps .

Did Zain hurt your feelings?  Does your Bum hurt?   You receive an F for this post.  Try harder    

Did Zain hurt your feelings?  Does your Bum hurt?   You receive an F for this post.  Try harder    
I'm a Zain advocate, I think he ends up our 70kg guy.
But I will always support a solid Destribats ribbing.

That said ... Despite being sick, I'm glad he made weight for the team, especially after last time ;)

That said .... Hahahha PDSD I crack myself up.

That said. . coming to his defense like you did.... Hope you big-spoon his poster every night like I'm picturing . FanBoys gonna FanBoy #Respect

4 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I'm a Zain advocate, I think he ends up our 70kg guy.
But I will always support a solid Destribats ribbing.

That said ... Despite being sick, I'm glad he made weight for the team, especially after last time ;)

That said .... Hahahha PDSD I crack myself up.

That said. . coming to his defense like you did.... Hope you big-spoon his poster every night like I'm picturing . FanBoys gonna FanBoy #Respect

Zain has done as well as anybody we've had a 65-66Kg since Bill Zadick.  I can't think of anybody even medaling at 65kg for years.

Zain has done as well as anybody we've had a 65-66Kg since Bill Zadick.  I can't think of anybody even medaling at 65kg for years.

Yeah that's part of me being a Zain Advocate, Metcalf 2.0 he's solid, and AS IVE SAID 10000000000X

He is a 50/50 prospect wrestling any of the best guys in the world.

The problem is.... If it's Rashidov or Destribats or Otoguro or Tobier or Jordan Oliver or Joey McKenna or Bajrang or Tevanyan or Gadziev or Akmataliev....

He's still 50/50.... Great talent but it's hard to win a coinflip 4x in a row

15 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Yeah that's part of me being a Zain Advocate, Metcalf 2.0 he's solid, and AS IVE SAID 10000000000X

The problem is.... If it's Rashidov or Destribats or Otoguro or Tobier or Jordan Oliver or Joey McKenna or Bajrang or Tevanyan or Gadziev or Akmataliev....

John Lockhart would like a word.  ;)

Please tell me that was that heavyweight from the early 2000s. I'm hazy on all the fun events that happened (I was in highschool) but what was it 3 consecutive matches? that was either the same year or the year before Rob Rohn shocked the world...

Jason Tsirtsis was another one that somehow always won those matches (for at least a season *tragedy acknowledged)

Dude I knock the fundamental style at this weight because of our lack of results and the fundamental guys we've seen try to medal (mainly Metcalf/Zain)
JO brings the pop, Yainni brings the funk ....
But admittedly fundamental is what wins at almost every other weight.... Gilman, Dake, JB, Snyder, etc..,not a lot of flashy scoring or wild scrambles when it matters

At 65kg though Nobody wins... Clearly it's a combination of draw and world depth, however.... Man it's easier for me to imagine Yainni/JO going out and having a complete tournament where they get in a rhythm and guys can't solve them , than it is for me to picture Zain beating everyone 4-4... (And clearly a loss is a loss, just feels different when it seems like the guy is trying more offense )
Same with Pants at 70 (although it's a much shallower weight and I could see whoever we send sneaking a medal)

1 hour ago, Threadkilla said:

Change your name to MrLameGuy or something more appropriate.  His post was gold.

40 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Ignore the newb.

49 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Metcalf owned international competitions not named Worlds or Olympics, fwiw.  He was the most successful 65kg since Zadick.

57 KG - Thomas Patrick GILMAN (USA) df. Darian Toi CRUZ (PUR) by VSU, 11 - 0

61 KG - Daton Duain FIX (USA) df. Joseph Andres SILVA (PUR) by VSU, 11 -0

65 KG - Joseph Christopher MC KENNA (USA) df. Sebastian C RIVERA (PUR) by VSU, 10 - 0

70 KG - Emmanuel Olufemi OLAPADE (CAN) df. Vinicius DA SILVA JOAQUIM (BRA) by VPO1, 4 - 1

74 KG - Kyle Douglas DAKE (USA) df. Franklin GOMEZ MATOS (PUR) by VPO1, 10 - 1

79 KG - Jordan Ernest BURROUGHS (USA) df. Samuel Jacob BARMISH (CAN) by VSU1, 12 - 1

86 KG - Zahid VALENCIA (USA) df. Lazaro Daniel HERNANDEZ LUIS (CUB) by VPO1, 4 - 1

92 KG - J'den Michael Tbory COX (USA) df. Jeremy Adam POIRIER (CAN) by VSU, 11 - 0

97 KG - Kyle Frederick SNYDER (USA) df. Arturo SILOT TORRES (CUB) by VSU1, 12 - 1

125 KG - Amarveer DHESI (CAN) df. Nicholas Edward GWIAZDOWSKI (USA) by VPO1, 5 - 3

47 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Change your name to MrLameGuy or something more appropriate.  His post was gold.

Ignore the newb.

Who is the newb?.  lol.    I been  here for 14 years.    Had themat change my email address and lost 5 thousand posts.  I been here long time. through posters JTTS. BIG, Lewbo, Stovepipe and a time when Flo said they would never charge.  

6 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Who is the newb?.  lol.    I been  here for 14 years.    Had themat change my email address and lost 5 thousand posts.  I been here long time. through posters JTTS. BIG, Lewbo, Stovepipe and a time when Flo said they would never charge.  

Still a newb if you don't know Spladle is actually a fan of Zain.

Pretty sure Dhesi has beaten him before too.
Has he beaten him before? Early on if so, but I don't remember it. For me this is such a disappointing loss for Gwiz. I felt like he was long in the tooth and Parris would possibly overtake him this year (for good) but now I'm thinking any of the "top" guys domestically have a chance against him.
I just felt like Dhesi plateaued a few years ago....

In other news, Gilly, Fix, McKenna, JB, Dake, and the rest looked great....

In very sad news. Zahid continues to re-assure me that when he meets DT I'll be really really far off, on how competitive I thought the match would be .

I won't apologize yet, but it's coming

1 hour ago, spladle08 said:

Please tell me that was that heavyweight from the early 2000s. I'm hazy on all the fun events that happened (I was in highschool) but what was it 3 consecutive matches? that was either the same year or the year before Rob Rohn shocked the world...

2001:  TB, OT, 3-2, TB, TB  -  NC