Sign in to follow this  
sgallan

Video

FYI: admin is actively enforcing the blackout of this event. He deleted my link to someone's youtube video in this thread.

FLO is officially part of the establishment now. Did you see some of the comments about FLO underneath the youtube videos? Lol

Sums it up nicely.

Wait. HS kids without credit cards are leeches?

That's a lot of people without access.

Yes, the free ride is over. USAW is no longer about getting high schoolers to watch and become interested in the sport, it's about monetizing the fans who they currently have. It costs them money to go and video tape matches, so if a high schooler can't afford to pay, he will have to settle for watching baseball or basketball on TV. 150 dollars a year from 5,000 people translates to much better value for USAW than the "potential" to garner more support sometimes in the future.

If you want to see videos of post match interviews and pre-match hype, however, there is plenty of that available for free.

One of the rare times I have agreed, completely, with scribe. $20 a month is no cheap fee...especially when you consider the endless problems the service has had, which everyone should be aware of. And then you are just completely fine with ostracizing an entire group of people (for example, high school wrestlers) who don't have the ability to pay the fee? That is absolutely ridiculous. Then to take it a step further, they are "leeches"? Get real my friend.

FYI: admin is actively enforcing the blackout of this event. He deleted my link to someone's youtube video in this thread.

Was that while the event was still ongoing? Now that it is over, i doubt they will delete links, and I expect Flo to post the matches soon. They have always been about giving the wrestling community access to matches. Understandably, they didn't want them posted while people still were buying the feed, but now I don't see a reason to enforce any blackout.

Was the link removed while the event was still ongoing? Flo has historically always posted their matches and favored allowing open access to events. Obviously they would want a link removed while their broadcast was still in progress, but now that the event is over, I doubt they will push for anything to be taken down, and I expect them to post their matches shortly (as they have for all other events that they have covered).

Was the link removed while the event was still ongoing? Flo has historically always posted their matches and favored allowing open access to events. Obviously they would want a link removed while their broadcast was still in progress, but now that the event is over, I doubt they will push for anything to be taken down, and I expect them to post their matches shortly (as they have for all other events that they have covered).

On Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:03 pm, he deleted my post to a short youtube video of Dake tossing Burroughs at the WTT. Not sure if day 2 was still happening or not. The Burroughs Dake matches are on youtube (and they're not pirated copies from flo).

I'd like to see USA Wrestling produce their own video of these events. Nothing better than Burroughs vs Dake vs Taylor vs Howe. Not to mention all the action at the other weights. Especially now that high school is out and potential life long fans (high school aged kids without credit cards) are just waiting to be created. USA Wrestling can't afford to not invest in that.

Hell, they can video tape the matches and upload them immediately. Who cares if it is live with commentary (premium subscription) or a month later on NBC? Long lead time rebroadcast productions are NEVER discussed in real time on this board. No one is interested in them.

Well I am eliminating USA Wrestling from my Facebook, closing my account here, and will not support it in any way, any longer, with my money, time, or efforts. IMO - If it loses the Olympics it deserves it. You would have been hard pressed to find much of a bigger supporter than me at one time. I was one of the few who would go to events as only a fan. Think I am done with that. If the sport does lose the Olympics I hope it doesn't hit the youth and collegiate level too hard but I suspect it will.

Well I am eliminating USA Wrestling from my Facebook, closing my account here, and will not support it in any way, any longer, with my money, time, or efforts. IMO - If it loses the Olympics it deserves it. You would have been hard pressed to find much of a bigger supporter than me at one time. I was one of the few who would go to events as only a fan. Think I am done with that. If the sport does lose the Olympics I hope it doesn't hit the youth and collegiate level too hard but I suspect it will.

I don't get why you would post on here just to announce that you are never coming on here again.

Pretty silly unless you are looking for people to beg you not to go.

In my opinion anyone who says "it" (we?) deserve to have wrestling dropped from the Olympics probably should stop acting like they care about wrestling.