149: Kyle Parco / Ethan Pickren

157: Jacori Teemer / Tyler Antoniak

165: Kendall Norfleet / Max Wilner

174: Cael Valencia / Zane Coleman

184: Anthony Montalvo / Jon Fagen

197: Kordell Norfleet / Westin Keime

285: Cohlton Schultz / Chad Porter

165 is probably the only weak spot left, relatively speaking

Could still hit on another transfer at 165. 

Montalvo made 100% sense for ASU and for him. 

Given recent results - given they are freestyle - I am not sure Figs beats out Courtney at 125 as some have predicted. 

A bump of everyone is logical to fill a hole... but given that Courtney is not real big and McGee already went up a weight - I don't see that as the best possible move. Finding a 165 to plug the hole would be the best outcome.  However, if they go into the season with 1 suspect weight it will be much better than it has been. 

4 hours ago, Idaho said:

Montalvo made 100% sense for ASU and for him. 

Given recent results - given they are freestyle - I am not sure Figs beats out Courtney at 125 as some have predicted. 

A bump of everyone is logical to fill a hole... but given that Courtney is not real big and McGee already went up a weight - I don't see that as the best possible move. Finding a 165 to plug the hole would be the best outcome.  However, if they go into the season with 1 suspect weight it will be much better than it has been. 

Kennedy Monday?

11 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Kennedy Monday?

He said B1G and 174.

My guess is that there weren't that many suitors, otherwise we would have seen more smoke from him.

If he has come to that understanding as well, then 165 and ASU looks a pristine landing spot.

8 minutes ago, gobraves101905 said:

Finesilver a possibility with Valencia moving down to 165? 

That would be interesting. If this or another capable transfer at 165 hits ASU might quietly be the team to beat based on top to bottom depth. If all 10 of their guys can AA they would be right there.

Finesilver is a 2022 Master’s of Management Candidate at Duke university: Fuqua school of Business. Makes me wonder if he  is actually going to wrestle his 7th year. ASU is a possible fit for wrestling...but is it really a fit for his post graduate aspirations? 

34 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Finesilver is a 2022 Master’s of Management Candidate at Duke university: Fuqua school of Business. Makes me wonder if he  is actually going to wrestle his 7th year. ASU is a possible fit for wrestling...but is it really a fit for his post graduate aspirations? 

I haven’t gotten a chance to ask him his post grad aspirations. What are they?

3 hours ago, Idaho said:

Listed in the first sentence of my post. 

Candidate. That doesn’t really explain much. Doesn’t seem like he wants that if he is in the transfer portal. 

Myron Rolle went from top HS football prospect, to Florida State, to NFL draft pick, to Rhodes Scholar, to brain surgeon. So college athletics, especially one year, probably doesn’t take him off his life long aspirations. 

Edited by gobraves101905

2 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

Candidate. That doesn’t really explain much. Doesn’t seem like he wants that if he is in the transfer portal. 

Myron Rolle went from top HS football prospect, to Florida State, to NFL draft pick, to Rhodes Scholar, to brain surgeon. So college athletics, especially one year, probably doesn’t take him off his life long aspirations. 

It actually explains everything...candidate means you are either currently enrolled in the masters program or that you are graduating in that masters program. If he is a 2022 candidate he is most likely graduating with his MA this year given that he has already been there 6 years - he is a Duke scholar athlete after all.  So, yes it does seem that he wants to do that. With a Duke MA , could he put off a very lucrative job offer to wrestle a 7th year? Sure. Could he not wrestle at all next year? Sure. Could  he apply to a doctorate program somewhere? Sure... but ASU would not be the front runner in that scenario. 

10 minutes ago, Idaho said:

It actually explains everything...candidate means you are either currently enrolled in the masters program or that you are graduating in that masters program. If he is a 2022 candidate he is most likely graduating with his MA this year given that he has already been there 6 years - he is a Duke scholar athlete after all.  So, yes it does seem that he wants to do that. With a Duke MA , could he put off a very lucrative job offer to wrestle a 7th year? Sure. Could he not wrestle at all next year? Sure. Could  he apply to a doctorate program somewhere? Sure... but ASU would not be the front runner in that scenario. 

You sure did write a lot to say you have no idea on his future. 

15 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Could get a doctorate in partying down at ASU.

10 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

You sure did write a lot to say you have no idea on his future. 

That was the shortened version of teaching you what "candidate" means. Do really think that a guy who just spent 6 years an elite school at the tune of a  half million dollar education "Doesn’t seem like he wants that"?  Good luck to ASU in their pursuit of 165. 

34 minutes ago, Idaho said:

That was the shortened version of teaching you what "candidate" means. Do really think that a guy who just spent 6 years an elite school at the tune of a  half million dollar education "Doesn’t seem like he wants that"?  Good luck to ASU in their pursuit of 165. 

Enters the transfer portal seems like he wants to wrestle another year to me. 

On 5/7/2022 at 2:00 AM, flyingcement said:

125: Brandon Courtney / Richie Figueroa

133: Michael McGee / Julian Chlebove

141: Jesse Vasquez / Mykey Ramos

149: Kyle Parco / Ethan Pickren

157: Jacori Teemer / Tyler Antoniak

165: Kendall Norfleet / Max Wilner

174: Cael Valencia / Zane Coleman

184: Anthony Montalvo / Jon Fagen

197: Kordell Norfleet / Westin Keime

285: Cohlton Schultz / Chad Porter

165 is probably the only weak spot left, relatively speaking

absolutely filthy lineup from top to bottom

1 hour ago, gobraves101905 said:

Enters the transfer portal seems like he wants to wrestle another year to me. 

I don't think you are correct.

Something was brought up in another thread from last year.  I forget who it was or why, but they were going for a Graduate program elsewhere and did not intend to wrestle, but on any sort of off chance they did want to after the fact they had to go through the portal to do it legitimately.

So it was discussed, albeit briefly, that it may be necessary that for another school to accept them they must go through the portal - if they are a registered NCAA athlete.

I do believe there may be some fire with that smoke.  A theory, yes, but it's existence without any official yes or no to that from parties that actually know, mean that him entering the transfer portal does not 100% mean he intends to wrestle.

I, myself, believe he does.  I am of higher hopes that his focus is wrestling one more year and that Michigan at 184 to prepare for an international 86 KG career for Israel is the answer.

That said, his focus may be have nothing to do with wrestling.  He may be looking for something specific with a squad that had a team - regardless of how good or what division they are.