51 minutes ago, juniorvarsity said:

He is not registered. Nick Lee did register yesterday. There are so many wrestlers included in the seed projections in that article that they will need to re-write it. I am going post a lit of NCAA top 3 Finishers actually registered for WTT. It is a low percentage.

If he is not registered than he cannot be seeded.

I missed this last week, but it is interesting that they moved the semis for weights with no Final X athlete determined to Sunday so as to make sure everyone weighs in twice.

So who does this favor?

For MFS the weights are 65, 70, and 125. For WFS the weights are 53, 59, 72, and 76. For Greco the only weight is not to follow this procedure is 97.

1 minute ago, Mphillips said:

Does it favor anyone? Not jerking chains here just not sure who struggles the most with the cut and recovery.

Yep, that's why I asked.

If JO was going 65 instead of 70, I would say he is hurt by the change, but not sure about anyone else.

Yianni has wrestled 70kg recently and bumped up to 149 for college, so maybe it hurts him a bit (?).

Does it hurt Deakin who has to be ~3 lbs. lighter than college?

I can't think of anyone else.

6 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Does it favor anyone? Not jerking chains here just not sure who struggles the most with the cut and recovery.

Imar and JO have both struggled, so in return they moved up. Gross mentioned that he is too big for 57 now so this should be avoided for him. Did Ringer fly too close to the sun trying to compete up at 86 or is he re-acclimated to 79?

Speaking of cuts, does anyone know why Suriano is not attending? After coming back for a last hurrah AND sucking down all season to 56.699 kg even after Spencer decided to get surgery, I would have assumed he was preparing for a run at Gilman.

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

@Jon_Kozak

You included Aaron Brooks.  Do you know something?  He isn't registered as of now?

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/7744657-projecting-the-2022-world-team-trials-seeds

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/7781251-2022-world-team-trials-seeds-mens-freestyle

Here are the actual seeds just released today, I can't imagine Brooks will register now that it's past the seeding deadline.

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

If Carr is taking this seriously, and I would think he is going to wrestle very angry after NCAAs, then I am hereby predicting the upset of Nolf and a Final X berth.

Nolf took out Carr by tech (10-0) last time they wrestled.   Nolf has improved since then.  And Carr failed to win NCAAs.   Just sayin'

16 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

Nolf took out Carr by tech (10-0) last time they wrestled.   Nolf has improved since then.  And Carr failed to win NCAAs.   Just sayin'

And Nolf has significantly improved at that. But fortune favors the bold!

3 hours ago, dmm53 said:

57 Vito cruises

61 How did Mendez get the 4, when he lost to #6 and hasn't faced any of the top 5?  Gross will beat him in a 5 over 4 "upset. The last 2 WTTs that Nico was healthy, he ran into Graff (each winning once)  I'll say they do again and it will go 3 matches

65 The 8/9 winner upsets Maple.  Yianni and Lee will advance to Final X

70 Oliver and Zain advance to Final X

74 Nolf cruises

79 Dieringer over the Starocci/Marsteller winner

86 No upsets here.... Hall/Zahid get to the best of 3 and will go 3 matches

92 Jackson pulls it out

97 Macchiavello over Moore

125 Gwiz vs Zilmer, I think, although if Bradley beat Zilmer, I wouldn't be stunned. 

If Carr is taking this seriously, and I would think he is going to wrestle very angry after NCAAs, then I am hereby predicting the upset of Nolf and a Final X berth.

If they meet, Nolf techs him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, rpm002 said:

57 Vito cruises

61 How did Mendez get the 4, when he lost to #6 and hasn't faced any of the top 5?  Gross will beat him in a 5 over 4 "upset. The last 2 WTTs that Nico was healthy, he ran into Graff (each winning once)  I'll say they do again and it will go 3 matches

74 Nolf cruises

92 Jackson pulls it out

125 Gwiz vs Zilmer, I think, although if Bradley beat Zilmer, I wouldn't be stunned. 

There is no best if three here?

Semi winners of the weights where nobody is sitting out will wrestle Sunday to see who goes to the Best of Three Final X. 

In the weights where there is someone sitting out to Final X already, the finals are a one-off, winner takes all match.

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Semi winners of the weights where nobody is sitting out will wrestle Sunday to see who goes to the Best of Three Final X. 

In the weights where there is someone sitting out to Final X already, the finals are a one-off, winner takes all match.

Oh my $HlT.  I am wrong and I welcome that!  Yes!

19 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

To be clear for those not following your link (me, for example), it is the quarter-final winners that wrestle in the semis on Sunday morning in the weights with no Final X athlete already in place. The semi winners then wrestle best of 3 at Final X.

2 hours ago, rpm002 said:

57 Vito cruises

74 Nolf cruises

92 Jackson pulls it out

Jordan Oliver beats Deakin? I can't see how. Yes, JO is good and quick, but Deakin is bigger, stronger, younger and has a vastly larger gas tank.

1 hour ago, Major Kong said:

Jordan Oliver beats Deakin? I can't see how. Yes, JO is good and quick, but Deakin is bigger, stronger, younger and has a vastly larger gas tank.

Someone mentioned a possible rough cut and recovery for Deakin with two day weigh ins...