Sign in to follow this  

Derek Fix

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Was he ever penalized for causing Daton’s suspension (if we’re supposed to believe the story of course)?

What penalty should be imposed on him for his kid grabbing a drink out of the garage fridge?  ;_;

46 minutes ago, ionel said:

What penalty should be imposed on him for his kid grabbing a drink out of the garage fridge?  ;_;

A year or so’s suspension of his own at least?  What he supposedly did was incredibly stupid and irresponsible, especially considering his role as both the coach and father of an Olympic hopeful.

11 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

A year or so’s suspension of his own at least?  What he supposedly did was incredibly stupid and irresponsible, especially considering his role as both the coach and father of an Olympic hopeful.

But they didn't reduce Daton's suspension did they?  So why would they create multiple punishments for a single crime?  It sound more like that was the excuse and his dad was happy to take it on the chin for his son, but it didn't matter in the judgment of his suspension so Daton was penalized.  If Daton was not penalized because it was deemed to be that his dad put him in this situation, then I would agree with you.

51 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

But they didn't reduce Daton's suspension did they?  So why would they create multiple punishments for a single crime?  It sound more like that was the excuse and his dad was happy to take it on the chin for his son, but it didn't matter in the judgment of his suspension so Daton was penalized.  If Daton was not penalized because it was deemed to be that his dad put him in this situation, then I would agree with you.

I believe it was technically reduced from what it could have been wasn’t it?

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

What did he "supposedly" do?

9 minutes ago, ionel said:

What did he "supposedly" do?

Left a substance that is banned by USADA in an unmarked bottle in a home frequented by his athlete/son (which I believe is also the home to younger children?).

He may not have broken any “laws,” but for one I’d have to think it’s at least frowned upon for coaches to be taking substances which are banned for athletes.  And two it’s incredibly negligent. 

9 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Left a substance that is banned by USADA in an unmarked bottle in a home frequented by his athlete/son (which I believe is also the home to younger children?).

He may not have broken any “laws,” but for one I’d have to think it’s at least frowned upon for coaches to be taking substances which are banned for athletes.  And two it’s incredibly negligent. 

So you are believing it was all an accident & Fix shouldn't have been penalized, only the dad?

7 hours ago, ionel said:

So you are believing it was all an accident & Fix shouldn't have been penalized, only the dad?

USADA says we should believe it was an accident, right?  Nonetheless, Daton is still responsible for what he puts in his body, but they did reduce the length based on them believing it was an accident.

To be clear, this thread isn’t really about Daton.  USADA punished him accordingly based on what they believed, and he served his time.  But based on that story, I feel like Derek should have received a punishment of his own (sorry, maybe this should have went in the international forum then).

I’m sure if it any “accidents” happen again Derek Fix will get punished fully. It seems like a proven one time thing in general, not a consistent thing. 

Should I also get penalized for my nephew having smoked the devil's lettuce and failed a piss test three summers ago when his color got called for a rando-pisser?

I am pretty sure the summer of '93 - when I was 26 mind you, I might have taken a hit or four of a marajuana doober when I was visiting my family up north.  It might have even been in his parents garage too (what a coincidence?!). 

I know he was just a baby, but surely I must be penalized for his error.  Even if it was the actual only time I ever touched that said illegal gateway drug?

I will call his PO and let him know it was my fault all this time.

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

Do they ever punish coaches for drug violations by their athletes? It would seem to be fair to do so, but do they?

Yes.  They get fired for negligence in these sort of scenarios - providing they are repeatedly negligent as well as blacklisted.  This has been proven as nothing but a one-off which is, by definition, the opposited of repeated.

Edited by nhs67

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Should I also get penalized for my nephew having smoked the devil's lettuce and failed a piss test three summers ago when his color got called for a rando-pisser?

I am pretty sure the summer of '93 - when I was 26 mind you, I might have taken a hit or four of a marajuana doober when I was visiting my family up north.  It might have even been in his parents garage too (what a coincidence?!). 

I know he was just a baby, but surely I must be penalized for his error.  Even if it was the actual only time I ever touched that said illegal gateway drug?

Did you inhale?  ;)

2 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

they reduced the suspension not because of the circumstances (of a bottle in the fridge)

but because the levels that were in his sample were so minute (that it suggested it was a an accident and not a consistent 'doping')

So maybe Derek should be penalized for an ineffective job.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Did your nephew smoke marijuana that was left easily accessible in your house?

5 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

they reduced the suspension not because of the circumstances (of a bottle in the fridge)

but because the levels that were in his sample were so minute (that it suggested it was a an accident and not a consistent 'doping')

Not really true according to the report.

https://www.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/Daton-Fix-Consent-Award.pdf

Page 19: “Mr. Fix reasonably believed he was drinking vitamin water.  He has therefore established that he bears no significant fault”

later starting on very end of that page: “He had no way of readily determining the water contained ostarine…his level of awareness or attentiveness to potential contamination was reduced at his parents’ home as he regularly visited and consumed food or drinks there”

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Not really true according to the report.

https://www.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/Daton-Fix-Consent-Award.pdf

Page 19: “Mr. Fix reasonably believed he was drinking vitamin water.  He has therefore established that he bears no significant fault”

later starting on very end of that page: “He had no way of readily determining the water contained ostarine…his level of awareness or attentiveness to potential contamination was reduced at his parents’ home as he regularly visited and consumed food or drinks there”

Laughable.   Adults actually bought this.

3 hours ago, ionel said:

Did you inhale?  ;)

I likely might possibly could be open to the idea of it being a possible result that may or might not have happened during those events.

21 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Did your nephew smoke marijuana that was left easily accessible in your house?

I believe for the assumed innocence until proven guilty that I must say for all parties involved in said incident that I cannot rule out the possibility of it having happened or not have possibly happened in or around your suggested vicinities - or not.

Edited by nhs67

28 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Laughable.   Adults actually bought this.

Are you saying you don't "consume food or drinks" at your parents house?  If ur claiming you don't, MFlap would like a word.  ;)

My entire skepticism around the situation came from not just popping. But popping for the exact PED that someone would advise him to take. 
Guys who accidentally pop for trace amounts don’t normally piss hot for the exact recommended PED.

I will grant that when I originally posited this opinion. I was slightly irritated at the absurdity of the suggestion that.. Derek Fix giving motivational talks and watching Daton cut weight in HS somehow was relevant. 

Im no longer shocked if anyone popped. And I came closer to using them than I’d usually like to admit. And Ncaas really isn’t testing for PEDs. Just weed

Edited by jp157
My phone hates the word don’t