Sign in to follow this  

Derek Fix

38 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

My parents actually have a garage refrigerator but rather than performance enhancing drugs, its where they keep things they don't usually drink, but like to have available at parties (diet sodas and hoppy beers)

The garage fridge is where I keep my sports drinks, cliff bars, gu etc. the stuff need to grab on the way out for sports.  If I had any vitamin water it'd be in the garage fridge.  Sure there might be some beer but the good stuff is inside in the beer fridge.  Like  nhs67  said, if I did or didn't have any PE drinks they would or wouldn't be in the garage fridge.  :)

6 hours ago, ionel said:

The garage fridge is where I keep my sports drinks, cliff bars, gu etc. the stuff need to grab on the way out for sports.  If I had any vitamin water it'd be in the garage fridge.  Sure there might be some beer but the good stuff is inside in the beer fridge.  Like  nhs67  said, if I did or didn't have any PE drinks they would or wouldn't be in the garage fridge.  :)

What kind of monster puts Gu in the fridge?!? Dear god PLEASE leave it room temp! And switch to Maurten, your GI troubles will thank you when you never look back.

Derek Fix apparently does not have the self-awareness to realize regardless of the USADA ruling, he and his son are not going to get the benefit of the doubt with many in the wrestling community. 

It is unclear to me why Chris Perry had to get brought into hearing but once this became known, John Smith should have cleaned house. For coaches to be dabbling in PEDs on the side (in a best case scenario) and those PEDs were "accidentally" ingested by their star athlete is reckless and should be grounds for dismissal. It would have been an opportunity to bring in the smart pick for successor to Smith's position, Chris Pendleton.

But I guess blood is thicker than water--especially with some PEDs...

6 hours ago, TobyMcNugget said:

Derek Fix apparently does not have the self-awareness to realize regardless of the USADA ruling, he and his son are not going to get the benefit of the doubt with many in the wrestling community. 

It is unclear to me why Chris Perry had to get brought into hearing but once this became known, John Smith should have cleaned house. For coaches to be dabbling in PEDs on the side (in a best case scenario) and those PEDs were "accidentally" ingested by their star athlete is reckless and should be grounds for dismissal. It would have been an opportunity to bring in the smart pick for successor to Smith's position, Chris Pendleton.

But I guess blood is thicker than water--especially with some PEDs...

I think firing Smith for this is going overboard, but you bring up a good point…

If Chris Perry was the RTC coach and Daton drink out of his water bottle accidentally, do we still think he’d be the RTC coach?

Of course the other option is maybe Derek isn’t really the reason Daton tested positive, and they didn’t want to punish him for something he didn’t do…

Edited by 1032004

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

I think firing Smith for this is going overboard, but you bring up a good point…

If Chris Perry was the RTC coach and Daton drink out of his water bottle accidentally, do we still think he’d be the RTC coach?

Of course the other option is maybe Derek isn’t really the reason Daton tested positive, and they didn’t want to punish him for something he didn’t do…

I didn't mean for Smith to get fired, I meant that he needed to get rid of those involved (Chris Perry, John's nephew and Derek Fix). 

Agree that there is almost certainly much more to this story than what was presented to USADA but I have a hard time believing there is a scenario where Derek Fix wasn't involved. 

It's unfortunate that Ostarine doesn't have an obvious, long-lived metabolite that could have been used to confirm that the low levels found in Daton were truly consistent with accidental ingestion rather than poorly-timed cycling. 

On 5/14/2022 at 5:44 PM, TheHeel said:

There is rampant steroid usage going on in NCAA wrestling. Is this the place to discuss this or is this verboten?

Please discuss. I do not see an visibly obvious steroid use when watching the NCAA tournament, so what are you going off of to make this statement? Rampant? I doubt it.

2 hours ago, juniorvarsity said:

Please discuss. I do not see an visibly obvious steroid use when watching the NCAA tournament, so what are you going off of to make this statement? Rampant? I doubt it.

You do understand the majority of actual PED use is not dudes overdoing old school steroids right?

5 hours ago, juniorvarsity said:

TJ Dillashaw got popped for EPO and his coach Sam Calavitta is the one who was giving it to him according to many in the know.  

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/04/duane-ludwig-sam-calavitta-tj-dillashaws-usada-failure-inexcusable-epo-ex-ufc-champ-drug-test-steroids

https://www.win-magazine.com/2022/02/18/treigning-lab-app-unlocks-secrets-of-balancing-training-and-recovery/

Thats an article about Sam Calavitta. Here's a photo of David Taylor and Sam Calavitta

image.thumb.png.1fb47ea90e912508a7d4d7202b763436.png

Like JP157 said, theres a LOT of stuff out there besides testosterone 

17 minutes ago, TheHeel said:

TJ Dillashaw got popped for EPO and his coach Sam Calavitta is the one who was giving it to him according to many in the know.  

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/04/duane-ludwig-sam-calavitta-tj-dillashaws-usada-failure-inexcusable-epo-ex-ufc-champ-drug-test-steroids

https://www.win-magazine.com/2022/02/18/treigning-lab-app-unlocks-secrets-of-balancing-training-and-recovery/

Thats an article about Sam Calavitta. Here's a photo of David Taylor and Sam Calavitta

The statement referred to NCAAs. This would appear to be several years later for DT.

5 hours ago, juniorvarsity said:

3 hours ago, jp157 said:

You do understand the majority of actual PED use is not dudes overdoing old school steroids right?

So is the claim that "steroid" use is rampant, or simply that PED use was rampant?

2 hours ago, TheHeel said:

That whole situation is the epitome of smoke and fire. While I’ve given the benefit of the doubt so far.. the fact he went up AND suddenly became a super physical cardio machine.. well, I won’t be shocked if he pops 

Especially given who his strength coach is 

2 hours ago, TheHeel said:

As to the implication that DT is juicing, I have no information or even speculation. But didn't DT say that he never lifted weights until after college. (It would seem surprising that any D1 wrestler does not lift, but I believe he did say that.) If so, it would not seem at all impossible or even improbable that DT could add the muscle he did just by serious lifting. Am I wrong?

29 minutes ago, jp157 said:

That whole situation is the epitome of smoke and fire. While I’ve given the benefit of the doubt so far.. the fact he went up AND suddenly became a super physical cardio machine.. well, I won’t be shocked if he pops 

DT was always a cardio machine. He put on a good bit of muscle, but he had the frame to do it. His frame is enormous. He frankly has more room to add muscle if he really wanted. His physique in that picture does not indicate steroid use to me. I think he just finally grew into his body.

16 minutes ago, jp157 said:

His connection to Callavita and Treigning Lab is super suspect given his transition from 74kg to 86kg. Take it for what it is, but Downey says it is true. That is the only person willing to rat on him. Who else would even say it? Dillashaw took the blame but lets be honest. Callavita does Triathlons(EPO) and loves the science. 

1 minute ago, NJDan said:

As to the implication that DT is juicing, I have no information or even speculation. But didn't DT say that he never lifted weights until after college. (It would seem surprising that any D1 wrestler does not lift, but I believe he did say that.) If so, it would not seem at all impossible or even improbable that DT could add the muscle he did just by serious lifting. Am I wrong?

Cael's wrestlers are in the weight room. This just sounds like a bad justification for massive weight gain. I love DT and I love his style of wrestling, but anyone who is aware of these things cannot help but make the connections. There is smoke.

37 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

DT was always a cardio machine. He put on a good bit of muscle, but he had the frame to do it. His frame is enormous. He frankly has more room to add muscle if he really wanted. His physique in that picture does not indicate steroid use to me. I think he just finally grew into his body.

34 minutes ago, juniorvarsity said:

His connection to Callavita and Treigning Lab is super suspect given his transition from 74kg to 86kg. Take it for what it is, but Downey says it is true. That is the only person willing to rat on him. Who else would even say it? Dillashaw took the blame but lets be honest. Callavita does Triathlons(EPO) and loves the science. 

Cael's wrestlers are in the weight room. This just sounds like a bad justification for massive weight gain. I love DT and I love his style of wrestling, but anyone who is aware of these things cannot help but make the connections. There is smoke.

I said I’m giving benefit of doubt.. saying there isn’t a lot of smoke though.. is disengenuis

18 hours ago, jp157 said:

I said I’m giving benefit of doubt.. saying there isn’t a lot of smoke though.. is disengenuis

associating with that guy is indeed smoke. i'm just saying that i don't buy it personally. based on personal experience lifting and being around people who went through similar transformations without PED's, i don't think he used them. but obviously, i don't know for sure. guys with big frames can put on a lot of muscle in a short time. and he was cutting an enormous amount of weight to make 74 kg.